1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Driving / hiking trip sugesstions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by SandsFan, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are thinking about driving through Mt Charleston and Red Rock Canyon but plan to stop in one or the other to take an hour or two walk. Any suggestions on which would be the better stop and if you have a specific trail that is your favorite?

TIA

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Depends on the time of the year. Mt. Chas is better for the summer and Red Rock better in cooler months.
    Both have plenty of hiking opportunities and for an hour or two jaunt, RR might be easier to access.

3. ScubaStever

ScubaStever Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are great. On Mt. Charleston I have done the Lower Bristlecone Trail which would be great for a mountain hike while at Red Rock you get beautiful desert rock formations that are spectacular to this Chicago-area native. At Red Rock Canyon I have parked at Red Spring Park to avoid the park admission and based my trail runs from there. It is about half an hour drive from Downtown LV while Mt Charleston will be about an hour. Red Rock is about half an hour from downtown LV and Mt. Charleston about an hour. Right now there is snow on Mt Charleston if that is a factor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.