1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"You're (me) a LOOZAH" - A trip with family and friends. With PICTURES!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ssfblue, Jul 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssfblue

ssfblue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I will try to make this as simple as possible, but I tend to be complicated with explanations so my apologies in advance!

ARRIVAL:

Virgin America from SFO to LAS - We were unfortunately on "The Dark Horse" plane... the one plane in the entire fleet that does not have the in flight entertainment working. I worry not because it's a short flight anyway and they gave us a coupon for a free drink, snack, premium movie, etc. for my next flight so all is good in the world! :)

The flight was pretty much carefree and easy. No delays or problems. The only issue I had was the descent into LAS. It was pretty bumpy and I'm not a huge fan of flying so that equals you know what.

HOTEL:

[​IMG]

Bally's: I was at Bally's the first night and I thought the room was pretty damn good. It was FREE! I got the renovated room. Shower was meh. View was nothing special. I did not try the $20 Trick because I was only there for one night.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bellagio: This has to be my best and favorite hotel experience ever. I am a HUGE fan of the Bellagio Fountains and having a direct view of it was AMAZING! It really kept me from losing more money, let me tell you that! The amenities are amazing, the luxury is all that one can ask for. The staff was really friendly. I ordered room service and the food was EXCELLENT! I stayed with a good friend of mine who hails from Boston. Yeah, he's hot.

Westin Casuarina: Some family members stayed over at The Westin. The room was nice and beds were comfy. Sort of small but effective.

Mirage: I had a couple more friends stay at the Mirage. I thought the rooms were alright. Nice but nothing that spoiled me like Bellagio. Ugh... I'm becoming a snob!

[​IMG]

GAMING:

This was a VERY BAD gaming trip for me. I was never ahead at any point on any day. I played a mixed assortment of games including Roulette, 3 Card Poker, WPT Poker Table Game (new I think), 3/6 Limit, 1/2 NL, $115 Buy-In Tourney

Poker: I couldn't win against fish. The river ALWAYS killed me even when I was trying to be aggressive with a probable top hand.

In 1/2 NL, I had a straight from the flop and decided to be aggressive and go all in to get people out. That was my first time EVER playing a NL ring game so my skill and knowledge were rather limited. This dude who called got had suited hole cards (Low Value) with only one of his suits showing up on the flop. Well.... the last two cards finished his flush and BOOM, I was outta that game so fast. I honestly felt like punching the dude out for calling me in the first place but got over that quickly.

Slots: I just CAN'T WIN. BUT I LOVE WOF!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at that progressive!

Table Games: I just CAN'T WIN! Money goes away SO fast, it's sad :(.

The Wynn: Now, I LOVE that place! I went to the buffet with my whole family that were there. Nearly ALL of us, who was there for the first time, got Red Cards and WON with our bonuses. Awesomeness! Thank you Wynn, you gave us a real WYNNING time! (HA!)

Oh and my ex called me a "LOOZAH" because of my pretty bad losses! I lost at least $1500. =(

FOODIES:

Sidewalk Cafe: It was the first place I went to when I arrived. Ate there with friends and had the Pastrami Sandwich. It was probably one of the BEST Pastrami Sandwiches I've EVER had! The bread was delicious and the fries were surprisingly tasty.

Palace Station Buffet: It was definitely worth the $6.99 it cost. The fried chicken was good. They had this cake that was so incredibly moist I had to have 3. Yes, it was THAT good.

Bellagio Room Service: The bad news was that I was not able to go to BLT Burger like I wanted to due to time constraints and other conflicting plans. The good news is that the food from Bellagio Room Service was SO DAMN GOOD. The burger was huge and tasty... the bread was a little hard but I think that's because it was some sort of cheese bread. The Tiramisu... OH MAN... the best I've ever had. It was HUGE! It was in a white chocolate cup mold with caramel and vanilla syrup around it. It was so decadent and luxurious... almost to the point where it was too pretty to eat. Stupid me didn't think of taking pictures of it because I was so hungry, oh well. My roomie had some pasta dish I didn't really care about. We shared the dessert.

Chinatown: My friend suggested we go to a restaurant called Sam Woo's. The food was decent but nothing like the food we have up in the Bay Area.

Wynn Buffet: Now this was extravagance at it's best! This particular trip included my entire family that went on the trip. Incidentally, none of us has ever been to the Wynn; thus, none of us had a RED Card. We decided to exploit their 2 Buffets for 150 Points offer by doing the Roulette Machines. Suffice it to say, it WORKED and we each got a buffet for about $15/person. The whole scene was rather funny actually. Here we are, 14 people all on the roulette machines for one reason and one reason only. There was a long wait in line so we had my cousins place hold. It took us a good 10 minutes to finish up so my cousins already progressed in the line a little bit. Think of several people "cutting" in line all at once. Yeah, my family has no shame.

