1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

You must read my trip report because....

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LucyR., Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My trip report - March 3rd til 7th, 2013

I flew Southwest and it was a great flight.

Took shuttle to Flamingo Hotel. I wasn't charged the $18. per day resort fee.
    I had booked before March 1st. so I didn't have to pay the resort fee.

The resort fee will be mandatory. It comes to approx. $20. with taxes. This is what you get: Free local phone calls not longer than 20min. each. Free Wi-Fi in your hotel room. You can only use one device at a time. You can use their Fitness Center.

I asked if they will provide free printed boarding passes, or bathrobes to use in the room. They said, "NO". Maybe they will change their minds.

The maids told me that they used to provide coffee makers will all the fixins but they cut it out. There was no refrigerator in the room.

They also told me there is a lot of pressure on them to work faster and do a better job of cleaning the rooms.

The Bell-man who took my luggage told me they are starting to fix up the hotel to make it look better.

None of the maids or Bell Desk people have been informed of the resort fees and the firing of people who are not doing a good job.

A housekeeper maid told me that a woman got shot dead by her man on the 24th floor during Sunday night. BUT IT WAS KEPT A SECRET FROM THE PUBLIC.
    -
    I chose the convenience of using the room WI-FI for $13.99 fee for the use of 24 hours. It was perfect for me. I was charged $1.25 for one local phone call.
    Since I didn't have to pay the resort fee it was okay with me.

Part 1 - of my trip report. Lucy

2. blackjacker2

blackjacker2 Never ever play 6:5, it is not blackjack

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, very useful information, as I am staying at the flamingo in a few days

3. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PART 2 of my trip report LucyR.

Hey Candy Apple, there wasn't any noise or dust from THE QUAD HOTEL that used to be named Imperial Palace. They have the first floor with new machines
    and game tables. I was on the 10th floor at the Flamingo facing the strip.

The CATALYST BAR at THE QUAD was a lot of fun to hang out at late at night. I loved the singing from the impersonators. It was free. I hung out there a couple of times. They also have a Liquor store in the same area.

HASH HOUSE A GO GO is still located in the old section of the Imperial Palace.
    I ate a late breakfast one night. Another afternoon I had their famous blue berry pecan pancake. Then one late night I had the Corned beef Hash breakfast.
    That dish was greasy. BUT.... I like to watch people's reaction when they get
    their super large plates of foods.lol.

Some of you love that restaurant. It is now open 24hours. Wendy the hostess told me that it gets real crowded for breakfast. Here is their phone number so
    you can make a reservation 702-254-4646. You will get in first if you have a reservation.

I plan to go eat there on off hours so I can take my time and enjoy eating whatever I want. I will be returning to Vegas on March 31. I will be staying at the Paris Hotel. LucyR.

4. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought if I read your report I'd get a prize or something....:poke: lol! Just kidding, Lucy.

Thanks for sharing the info on the Flamingo. Hope you enjoyed your trip!

5. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    PART 3 - of my trip report LucyR.

AMERICAN IDOL SHOW located at the Mirage Hotel.

I got a Voucher on-line before I got to Vegas. I found out that it was NOT A TICKET. I was supposed to go get the ticket at noon time in advance at the Mirage but WE WHO signed up on-line were never told that our vouchers were useless. A lot of people got angry.

I started asking people if they had an extra ticket but they didn't.

I then went towards the Love theater and I saw Mr. Nigel Lithglow sp. I got real happy when I saw him. He friends told him to turn around and talk to me so he called me Juliet and I said he was Romeo because he was at a table that had a wall higher up where I had to look up to him. WE talked for awhile while his
    friends were happy that Nigel met one of his fans.

I was dressed really cutsy in a red outfit with a small red hat with feathers.

When I got to the Love theater an American Idol worker gave me a ticket.
    I hugged him and ran into the theater. It was fun watching the show. LucyR.

6. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Final part of my trip report. LucyR.

I decided to get an Mlife member card at the Mirage and I told the man the news of the resort fees at the CET properties. He didn't know the news. He was
    super surprised. He liked getting the news.

