1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn vs. Encore Tower Suite

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ATLchris, Feb 26, 2021.

?

Wynn or Encore?

1. Wynn Tower Suite King

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Encore Tower Suite King

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Wynn for the first time in May. Definitely going to stay in the Tower Suites, but I can't decide between the Wynn Tower Suite King, or the Encore Tower Suite King. I know that the Encore tower is a bit newer than Wynn, and I personally like the decor and floor plan of the Encore suite a little better. I'm hoping others can shed some light on the pros and cons of each tower, and why they prefer one over the other. Thanks!

**This is pending that Encore has reopened full time by May.**

2. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I chose the Wynn Tower Suite. However I chose that with one major qualification. I love the Wynn TS pool and, IMHO, it is far superior to that of the Encore. One of the major reasons that I stay in the Wynn Tower Suites is because of their incredible pool area. Also, the Wynn Tower Suites lobby is truly a sight to behold. The Encore’s TS lobby is much smaller. However, I really like the decor of the Encore’s Tower Suites. The Wynn Tower Suites are very nice but the cream colored decor is rather bland. In a perfect world I would switch out the Wynn Tower Suites with those from the Encore.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Vegas, it's not about when it was built... It's about when it was refreshed.

Wynn was fully refreshed not long ago, while Encore only had a soft-refurb.

Within Tower Suites, I'd go for Wynn. Their TS area is a lot more detailed, with a larger sitting area (a great bar) and more staff to handle any issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Mike! So to be clear, there is a separate TS pool for Wynn and Encore? I was under the impression that there is only one TS pool, shared by TS guests of both towers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are correct about that. From what I have heard the pool over at Encore is for all their guests and I assume that Encore TS guests can use the Wynn TS pool. (I could be totally wrong about all of this...lol...but that is my impression)

What I really dig about the Wynn Tower Suites, if you get a golf course view, is that you can look straight down at the pool to check out the lounger and umbrella situation.

7DDF3D1A-2711-4960-964D-83F1A4756167.jpeg

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome! Thanks for the info :woohoo:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul K

Paul K VIP

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Encore TS guests can use the Wynn TS pool.
    While yes, the Wynn TS lobby is nicer, the Encore TS area is more intimate and the floorplates are smaller so it feels like a boutique hotel in some ways. You'll rarely share an elevator unless it is busy for instance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rest of the view is pretty nice as well.

9F77DE7B-D0C9-428D-B052-B80B0D8CC072.jpeg

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Encore Tower Suites guests can use the TS pool on the Wynn side.

I love both properties and have very much enjoyed my stays in Wynn, where I've had to stay as with my long trips it would have otherwise required moving as Encore is still closed from Monday at noon until Thursday at 2 pm.

I like the intimacy of Encore and the Encore rooms marginally better and I absolutely love what feels like a more chill vibe at the Encore pool, which is large. But mostly, I prefer the size and decor of the the Encore spa. That matters less now as the communal and water treatment areas are closed.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Having stayed in both, I would say that I prefer the Encore TS King to the Wynn TS King because I like the Encore base level room layout better. I also like that the Encore showers have handheld sprayers in addition to the shower head but the Wynn King room showers do not. I prefer the location of the Wynn TS Because you can walk right out of the lobby to the pool and also because there are more restaurants, etc on the Wynn side. That being said, the parlor and salon suites on the Encore side are a little newer and nicer in my opinion and also a little larger than their Wynn TS counterparts. Overall I love both Wynn and Encore TS And don’t really think you can go wrong. As Flowers mentioned, the Encore Spa is a nicer and larger spa than the Wynn side. I prefer the Wynn side pools. I don’t really think you can go wrong with either unless walking bothers you, because when you stay on the Encore side you will almost certainly find yourself walking to the Wynn side quite a bit even if you stay on the Wynncore property for your whole stay. When I stay in the Wynn side, I find myself going to the Encore side less than Vice versa. Also, Wynn is already at the north end of the strip, so if you find yourself to be person who spends a lot of time visiting other properties on the strip by foot, you’ll save yourself a decent amount of walking by staying on the Wynn side. My personal suggestion would be to book one for this trip and the other one for the next trip, and then decide which you prefer.

Cosmo-NFR Week
    Adding a couple days to the trip.
    • Like Like x 3
  11. ATLchris

ATLchris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s funny you mentioned the layout, as the layout of the Encore suite was actually what I found most appealing over the Wynn suite. Something about the dividing wall makes it feel a bit more like a suite, as opposed to just a large room. Thanks for the insight!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100%. The Encore king in either the resort side or the TS version is my favorite “base level” room in Vegas. As someone else mentioned further up the post though, if the Encore room was on the Wynn TS side it would be unbeatable.

Cosmo-NFR Week
    Adding a couple days to the trip.
    • Agree Agree x 1
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.