[​IMG]

All other Foodies experiences are things I can't remember for the time being so they must have not been that good :).

ENTERTAINMENT:

I did not see any shows unfortunately. The Bellagio Fountains were the closest I had to a show. Friends saw Love while I was hangin out with Family at Wynn. I already saw Love and even though I absolutely LOVED it, I couldn't justify paying over $100 to see it again. Then again, my losses in gambling aren't exactly helping my cause/reasoning for not seeing it, but oh well. Life is illogical! :)

I walked the strip on the first night with my cousins and had a blast. It was SUPER HOT but a lot of fun. We encountered a lot of unsavory people but that just added to the interesting sights seen.

My friend from Boston is actually my friend back from school. This was sort of our graduation celebration, albeit late. He's actually my ex but we ended on good terms. To be honest, sharing the Bellagio room with him was quite a flashback to the times we had together and I really miss those times. Suffice it to say, we had a lot of fun in that hotel room and I won't get detailed about it. :) We're pretty masculine guys so we kept it all pretty discrete... or it wasn't obvious to others. Anyway, even though I missed our times, it's a rule of mine to never get back together with someone I broke up with. It never works.

I'm not much of a drinker/clubber but I went with my friends to a place called mist. I only went to accompany my friend with no game. It's really cute how he tries to get girls but oh well. So being that I like dudes, I'm not really shy about talking to girls. I am with other guys though. So I stared flirting with this girl and bought her a drink. She was really pretty and I thought that she'd be a good match for my friend. So after breaking the ice with her, I introduced her to my buddy. Now he's a really hot guy (IMO) but it's just his game. Anyway, I slowly transitioned myself out of the interactions. I left on my own because I wasn't really digging the place. I don't mean to bash the venue it's just that I'm not a fan I guess. I don't really know what happened with my buddy and that girl. I'll ask tomorrow.

Anyway, please enjoy the pictures I took of the scenes! Also the video!

VIDEO: Vegas Speed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please Check out the Rest of the Videos and Pictures HERE!

2. momasidechick1

momasidechick1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Really really great pictures and good trip report.... thanks for all.

:cry: just can't hardly wait til November:wave::wave:

3. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and pics!:peace:

4. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    great report...stinks about your losses...but at least you lost it in vegas!!! :beer::beer::beer:

5. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the TR. Sorry the gambling didn't go well.

GVJ

6. alicia

alicia Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved your video!!!!! It was awesome! :thumbsup:

7. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BLUE!

I've been waiting to comment because I wanted the update.

1st> Very nice photos and video! Great trip report too.

2nd> How'd your buddy make out with the girl you hooked him up with? If it worked out, I'm so hiring you to be my wingman....

8. sin

sin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your vid and pics ROCKS!

Sorry you had a losing trip in the money department. Sounds like you had much better success in the roommate department at least!:thumbsup:

9. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and pics....that WOF machine is pure concentrated EVIL...so addictive....and don't worry, I just got back and was even more of a LOOZAH than you were :peace:

10. VPmiracle

VPmiracle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed the pics and the report. That video was cool.
    Made the stoplights in Vegas not seem so bad.

11. ssfblue

ssfblue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your comments everyone! Greatly appreciated!

Sorry it's takin me so long to reply. I've been away from a computer for a few days and only have had my phone to check out the posts (It's too complicated to post from a phone unfortunately).

As for my bud with the girl, apparently they hit it off pretty well. He doesn't talk about "getting lucky" but it turns out they hung out the day after. He didn't sound like he was going to keep in touch with her but that's probably expected being that she's from the midwest and distance is an issue.

And yeah man, I'd be your wingman... though it's surprising you would need one considering that your both a man in uniform and pretty good looking. Haha, don't worry, I ain't hitting on ya. Being that I am shy around other dudes, perhaps you can be my wingman with the shipmen? HAHA! That would be the ultimate double something (I can't remember the word right now)

12. Leeza14

Leeza14 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR and pics -- loved the one of the Strip from what I"m guessing was the Eiffel Tower -- beautiful! :thumbsup:

13. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We'll talk offline.....

14. IcyVegasAgain

IcyVegasAgain Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR! Sounds like a fun trip. I have always wanted to try the WOF machines, but never seem to have the time. Maybe next year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.