He said the Mirage charges a $25. resort fee. I told him that now I plan to stay at the Mirage. He said sometimes the hotel rates can go as low as $29.00 per night. It will be affordable for me if I book when they have their low rates.

The FLAMINGO HABITAT NEWS - The Calif. Law Student will be going back to
    Vegas to face charges for killing that bird at the Flamingo Habitat on APRIL 23RD. I heard the news from one of the workers who works feeding and caring for the habitat birds and fish. She said she was one of the first ones to run after
    that student that killed the bird and had the head on his hands. Several workers grabbed him until the police showed up.
    One of the charges against the student will be that he killed a bird that was the property of the Flamingo Hotel. Plus, there will be other charges against him.
    I hope the court case is made public.

I spent my final day hanging out at the Flamingo and taking my senior nap.lol.
    I go really tired from walking every day long walks to different hotels. LucyR.

7. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, I am curious on folks watching American Idol. I know there are many teenagers attracted to the show. Was there a lot of teenagers there and were they staying at the hotel?

8. shawn s

shawn s Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing, Lucy. I do hope you give a review of your stay at Paris as we will be staying there at the end of May.

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some questions

Thanks for writing, Lucy.

It sounds like the tickets to American Idol were free...is that true?

Do you know exactly what type of room you had at Flamingo - Go Deluxe? Fab Luxury?

Was the weather comfortable?

Could you see construction going on at Bill's?

10. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    American Idol tickets are free because....

The show was taped and the producers can seat you anywhere they like.

HawJohn, In Vegas they didn't care where the teenagers sat. But in Hollywood you will notice lots of teenagers in the front seats. They are chosen to sit in the front. People with signs are also chosen to sit near the front too.
    The Mirage Hotel just had mostly people who were in Vegas for a conference.

The true American Idol fans were not really in the audience on Tuesday night.
    We true fans were turned away because our on-line vouchers were not the real
    tickets. BUT SOME of us were allowed to get in anyway. There were lots of
    empty seats.

Look at the difference of the theater located in Hollywood. You can see the teenagers on Thursday night show from Hollywood. LucyR.

11. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Flamingo Hotel

Hi Candy Apple, I stayed in a handicapped room. The room had the wooden floors and two queen beds and I could see the workers working at the QUAD.
    I talked with one of their workers and he said they work day and night and try
    to be real quiet and not create a lot of dust.
    BUT.... when the strong winds show up it comes from all over the Strip. I chose to stay inside my hotel on those times.

My room was located near the Habitat elevators which I like. I liked my room and I had fun talking with the cleaning ladies everyday.

My cleaning lady told me that the Japanese hide their envelope tips under their pillows. The reason being is they know that the cleaning lady will be the only one cleaning their beds. I do the same thing too because once I leave any worker with a key to my room can take the tip.

The maid also told me that sometimes people write something nice on the tip envelope but it is empty. I told her it could be that one of the friends staying at the room steals the tip from the envelope when the tipper is not looking.

I have had the experience of leaving a tip at a restaurant and my date will take part of the tip and put it in their pocket. I dump those losers. I only date men who have money but happen to be cheap-skates when it comes to tipping.

I am now in the habit of paying cash for my meals at restaurants and I include my tip when I pay the bill. I have seen people take the tips from other people's tables.

I saw part of the Ferris Wheel being built from my hotel lobby area near the elevators on the 10th floor. It is like "WOW". I just saw the super large steel
    stem from the window.

Bill's Saloon is EMPTY with NO WORK being done inside or outside. It is like a ghost building. The place must be haunted by old memories. LucyR.

12. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas weather

It was real windy on Sunday, March 3rd but the temps were nice.

On Tues and Weds it was nice and warm day and cool at night but not cold.

On Thursday, the weather got cooler but it was still really nice and sunny day.

When I arrived at the Southwest airport I had on my carpel tunnel hand guards.
    I was going to print my boarding pass when all of a sudden a Southwest employee showed up and told me he was getting me a wheel-chair and take me to the front of the line. I was surprised to get sudden help which I really needed.

