1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

I started saving today....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BlackjackCat, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackjackCat

BlackjackCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started putting money in a giant jar today for my trip sometime in July. Oh man....gives me something to get excited about every time I drop some money in there! AHHHHHH LOUD NOISES!!!!

2. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i drop my chump change in a jar every evening.... provides a couple extra hondos every time it fills...cash the coin, drop the bills to the bottom, repeat. as i only get to vegas a couple times a year, it does give me a nice little extra play money.. good luck on yours

3. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We do the same with our change and any scratch tickets we have. Just adds that little bit more. Good luck saving for July and glad this helps you get excited about your trip. Those trips booked well in advance are hard. I want to go...NOW!!

4. TrixieM

TrixieM Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a friend with severe road rage. She said she decided she needed to do something drastic before she hurt herself or someone else, and came up with an idea that actually worked. Every time someome cut her off in traffic or committed some heinous traffic infraction, she would put a dollar in her vacation fund jar. She said she saved a bunch, and also kinda sorta looked forward to someone pulling in front of her and slamming on the brakes. I tried something similar, in that every time I cussed, I would put a quarter in my little bank. I thought it would make me clean up my language (which isn't really THAT bad to begin with but.....whatever.) Didn't completely work. Damn it.

5. BlackjackCat

BlackjackCat Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see you're staying at Paris soon. I stayed there last July and loved it! I won't actually book my stay until late Jan or Feb but I am strongly considering staying there again for my July trip. I loved waking up every morning and playing video poker at Gustav's and then heading to Mon Ami Gabi for breakfast.

6. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is great! I play in a weekly poker game Small stakes -usually win or lose around 50 or 60.00. All my winnings go in my Vegas Piggy.

7. LV2GAMBLE

LV2GAMBLE Certified LOW Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ching ching...we do the same thing. Throw all the change in a jar and when it gets full take it to work, where we have a change counter and usually during lunch walk to the campus based bank and deposit it into my 'vacation' account. We also deposit any rebate checks or refunds into that account to add to the fund. It all adds up over time :woohoo: :biker::biker:

8. scohitch

scohitch Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, we like Paris. Middle strip with easy access to Ballys underground - neither are five star but we don't mind either place. The little bakery in Paris has great croissants that make the morning start off well.

Even if you haven't booked, you know you're going, which is the same as booking. Um...that made sense to me. Happy VMB reading!

9. Amn1410

Amn1410 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since the fiance pays the bills, I give her cash and take out an extra $40 every 2 weeks for the fund. Plus when the weather is actually good in the Midwest we play in A weekly 2-man scramble that pays for the win and a big skins pot. We win generally 95% of the time which pays $80 or so every time and can be up to $300 for a skin. All goes in the pot for the next trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.