1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLK Weekend Cosmo HL Slot pull 1/16

Discussion in 'Vegas Get Togethers' started by wanker751, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This started in the January thread, but we can used this to discuss the details.

I would be willing to take any of the W2g hits as long as I can withhold some taxes on the form for tax time. I was thinking maybe 10% to account for my state and and federal income taxes. That number is not firm if that seems too high let me know. Also in exchange I would also like to use my players card. Again if this is not cool, please let me know! I am very flexible, but I just want to get the ball rolling.

I was thinking $100 to $200 per person.

So far people that said they are interested are

JB
    Landry
    All In
    Nevyn
    Win 4 me
    Wanker

As for the machine I was thinking a $5 WOF (which would be $10 a pull)
    But I would be willing to do a $1 video slot but I think the cost for max bet there is higher. Again I am open for everything.

We also would need to discuss a stop point do we go all in? Do we shoot to go to 5x bankroll and then stop? That kind of stuff.

Personally I am fine shooting for the moon. But it all depends on everyone's tastes.

As for time, I was thinking meeting around 9 at Cosmo? I am leaving downtown after the 1st playoff game ends and plan to watch second at Cosmo. IIRC usually game 1 starts at 3 CST on Sat and 7 CST for game two. I am totally fine with an hour earlier or literally anytime later!

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am definitely in for meeting up. I will probably be in for the slot pull at $100, but it could depend on how the week is going. If its going to leave me short for gaming budget on the last couple days I may bail (I would still meet up for drinks). I would only go up to $200 if its been a good week.

The rest I am pretty flexible on. I am Canadian so can't do the W2G without substantial withholding. I will defer to others on what is reasonable. Don't care about whose players card. $5 WOF sounds fun, but I'm a slot newb so I can been pursuaded to try something else. I don't think we should just play it all down, but I will defer on where to put the stop.

3. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah for sure you should not take the W2G!

Yes if you are not in the pull we for sure will do drinks prior. That was what I was thinking as a meeting place.

4. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As for why I think WoF is best. We are going to put $100 in. That is 10 spins per person. That gives us 60 total spins on original bankroll. If we did a $1 video with $20 max bet or higher, that could kick our ass really quick!

5. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in. It would be great to meet all of you. Only thing that could keep me from participating is if I'm busy picking up my check from winning the MB slot tournament. ( that's so not gonna happen - but I can dream!)

6. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This sounds like fun. We amended our trip ever-so-slightly, and we now get in Jan 16th and leave the 20th, staying at Cosmo. I'm all for a WoF group effort...and when we hit it big, the person taking the w2 should take a slightly higher payout- dependent upon amount won, and no issue with that same person using their players card.

7. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would work as well. I figured I would just have that percentage withheld for tax purposes on the W2G. I came 10% since I would be able to write off some losses but not on IL taxes. :grrr:

Though I am not sure if that is way too low or high? What time do you get in Dutch?

8. Dutch34

Dutch34 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the Eagle lands around 12:45 on the 16th. Hoping to make it to a bar by game time for the 1st divisional game that day!

9. CenterfieldNine

CenterfieldNine High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great idea! I'm in to join, and would be comfortable with $100 or $200.

10% on handpays (as in, you skim 10% and we evenly divide the 90% in the pool) and players card privileges seems reasonable to me, the only thoughts I have are that if we want -- perhaps we do some set number of pulls either initially OR for our last X spins on a $25WOF.

My vote would be for a 10x buyin if we do $100 and 5x buyin if we do $200. It's what I refer to as my "stack stop" rule. It's similar to my "stop loss" rule except I actually follow it.

Looking forward to it! Again, great idea and thanks for kicking it off.

10. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am down with a few pulls at $25 but we can make that determination then. Looks like it would be $100.

11. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My thinking was exactly that. Say when we win 5k. I would have them withhold 500 on the w2. Then spread the 4500 equally on the group.

12. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey wanker, 1000% interested but what time on 1/16 were you guys thinking? I leave that afternoon so unless I can extend my stay (which I'm trying haha) or it's the 15th, not sure I'll be able to :/.

13. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be getting to Cosmo after the first game. I was thinking like 9 or so. That way it should be after the games.

Though if you wanted to meet me downtown Friday and do a mini one I can do that.

That or just extend your trip!

14. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes sir! Working on extending since you guys have put together something awesome here but in the event I can't, Friday would be great (if it's not too much trouble for you and the others).

15. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday I meant really just you I and whoever wanted to join... the main event we will keep Saturday

16. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in on the slot pull as well.

17. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there the weekend before, but I'd like to participate if Leslie Chow agrees to be my proxy

18. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cool I will in a few weeks post the specific details in few weeks. Where to meet etc...

I assume second story of Chandelier seems like a good place to meet up. Have a drink then go win ungodly amounts of money!

19. wanker751

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I saw that Frank... Really sad I will be missing you. But that would be cool!

20. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok lets see if Plee wants to come

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.