1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games Wynncore Fans: What Effect Will the New Craps Policy Have on Your Behavior

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by thecarve, Jul 21, 2015.

?

What effect will the new Wynncore policy have on you?

1. Doesn't affect me - I don't play craps

23 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Doesn't affect me - I don't/can't afford to take more than 2X odds anyway

7 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. I don't like it, but I'll still play craps at Wynncore

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. I won't play craps at Wynncore while this policy exists

35 vote(s)
    31.5%
  5. I won't gamble at Wynncore while this policy exists

27 vote(s)
    24.3%
  6. I won't set foot in either property while this policy exists

14 vote(s)
    12.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously, anyone who visits this board even a little has read about the new (2X odds for all but the HL room tables) Wynncore craps policy by now. So, what effect will it have on you?

Please don't vote if you don't care for Wynncore and have no desire to ever visit the properties anyway. I just want to see what effect THIS NEW POLICY will have on VMBers.

Also, let's make the following assumptions for the sake of this poll:

1. Competing properties will NOT follow suit
    2. Wynncore will NOT soften its stance and make exceptions for anyone but whales
    3. This policy does not portend other negative changes (poorer VP paytables, higher proportion of 6:5 BJ tables, reduced maintenance/cleaning)

2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, I voted for "I won't play craps at Wynncore". Fortunately for me, craps only represents 10-15% of my bankroll/time spent. So this won't affect me too much. I'll still eat, drink, stay and play other games there, provided this doesn't mean other new (negative) policies are on the way. But I will definitely get my dice fix elsewhere.

I guess I'll view it like I do 6:5 blackjack. I won't play it but it won't stop me from enjoying the other amenities/decent games a property has to offer.

3. bball4458

bball4458 Guest

delete

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't sound silly at all. If Wynncore suddenly adopted LVS blackjack rules and CET VP paytables, I'd be looking for a new home immediately and I'm one of the biggest Wynncore cheerleaders on the board.

5. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to accept an offer from a host to try the Wynncore, since Packer raved about it, and I like the XS nightclub. But now, I won't, and I am contemplating whether or not to let him know WHY I won't come to the Wynn. I don't want to come across as an asshole, since the host had no say in the decision to go to double odds.

6. hail2skins

hail2skins VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty much a low-roller and exclusively gamble downtown, and in craps usually start with single odds on $5 tables and then bump up my odds gradually as numbers hit. So I never really play on the Strip, but have been a big fan of Steve Wynn for a while and greatly anticipated the openings of Bellagio and Wynn/Encore and stayed at Beau Rivage the year it opened. I stayed at Encore for a night last month and we really enjoyed the property without gambling.

Having said that, the recent switch to double-odds max just tarnishes the lustre of the whole place for me. Its sort of like when I heard Venetian and Palazzo were making all blackjack on their main floors 6/5. Just leaves a bitter taste and gives me pause at setting foot in the place, even as a respite from gambling when I just want to chill and walk around a nice place.

7. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't really effect me since it sounds like the high limit game is not impacted, but I am choosing not to play craps there until it changes. Glad I got in some play at the main pit tables right before the change

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  8. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won't give them $1(Mortimer) for anything on the property on general principles. screw him...feel bad for the dealers

9. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never set foot in there, but have gotten 3 offers in the mail this year and was considering trying them instead of Cosmo
    (who I'm also done with)

now I'll never know what WynnCore is like until they fix their rectal/cranial inversion

10. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll still play other games there, but no craps..wife and I like the property so I'll just lay off the craps at Wynncore

11. Gargamel

Gargamel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will happily sleep, eat and play other games there. Just not Craps. But next trip, probably December, will be mid-strip. Never stayed at Cosmo or Aria.

12. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think you'd come off as an asshole. Hell, the host almost certainly dislikes the new policy. Any ammo he can get to help bring about a change would probably be appreciated. (If not by him, then at least by the rest of us!)

Mods: can someone please correct the glaring spelling error in (behavior) the title of this thread? My skin crawls having to see it. :eek:. TIA!

Edit to add: thanks for the spelling fix, Tringlomane! :beer:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  13. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It does not affect me and i love the property. But i thought the high limit table was affected also? I could be wrong though.

14. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a craps player, but I used to be a pretty regular Wynncore guest until Steve decided not to comp drinks for bar-top VP players anymore. I wasn't gonna pay $14 for an 8oz Jack & Coke while shoving hundys in the machine! Damn... I sound like a Boyd enthusiast... next I'll be taking the bus! I left and headed for the greener pastures of the Hard Rock. I still think Wynn runs a first-class property, but he makes some head-scratching moves... he thinks he's an industry leader and you'll never convince him otherwise..

15. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I read in a post somewhere that the 3x4x5x odds was still available at the high limit table. But I could easily be wrong as well

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  16. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are correct. one table at 3,4,5x in the high limit. UNLESS it is reserved for a High Roller.. In that case, no 3,4,5x to be found.

17. MMMMickey

MMMMickey Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New poll: What Was Mr. Wynn Thinking?

1. He wants to sell,.and he thinks this will pump up the share price
    2. He has an understanding with Sands, MGM, and/or CET that they will also lower their odds, possibly waiting a month or two so it doesn't look like illegal price-fixing
    3. Somebody won $300K and he's superstitious
    4. Dice Influencers have beaten him once too often

18. tommycanuck

tommycanuck Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wondering if anyone asked if they also changed their policy regarding the rating of odds bets. Wynn is one of the few properties that does this so I guess the question is if a high craps roller like Packer etc. is better off with being rated at 2x odds or moving to one of the other strip properties with better odds but not rated.

19. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do not play pass/come bets. I usually bet across the board and place the point, unless I am shooting and have to play the pass line. So it does not affect my game that much but I generally avoid places that have 2x odds. An example is I like playing at MSS (20x odds) and I avoid the California its sister property which only has 2x.

20. Jaygee77

Jaygee77 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those that have indicated they will still gamble at Wynncore, but no longer play craps... Isn't that a possibly intended side effect of this change? If they can steer you to a game with a higher house edge, under the same roof, it sounds like a win for them.

Full disclosure, I'm one of the three current votes for "Can't afford more than 2x odds"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.