He passed me over to an Elvis impersonator who worked for Southwest helping the handicapped people. Elvis sang for me through out the way to my boarding gate.lol. I gave him a nice tip. The service was great.

Now that I am an older senior and my body hurts a lot when I walk too much around Vegas..... I need all the help I can get from hotel and airline workers.
    I make sure to carry lots of tip money. LucyR.

13. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The food at the Flamingo Hotel

I am not a big eater. I like to eat small meals at a time.

THE FOOD COURT - Johnny Rockets has good foods. The Italian place has lousy
    food eventhough it looks real pretty when you look at it. I bought me a calizone sp. It had some kind of strange cheese that was tastless, tiny pieces of sausage,
    no sauce inside the calizone sp. They gave me a tiny container of sauce to put on the calizone. DON'T BUY THEIR FOOD.

The Chinese food place didn't look like they had good food either.

I didn't try the Sandwich shop either.

There is a Pizza place located near the Habitat area. It looks good but I don't
    eat pizza because it is too salty for me.

Their Coffee Shop Restaurant has strange hours so I never ate there.

The BUFFET had a long line for breakfast. So I went to another place that has breakfast take-out foods. I bought me a bagel with egg, cheese and bacon. It was just okay. No big deal.

I have learned to find take-out foods from other hotels and take it back to my room.
    I will be staying at the Flamingo again on May 14th. I do like the hotel rooms.
    I love going to the Habitat and looking at the birds and fish every morning.

Watch out for the "Sales people" standing near the Habitat elevators. They act real friendly and try to sell you a time share." I totally dislike them because they block the path to get out of the area. LucyR.

14. Tree DA

Tree DA High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, thank you for the feed back on the teenagers at the American Idol show and posting about your trip. HAWJOHN

16. Bloomview

Bloomview Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lucy, sounds like you have a knack for finding out inside info from talking to employees and such. Very nice skill! Glad you had a good trip and look forward to hearing about your May trip. Thanks.

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report Lucy!! Lots of insider info!! Good job.

18. floridavegas

floridavegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report Lucy!!! These cost cutting measures are just crazy... last time we stayed at The Flamingo - I nicely asked for some conditioner as we had some the last time we stayed (I forgot to pack mine) the maid told us that she did not have any - sighed and said "cost cutting measures... they took it away, said that the shampoo is conditioning".

It's the little things - if they are going to charge a resort fee - I'm hoping they pick - it up... atleast at Monte Carlo we had K-Cup coffee - conditioner & shampoo in the room... ;)

19. Crazycrue

Crazycrue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Lucy:

Great tip report lots of great information. Did you get any time to gamble and what do you play?

20. LucyR.

LucyR. VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gambling addiction runs in my family

My whole family members are gambling addicts since the early 1800's when
    an great-great-great uncle got shot dead while playing cards at a saloon.
    My mom was 7yrs.old and she put money that was supposed to be to buy veggies into a slot machine. She told her mom she lost the money but a witness told her mom that she had put it in the slot machine.

My old mom is now 92yrs.old and my addict sister is taking her gambling in
    the Palm Spring area near L.A. My sister stays up until 2a.m. gambling.

I BELIEVE I was born with that DNA GENE of becoming a gambling addict so I avoid the slot machines.lol.

I go to Vegas for the entertainment of Vegas. I love music and dancing and singing and meeting lots of people. I love the beauty of the night lights and the
    beautiful hotels. I love to shop or just be a looky loo at beautiful things for sale.
    I walk all over Vegas until my body hurts. I like to eat at different places that look like fun goodies to eat. I fly for free since I have lots of Southwest points.

I notice that lots of people are not gambling because I see lots of empy gambling tables and slot machines.
    I think Vegas is becoming like Hollywood with all the excitement of seeing famous entertainers at the shows. People are paying lots of money to see the shows. I see it as the Disneyland for adults. I also see lots of families walking around together in Vegas.

I have fun traveling and I also plan to go on cruise ships more often this year.
    I have a boring senior life at home so I travel for excitement.lol. LucyR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.