1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Wynn - now with more rewards?

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by frodogizmo, Sep 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had a great run :)

I spent ~400 on the game, and got 4 nights this summer, and have another 4 next summer.

Only have about 900 gems atm, unless we can cancel without penalty and rebook @ Level 4, lol.

Lemongrass Living
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10k in 90 days to earn, then you'd have 90 days to try to get level 3, then 10k in 90 days to maintain 2 is how its worded.

But who the heck knows because they have people at level one for a seemingly arbitrary month to start with, which is in some ways worse than putting everyone level 0 (unless they really want to book a buffet in the next 28 days and they become available in time)

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
  3. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One other thing I'm curious about. If you book a room now, you cannot even see the calendar until after your reservation. Does that mean that you will not be able to buy/book a buffet after you have reserved a room?

4. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wouldn't have thought so, as that's on a separate tab.

Probably just be a case of buying the buffet and having 'x days' to redeem it.

Lemongrass Living
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they ever get around to offering the buffets, I may end up taking one or more for my Nov trip just to burn gems and call it a day. It will depend on how the VIP earning goes, but I am not looking forward to trying to time out buying chips to hit and level and redeeming, and don't want to keep earning with that as the plan, and then get caught by the next wave of degradation.

That would be a mild disappointment as I am not actually wild on buffets, fancy or not. If they have a separate breakfast/brunch rate it would be better.

That is something for everyone to bear in mind based on the lessons of myvegas. Things will continue to get worse pricier and/or more limited. Plans are best made in the short-mid term and bookings should be locked in at the earliest opportunity.

6. TheNewUnion

TheNewUnion Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Am I right in thinking that you cannot even see the calendar until you hit the required level (i.e. Level 2)? I suppose I have have made my peace with the fact I will never earn enough VIP points to book a room without paying, so figured I would check the calendar then if dates available and affordable, buy the chips to get up to Level 2 and book it. Looks like that won't work, and I am not overly keen on dropping 80 quid on chips to open up the calendar only to find my dates are not available.

Feeling like all my time spinning in the free games has gone to waste, unless someone on VIP L2 is able so share the calendar. If I can get the room at what's effectively and 80 quid investment then I probably would. After that back to MyVegasSlots full time, I know that too has its problems but there is always something you can get something worth having for free so you don't feel as though your investment (time) is wasted

7. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if we all explain our distaste to Wynn slots via email they may make changes to make it better

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think a member at level 2 could post the calendars for the board. In fact I'd love to see that now.

May 3 - 5 Three nights at our Happy Place.
    Three nights at the Wynn. May 6 - 8.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was this sarcasm?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Bob1985

Bob1985 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 10,000 to maintain.
    My guess is you get 9 from gold chests, 30 from wheel, 18 from gold events, and 50 from platinum events at level 2 VIP.

You will get 90 days (once they fix it) to collect 10,000 points at VIP 2 so it's possible to maintain your current level using chests/wheel. You'd have 11,880 points if you collected every single one. And 12,600 if you did every single scratcher event.
    In total, 24,480. That means you only need to do about ~40% if you play every day.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rats! I missed my window to book for December because I got greedy. I have a little over 5k gems and was hoping to book 3 nights, instead of just 2 and now... now rooms are locked for me. :cry:

Oh well. I'll keep playing a little while longer to see how the new system works out for how I play. I'm willing to spend $100 to get $600 worth of rooms, but I'm not spending more time and money on a game that requires me to jump through a million hoops for a reward I can never reach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Geogran

Geogran mama owl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been slow playing and reached 4500 gems, not sure I’ll get further. Wish I’d read between the lines that things were changing, drat it...:( Fortunately I still get comp offers, but was hoping to redeem the gems I earned without spending money. Agree with @Sonya about continuing playing for awhile to see how things settle..

Pre Birthday me with DH and friends
    Wynn for my birthday
  13. grammins

grammins Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The app will die off now. I'm happy I booked nights in a few weeks, but they'll be no reason to ever play again. I'm level 72 and only a complete tool would spend the time required plus hundreds of dollars to get a few more nights starting off from my level.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. VegasFirstTimer

VegasFirstTimer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree it’s pointless to ply now but myVEGAS sucks too so what’s left for freebies?

15. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    kind of both........ lol

16. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was right at 2,000 gems; number needed for a day in November I was looking at. Shoulda been quicker on the decision tree. Hoping that I can score a buffet (I'll settle for lunch), and then probably get out.

17. pooh@NCSU

[email protected] Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's wrong with spending a 100 to get 4 free nights , including weekends

18. ffejry

ffejry #1 Bears Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and no resort fees! (unless thats changed?)

but i agree, $100 for 4 nights of rooms @ 150ish a night + resort fees ($200)........ so $100 vs $800. gimmie 100

19. grammins

grammins Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, spending $100 worth it for one stay, but once you're at higher level, it will cost WAY more time and money and be a complete waste of time if you plan on going again from the app.

20. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was considering booking for next year with my 5,723 gems but all the room prices for next year were very high so I didn't have enough gems. I'm level 64 but only VIP level 1 with 29 days to earn 2,500 points to maintain and 10,000 points to get to level 2. So I guess I'll have no choice other than to spend the money to book rooms because I'm not going to have all the time I invested in this game be for nothing.

How are some people starting out at VIP level 5 and others at 1? Have they posted any sort of criteria or is it essentially random at this point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.