1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Your 'Lady Luck' stories?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jamesxnj, May 4, 2020.

1. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I thought it was about luck with the ladies.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. snoopydogj

snoopydogj Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We’re you on the same machine or playing the same game all that time???

3. progrocker2112

progrocker2112 Watch out for this guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got a trip report on it but basically my best trip ever was decided on a Monday or Tuesday that I'd go to Vegas that Friday for a friend's fathers 3rd or 4th marriage. The first night I got dealt trip 4s that turned into quads at Let it Ride at TI for 1500 then the next I got a dealt royal on ten handed quarter VP. Didn't gamble much after than but had a helluva time before I left on Monday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  4. PSM

PSM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was staying at Excalibur with my uncle on one of my earliest trips. We got there on a Wednesday and by end of Wednesday I was up $60. Nothing huge but a big deal since I was young and had a tiny gambling budget for almost a week.

Early Thursday morning (our first full day) we headed straight down to the poker tables so I could play at one for my first time ever. Turns out they only had a single empty seat, so I told him to take it since I didn’t want to play alone my first time.

I walked over to the bar nearby for a morning pick me up and (at the time) some 9/6 DDB, pretty much the only game I knew how to play. Just a few hands in I hit Aces with a kicker for $500. At the time and considering my budget, this was a huge amount of money.

I continued to have luck every day of the trip, no more big hits like that but rarely ended a day down at all. So I was able to set aside that $500 and pay for the entire trip with it (flights, hotel, food) and just use my dedicated gambling money for playing, much of which I came home with.

Who knows how that trip would have gone if I took the one poker seat or there had been more of them. Lady Luck smiled on me that trip.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vegasvette

vegasvette High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 15 years ago, I had a run that lasted about 12 hours. Unfortunately, I slept about 7 of those hours since it was the last night in Vegas. It all started as I was heading upstairs to bed. I decided to put a $20 into a $5 reel slot and play four times. On my last pull, I was dealt a goofy looking symbol, a blue 7 and another goofy looking symbol. I looked at the pay table, and the symbol paid two coins for one and five coins for two, so I thought it was something along the lines of cherries on the old reel machines. I figured I won $25 and would be happy with a $5 win. To my surprise the counter kept going after reaching 5, and didn't stop until it reached 180. The goofy symbols were 3 times wild. Two of them meant 9 times wild, and the blue 7 paid 20 credits. I took my TITO for $900 up to the room and slept with a smile on my face, I'm sure.

The next morning, my last in Vegas, I bought in for $300 at a $25 BJ table and played one on one with a dealer. Had I known what was going to happen, I would have counted. I quit on the first hand I lost. Over the next 15 hands or so that I played, I never lost or pushed a hand. I cashed out $1500 in that short period. My entire bankroll for a 5 day trip was $3000, and I won $2100 in the last 12 hours. It was a very successful trip.

• Like Like x 7
  6. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My best gambling luck story is turning $500 into well over $50,000 in a day and a half playing video poker.

I was parlaying, but not using “strict rules of parlay” (@). You can’t win a lot more, if you don’t press. Keep moving up in denominations.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. Vegas28m

Vegas28m Medium Roller, Chicago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    first 3 jackpots same machine then moved down 2 machines for the next few. I always play DDB. it was unbelievable!

8. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry my rating was supposed to be WOW not funny! But wow what a nice run you had !!

9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what happened to me when I got my only (as in most definitely singular and most likely for some time) RF on a dollar machine at Sams Town.

I started out on nickel machines and did very well. I switched to quarters and had a few good hits. It was late and I just figured WTF, I went to dollars and planned to either lose it or double it and then quit, and WHAMMO! I really don't think of this as a Lady Luck story, more like an "it's about time" story.

• Like Like x 4
  10. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was around the year 2000 and was the first trip to Vegas for the wife and I. I researched a good steak dinner and we wondered into The steakhouse in Circus Circus. I had to use the men's room before dinner and when I walked out I could see my wife was blushing and smiling from ear to ear. I thought to myself "holy shit, she hit the jackpot" when I got to her she showed me a tito for $35. :rolleyes: She is not a gambler so was very ecstatic turning a quarter into $35. :haha:

On a different trip it was our last morning and I think we had about 1 hour before we had to leave for the airport. She was finishing getting ready and I headed down for a last minute Let it Ride session. I wasn't there long and was dealt three 9s, dealer flips their 1st card over and it was a 9. I got excited and dealer says "you need one more" and I said "nope, got them all!" She reach over the table and grabbed my cards, pushing down unto the table and yelled over to the pit boss and said something like, got a winner here. If I remember right it payed a little less then 1k but was enough covered my trip.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve had a few periodically. The most recent was at Paris. I had gone with best friend & family to photograph after youngest sons wedding.

