1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UKFanatic Live TR (mini) from the Wynn

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Nov 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

OK, not sure I can muster the energy to write a full blown Live TR with lots of pics. So instead, you get a mini TR where I hit the highlights and add only a few pics. I think I can muster that much energy!

So I arrived last evening for a three night stay at the Wynn. Its the first time I have stayed here in more than a year. I dropped some significant money here last month, so my host has contacted me every couple days since to try and get me back out. He doesn't realize that it doesn't take much prompting to get me to Vegas, lol. Flight was uneventful and the airport was basically empty. In fact, the Wynn overall is relatively slow. I guess its that time of year. So the host gave me an awesome suite on the 59th floor. I would share pics, but really they are pretty much the same as Packer's pics from last week. Still, the view is incredible. I just found myself staring out the window for the last 15 minutes as the sun sank below the mountains. What a view!

Let's start with the lowlight from last evening: dinner. I had heard good things about Lakeside and had been looking forward to trying it. All I can say is that it is terribly overrated. Not sure I will ever go back. The décor is very good and the service was tremendous, but the food was a big letdown. On the server's recommendation, I tried the moon fish. It was maybe the worst prepared fish I have ever eaten. The taste was bland and the texture was rubbery. I ate about half of it because I was starving and didn't want to send it back, but I was seriously disappointed. The side, however, was very good. Fried rice with mushrooms (they snuck a few fresh lima beans in there, which were tasty). Overall, I was disappointed.

But the highlight from last evening was the gamboling. Played about an hour of blackjack at a solo table in the high limit. I wagered $500 to $3k a hand. It was up and down, but eventually walked away up $7k. After that, I walked over to the roulette tables. One of them had a reserved sign and I wondered if they knew Nate had already moved down the street, lol. Took out $2500 in quarters and played. Pretty uneventful. I kept working my way down to my final stack and then stage a comeback. Did that for about an hour and finally left down $500 at the table. Still, ending the evening up $6500 is always a good start.

As I left the high limit, I went tog et a drink and two perky blondes followed me over to the bar. You can guess what happened next ..... I pretended to be a deaf mute and just shook my head at them with a creepy smile on my face. :evillaugh Seriously, I politely let them know what I was not interested and they returned to their perch outside the high limit.

Today has been mostly highlights as well. Placed some sports bets this morning and still waiting for most of them to resolve. The only really big wager is Miss St minus 30.5. Suck it, Vandy.

Went to the spa this morning. That was fun. Afterwards, I grabbed a quick lunch at the Terrace Point Café. Strangely, there as a long line in the hallway outside the café, before you get to La Cave. But I couldn't figure out what the line was for. It seemed to simply end with the person in front standing in line. Weird.

Hit the tables again after lunch and it was good! Won some more at blackjack, played two and a half shoes of baccarat and then back to roulette. The results? Well, see for yourself ....

20141122_143209.jpg

Chaching! $10k of that is markers, but still, I'm up $30K! Add that to my little Tunica haul last week and I'm nearing $50k for the week. Sure beats working, lol.

And what did I do with my big winnings? Go shopping of course! Because what self respecting adult doesn't want, nay NEED, a T-Rex night light

20141122_154259.jpg

Let's just say the sales attendant was a wee bit disappointed when I bought that instead of the $18k crystal encrusted panther statue I was also looking at, lol.

While back in the room, I noticed something I have seen before, but never really thought much about: the vacant lot next to the Trump. Here is an awful picture

20141122_143220.jpg

I was racking my brain trying to remember. Is that the old New Frontier site? Somebody help me. I still see the remnants of a tennis court on the lot. I don't know why I haven't paid more attention to it before.

Spent the rest of the afternoon in the gym. Not bad. First time using the Wynn facilities.

That's it for now. The current plan is to clean up, rest, start working on my NFL bets for tomorrow, watch Vandy suck it, and then probably dinner at Mizumi. Might post more later or tomorrow. :wave:

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
  2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting......always enjoy your reports.

3. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run! keep it coming. As you know we all did good at the Wynn last week so keep it going! I can see you turning that 30k into 60k then 100k no problem. Go grab a bone in NY with no butter on it at SW. You really taste the quality of the steak that way. Have fun and keep the tables warm for us next week!

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Sweet heater! Keep it up, UK!

5. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice score dude!!!!

6. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice run! Glad to see somebody win big first day,..!

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job uk!! Packer and i grabbed a late night meal in a restaurant and was awesome on the way to valet. Do not remember the name of the place but it was almost across from the breakfast/coffee shop. Get the veal parm!!

8. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Allegro? Might eat there tomorrow. Have enjoyed it in the past.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. Vandy is, as predicted, sucking it. Got 6k riding on that game. Headed downstairs soon to watch the second half

Loooong layover on our way to Lake Tahoe
  9. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What NFL picks do you like tomorrow UK ?

My picks today were

Mizzou - ML - Pending
    USC - ML - Pending
    Notre Lame - ML - Lost
    Iowa - Spread - WON
    Minnesota - Spread - WON

10. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice win UK. Keep it going.

Good luck

11. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes! That is the place I believe. Only open for lunch and dinner? Great food!

12. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle, minny, Mia, Tampa, atl

13. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All ML ? or spread bronco ?

14. exds

exds Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations UK on the nice wins! That was funny about the two 'perky blondes' and the T-Rex night light. Keep the winning streak going!

15. petp13

petp13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, thats the New Frontier site that James Packer/Crown Resorts Australia recently bought and will build a new resort there.

Good luck on your trip!!! I got killed there earlier this week :thumbsdown:

16. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ats, against the spread. But sea and atl are faves.

17. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well done UK. Crush them like Kansas.

18. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Start UKFanatic Keep it going. Thanks for the Mini TR

19. Brewfangrb

Brewfangrb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Interesting. It's not like I visited really any places when I was there last week, but I still love the idea of more new places popping up.

20. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think TRex crushed the New Frontier into dust - yes that is what was on that site, and north of that the Stardust I think.

Nice win! Next time you see the perky blondes invite them up to see your nightlight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.