1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker Bob Dancer's books....worth the money?

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by BayouBengal, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bob is considered a video poker expert and I'm looking for a way to sharpen my game. But what would I learn from his books that I couldn't learn from WizardOfOdds and the app I bought from VideoPoker.com which has a trainer telling me the optimal play. It almost feels antiquated buying a book for this when there are so many online resources.

2. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never read Bob Dancer's books but I do read his column from time to time. My personal feeling on buying books are this:

If you feel like he's going to tell you some proprietary information that you can't derive from other source for free on the web, you should buy the book.

If you want to feed the Bob Dancer machine because you like Bob Dancer, you should buy the book.

Otherwise, skip it.

3. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought his Video Poker for the Intelligent Beginner. It had a lot of useful info, but if you're not trying to become a professional VP player looking to only play when you have an advantage, or don't plan on using the Video Poker for Winners software, then you probably don't need the book. I believe his other books are more like memoirs.

His column on LVA, and the info on Wizard of Odds and some strategy cards are all you need to play VP with the best strategy and return for your money.

Trip #39!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.