I wasn’t really having a lot of luck & decided to head back to Bally’s from Paris late one night and just not lose anymore. I normally stay @ Paris however my offer for Celine tix to surprise my friend couldn’t be used there.

I stopped at the High Roller area & tossed the last twenty for night in a machine. 2nd spin @ $5 I got this. 2DA7C21F-2300-4D41-A647-4E4A30C39F4A.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 2
  12. mep57

mep57 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in the day, while stationed at Lake Tahoe, I spent a week-end at the MGM Grand Reno. I want to play one big hand of blackjack before leaving to go back up the mountain. Now a $100 was a lot of money to a kid like me in the 70's, but I made the bet. Sure enough, I got two aces and was barely able to scrap up another $100 to cover the split. Sweating and praying to break even, I was dealt to low cards and knew all was lost. I snapped out of my trance when the dealer stated "Relax kid, I busted".

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :) I was ON the local 8 news last year!

I had tickets to go see the LV Balloon Fest with my local friends.
    Alas, due to high winds, it was canceled one day before, and the news spread.

I got checked into Orleans, and while in my room, was contacted by the local 8 news to do a story on it. Reporter and camera person picked me up, took me offsite and recorded a click for the 11new that evening. I told everyone, and I think I posted the W2G here, maybe not.

After watching the clip, I went to my fav bank of .50 VP near the Alligator bar, and drew the Ace's w/kicker for $2k! (I was playing Triple DB vs DDB) ANd I did NOT have my phone w/me, so could only take a photo of the W2G.

So, this was sorta a timing thing, cause I would not have been playing at that particular time, at those machines, if not for staying up in room and waiting for the news.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  15. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was the latter 90's and my roommate and I drove up to Vegas from Santa Monica.

We stayed where the Venetian is now. Some one level-strip mall looking motel with dead moths in the bathtub and some bodily fluids caked on the box springs.

We weren't doing too well gambling and decided to stay one last night if we hit a basketball parlay. We did know we weren't staying at the motel any longer, regardless.

I don't remember what the three college basketball games were in that parlay, but I do remember the last game was Loyola Marymount +28 at home vs somebody. Maybe Pepperdine. Marymount was horrendous, but those kids showed heart the night and only got pounded by 22.

We stepped up our accommodations and booked a room at the Motel 6 on Tropicana across from the MGM. Didn't check in until around 10 when we cashed in our tickets at the Sports Book.

Got in and I had to drop a deuce. I did and it probably felt pretty good. What didn't feel good was the helplessness that followed when the toilet bowl wouldn't flush. There was no way I was allowing that to float around in there overnight while we were out, so I took the back of the device off.

There, floating in a ziplock bag, was $500.

I took it out, counted it and yelled out to my buddy, "Cary, I found a hundred bucks in the crapper!" We split it up, so he had an extra $50 & I had $450. He still doesn't know.

I think we got rolled at the Mandalay Bay & came back to the room around 3 AM.

My brother was a vice cop and he was telling me that night that he assumed the money was from a 'tute who was hiding it from a pimp.

4 AM comes around and the phone rings. Cary answers and calls whoever was on the line a "assf_ck" and I proceed to tell him that might not have been too smart.

We jump out of our beds, throw the toothbrushes in the duffel bag and I drive home.

We lived.

Lady Luck.

Have a great Sunday, y'all.

• Love Love x 6
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And the rest of the story? :D

17. vegas superfan

vegas superfan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I misunderstood this to be about the hotel and now I cannot figure out how to remove the photos!

Anyway, I stayed here one time in 2005. Here's what the room looked like.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. MGinCO

MGinCO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dream on, Booker! LOL

• Love Love x 1
  19. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never stayed at Lady Luck but those pictures immediately gave me flashbacks of the Imperial Palace rooms for some strange reason.

20. Mommaof3babes

Mommaof3babes Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A week ago at Ballys. Hubby and I were down gambling and we came across the dancing drums and the mini was 48.xx so we sat down. I got the bonus quickly and the pot closed. I hit the major and told hubby wouldn't it be funny if it was a hand pay.. it was on .88

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2