1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

VP Bar to Watch Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by 34cents, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Headed out for Super Bowl weekend and would like to get some input on good VP bar to watch the game.

Been considering Book & Stage at Cosmo as I have always had good time there. Not interested in paying an entry fee to a party as I didn't care for that as much last time. Especially since I know my favorite team won't be playing this year.

I'm mostly a low roller so looking for .25 or .50 denom machines.

2. VegasDave

VegasDave Addicted

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming in same time. It will be hard to get a seat anywhere, as most places will be packed if they are free or simply have a entry fee/minimum buy.

Book and Stage would be good but better get there early in the morning and be prepared to sit for a while.

3. Scot

Scot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no problem getting a seat at the Boar's Head Bar at MSS last year. It was busy, but not completely packed.

4. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Figured I would have to get somewhere fairly early. This is my second SB weekend and the last time I spent hours standing in line at LVH to watch the game in the theater seating setup. Wasn't a big fan of that so this time I want to just casually watch it while getting in some VP play.

5. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone twice when the Bears made it to the SB. I too, didn't want to go to any "Big Game Parties". First time we went to a bar at The STRAT , of all places. Had a great time sitting at the bar playing VP for many, many hours. Now that I think about its the Bears and Packers played in the playoffs, was expecting Bears to win but they didn't. We already had the flight so we still went. That time we played at the VP bar in Paris. Fun times

You really do need to get there hours before kickoff to get seats. Really any VP bar would be fun, I'd bet Book and Stage would be awesome

Have fun.

6. Mayoman

Mayoman High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The VP bar next to the Bellagio sports book isn't bad.

7. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been there, not on any NFL game day let alone Superbowl day.

8. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be watching it at one of the VP bars at the 4Queens. Last year they let you keep your spot when you had to leave for a meal, etc. Of course you need to leave a thank you tip.

9. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been there twice during Super Bowl. First time was at Texas station easy to get a spot at the bar but I was annoyed because they didn't have the volume turned up on any tvs so I walked over to fiesta and same thing, plenty of seats but no volume.
    Second time was at Red Rock. Had a great time there, invited to the party actully won a door prize too but as I remember there was spots at the bar there as well.
    This year will be my third trip and will be at Gold Coast. Not sure how good it will be there but I guess I can easily walk to palms or rio and check them out. Also invited to the party there but I like playing at the vp bars so not sure where I will end up. Anybody want to chime in on Gold Coast on Super Bowl?

10. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thinking more about the get there early asspect and it doesn't sound as appealing. I think I would rather just find anywhere within decent TV range and catch it there. Will probably stop by Book & Stage just to see how busy they are but wasting half my day holding a spot doesn't sound fun. Only drawback of not being at the VP bar is comped drinks.

11. 34cents

34cents Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ended up watching at the VP bar just as you walk in the front doors at Monte Carlo. Was a good time and cashed my tickets on the Pats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.