1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

can we use resort credit given at mandalay at other Mlife properties?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Haute_Shot, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i was given $300 resort credit during my stay at Mandalay Bay over labor day weekend. they said it was good for restaurants, spa (entrance fee only not treatments) etc...

I've asked several front desk agents including two managers if i could go to another mlife property say bellagio's prime steakhouse, charge my dinner to mandalay room, then deduct from $300 resort credit at mandalay.
    I was given conflicting answers one said yes, one said only can be applied if spent at mandalay.

in the end this time i ate at michael mina's stripsteak just to be on the safe side avoid headache.

But i would like to know for future reference if we can use at another mlife property then to a room charge?

thanks

2. parallax

parallax High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can.

3. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can eat at other mlife properties and charge it back to the room to use up the resort credit.

But....you need to make sure that the restaurant is mlife eligible.

Not all restaurants qualify (for the resort credit) like a Charlie Palmers steakhouse.

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually you need to ask at each property. It depends on the resort. I had a Resort credit at Aria that could be used anywhere in the MLife family - even at Wolfgang Puck in Crystals because I could charge it to the room. I also had a resort credit at Bellagio, and that had to be used at Bellagio only (I charged a restaurant bill from an MLife restaurant at another resort to my room and they said the resort credit could not be applied toward it). The next time you ask and the manager says yes, ask for something in writing and get his or her name. I usually ask at the Player's Desk, not the front desk because they seem to have more of a handle on comps, promotions etc.

5. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They explained to me at MB that you can apply the credit to anything you can room charge except tips.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have heard it both ways. I have also heard that you can use it in the SPA.

You were smart to just use it at MB.

7. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    on a separate note, i noticed that if using express comps, the meal is tax free.
    Ex.
    100 food
    10 tax
    =$110 total

you would be paying out of pocket $110 plus gratuity
    if you use express comppoints to pay for meal.
    they deduct only $100 from your express comp balance, the tax drops off.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on the terms of the Resort Credit. Most of the time you can use it for anything you can charge to your room.

But I have seen a few offers where it is specific to the hotel, and I have seen some where it it very specific to only certain charges at the hotel.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WRONG.

You can not use resort credit for retail. Food and drink for sure. Usually for spa and show tickets as well, but YMMV.

10. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i concur: resort credit may not be used for retail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.