1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10 days ago...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by zNaturaL, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNaturaL

zNaturaL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was sitting at the MGM food court eating chicken from Original Chicken Tenders as the UFC fight was getting out...

At that moment, it just felt like I was in paradise - it was surreal. I remember thinking "Wow this is the life". Sounds pretty dumb but Vegas is just a place where I don't have to worry about work and stress and I just feel so comfortable there. Can't wait to book my next trip for April.

Man it was amazing just sitting there eating that chicken! :beer:

2. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeps...been there....felt that...pretty awesome!

3. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point...every trip seems to have that ONE moment where you think how sweet it is to be chillin' in Vegas with no real world worries.

Usually I get that when I am in the cab from the airport to the strip...I like to have the driver take me down the strip so I can soak it all in

4. Slotchick

Slotchick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree Rocky, I get that same feeling on the way to the hotel. It seems the weight of the world is lifted off my shoulders and I can relax totally.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen!

When I first get checked in I will open the curtains so I can look down the strip while unpacking...have a drink...and unwind. The whole trip is ahead of me and it is fantastic!

6. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is the Big Exhale for me.
    Usually when I open the curtains and pour the drink also. Because up until that point, I'm concerned about making it to the airport on time, TSA, boarding, luggage, taxi, checkin (hopefully and upgrade), and quality and view of the room.
    Then the Big Exhale.

7. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'm with you guys, one of the best feelings is that time when we are dumping our stuff in the hotel room, mixing up that first drink, stashing some cash in the safe....everyone has left their worries behind, there are not yet any gaming losses to regret (or chase), and the trip is full of possibilities....gotta love that moment!

8. oldcrabtom

oldcrabtom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent !! :drunk:

9. dawnnut1

dawnnut1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto my friends - the big exhale and the absence of work and stress = pure bliss. Lucky for me, in two weeks....:beer:

10. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I travel from the UK, so I leave home at 04:30, drive to London, park up, check in, board plane @ 10:30, 10:40 in the air, de-board, immigration, bags, customs, taxi, and into hotel. I arrive at hotel around 3-4pm Vegas time (11-midnight UK time) and I should be shattered, but somehow, I am pumped and ready to get that 1st "room" drink. I travel all over the world on business and vacation and ONLY Vegas has this effect on me, that why I keep coming back.

11. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with you all. Our moment is the first night when we always eat at Mon Ami. Sitting outside, watching the traffic and all the lights of the LV hotels is magical.

12. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I open the curtains, hoist my 16 oz. tall boy, and laugh and giggle like a little girl. I do my silly little Vegas dance. I'm at the point in life where I raise my beer, thank God (you don't have to be religious to do that), that I am healthy and able to enjoy all of this.

Unpack, head down to the first Blackjack ($5 or $10) and commence the party.

13. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Vegas 8 times and I can honestly say there hasn't been a single time where I didn't land at McCarran and get goosebumps. Just seeing the strip I know that for the next 5 days I'm going to have a great time and not a care in the world. Best feeling on the planet and the reason why it's basically the only place I travel to.

14. Landshark

Landshark Way into it...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know what you mean. First time I felt that "moment" I was standing one of the pedestrian overpasses, drinking a big-ass can 'o beer, gazing down the strip toward the mountains, and just got that "aahhhh" feeling you get when it finally hits that you're on vacation. Second trip was up in my room at TI, having just hit a nice run on VP that pretty much paid for the trip. Stood in the window for a good hour looking down at the Strip, drinking rum and thinking, "this does not suck."

15. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a shame you can only get that "Vegas feeling" in Vegas. :thumbsup:

16. Bac4life

Bac4life Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

wow..I'd like to know, what was in that chicken.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.