1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Beatles LOVE Show - many empty seats

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Piggylane, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the LOVE show last night with comped tickets and there were many empty seats around us. In fact there were six seats next to us in section 201 empty and the entire row behind us was was also empty. Looking through the theatre I estimate it was maybe 70% full. Is that good enough for a 7 pm Friday night performance? Or is this foretelling the future?

Second time seeing the show and I really enjoyed it. First time I was recovering from food poisoning (Excalibur catering) so I didn't remember much. Given I grew up in the Beatles era I still like the music.

In general the CDS shows seem to be drawing fewer and fewer people. Or is that my imagination?

2. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Mystere and MJ in November. MJ was fairly packed, but Mystere was maybe half full? I had a whole row to myself and only a dozen or so in the entire section. With some of the shows being there for a number of years, I wonder if they need a refresh?

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder how many were there last night on the MYVEGAS comp as well. We are lowwww rollin' type folks and have come to realize spending close to or over 200 $ for 90 minutes of dazzle is a lot. And we are easily dazzled. But it is like everything else and comes / goes in cycles. We'll see.

On the other hand 200 $ for 4 hours of golf might be considered an even trade.......

4. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't use the MyVegas comp, never even thought about it! I have 565,000 LP's and have lost interest as many good rewards have dried up. These were VIP Services comps.

They seem to be refreshing some if the shows. Zumanity has been refreshed but saw it once, not for me! I've seen KA five times, O four, Zarkana and Love two and Mystere once. O is the best by far in my opinion.

5. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would be nice if something new opened in Vegas that wasn't a Cirque show. I think we're over saturated.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have always wondered what kind of daily sales these shows need to show a profit. Both times I saw O, the theater was packed. Ka was about 85% full. Those were all weekend shows. I saw MJ One on a weeknight and it was packed. Saw Penn and Teller and only the lower section was full.

I Need Spa
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think attendance is up and down. But not out.

Not sure what to make of it... but overall visitors to Vegas has dropped some, right?

8. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw LOVE a couple of years ago and walked out halfway through...
    the show was....OK, I guess, but my problem was the woman sitting next to me was singing along, at the top of her lungs, and had the absolute worst voice imaginable.
    As each new song started, she loudly exclaimed to her friend sitting next to her "oh, this is my favorite song!!" over and over again.

it was a nightmare.

9. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I think the problem is most of US, Vegas junkies, have seen all those shows. Since we represent a cross section of all Vegas visitors, I would say the majority falls into the same category.

The young 'uns aren't going to these shows, they are way out of their demographic. They will line up for hours to see DJ Huffnstuff, but could care less about the Circus and 65 year old comedians.

It's evolution, folks. It's another step along the road to the whole city imploding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.