1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Mirage and Bellagio Part 1

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by LVLady, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LVLady

    LVLady Tourist

    May 26, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Trips to Las Vegas:

    My Trip Report

    Well here it is, another trip has come and gone. Be warned, it is long and it is boring.

    We woke up at 4:30 am for our 7:00 am flight out of RSW. Got to the airport by 5:40 and got through security very quickly. Grabbed a cup of coffee and waited for our flight. Connection in Atlanta and no issues. Exit row seats all the way were perfect. We landed at McCarran at 11:15. Got the luggage and noticed the handle on my brand new bag was broken. It was a handle so they don’t do anything. Oh, well. We were at Dollar by 11:50 and got a convertible since they were out of mid size cars. We pulled into the South Valet at Wynn at 12:15. Went to check in and our room was ready!! SWEET

    Wynn was amazing. When I checked in, I mentioned it was our first time and getting my husband there was no easy task, since he is a Bellagio fan. The young lady behind the desk clicked a few buttons, found us a room and I asked if she happened to have one with two windows, maybe facing the strip…….She delivered!!! Room 52-067. We walked in and couldn’t believe it. The room is HUGE. I won’t bore you with all the details, but we had two floor to ceiling windows running the length of two walls with just enough space for the desk. The room was chocolate brown and gorgeous. The linens, the drapes, the furniture everything was perfect. I can’t think of a single negative thing to say about the room. The tub was huge, the shower had a ledge for shaving your legs and the toilet was in a separate room. The lotions and shampoo were great and I loved the smell. The towels were fluffy and soft. Very nice indeed.

    After check in, we walked over to TI to go to Kahunaville, which was good as usual. Good drinks and great burgers. After eating we headed back to Wynn and went down to the pool to check it out. At first glance it is great and the chairs are right by the water which is fantastic. What we didn’t like was how compact it felt. There was a good size crowd there and there were still chairs around. We went to the Cabana Bar and Michael took care of us. We had a few drinks and just relaxed. One thing we noticed was how many young guys were there hanging out checking out the topless women, which there were quite a few of. The pool was very crowded, and the music didn’t do it for me. I will have to give it another shot some other time. After a little bit, we headed into the casino and I went to the sports book to play at little VP and catch some of the new version of the Boston Massacre….Dang it was ugly!!! My VP play wasn’t much better, but I had two Sam Adams and went to shower. One strange thing, when playing VP you have to sign something the floor person brings around, every time you have a drink. I can only imagine what a pain this is for them and the bartender. The bartenders were great, and we really liked Vinnie, his only downfall was that he is a Yankees fan…I suppose it was a good weekend for him!

    Headed to the room and hung out a little, then showered and got ready to go to dinner. We headed to Bootlegger Bistro. The meal was good as usual, I had baked ziti and the minestrone soup. Hubby had some kind of past dish also and enjoyed it. After eating we decided to hit the Silverton. It wasn’t pretty and we didn’t last long there, so back to the Wynn for us. We played a little more VP and tried some slots then called it a night. We had been up for 20 hours and we were beat!!

    Day 2…..

    We woke up around 6:30 and just hung around the room a bit. Unable to decide what to do for Breakfast, we ordered Room Service and had coffee and bagels. The server was incredibly nice and we chatted with him a bit. We sat down in front our strip view window and enjoyed some good conversation and a GREAT view. It was simply awesome. It was the best $30 breakfast I have ever had. We were still amazed at how nice the hotel was, the elevator lobbies had beautiful floral arrangements and everything was just so clean and kept up!
    After Breakfast we took a ride to Red Rock, got there walked around, lost and left. Red Rock is a gorgeous casino, but on this day, I was getting no vibes from it. On the way back we stopped at Cheesecake Factory in Summerlin for a quick bite to eat and a soda. At this point it was almost 3 so we decided to head back to the hotel. We were going hit the pool but changed our minds, we went up to the room and hung out for a few before deciding to head to the casino.
    We headed down the casino to play a bit. DH went and played some blackjack and I went and found some slots. They were not good to me, but it could have been worse. We met up a little while later and DH decided to have a go at the WPT table game. It was quite fun. You are dealt two cards and have up to 4 total bets. The first is the ante, the second is a royal bet (if you are suited etc it pays), and the third is the players bet. This is there for times when the dealer doesn’t qualify etc. One of the things it pays on is 3 of a kind then up to a Royal Flush. The last bet is the 5x bet, which puts you in the game if the dealer qualifies with a 13 or better, there is also a 10X bet, which the dealer must qualify to play you with a 17 or better. DH played a few hands and then was dealt 5,6 of hearts. He plays, the dealer doesn’t qualify….no biggie, so the dealer pays off the Ante, and gives back the 5X play money ($25 when the ante is $5). Next he wins on the match suit bet. After that she does the flop and out comes the 7, 4 , of hearts and another card I can’t remember. The next card is useless and then she puts down the River card…..yup you guessed it, a 3 of hearts. Paid 100 to 1. $500 up!!! We decided to be smart and walked away shortly after that.
    Earlier I had visited the Red Card desk and found I needed 140 points on my card and we would have two free buffets…….which are valued at 250 points right now. I found a penny machine and very slowly worked my way towards the buffet. We figured we would do dinner at the buffet. When we had decided to do this, it was already 7:30, so we did the sportsbook for a bit playing VP and then headed out into the casino. By the time I had my points it was 9:30, which is my own fault for not playing full coin in, but we were not winning. We weren’t feeding the machine, but dang I wanted points, I wanted future offers.
    We ended up eating at the café on Monday night, the food was good, but the menu selection was very limited, maybe 4 entrees and 4 sandwiches, no breakfast, stuff like that. This was my first disappointment with Wynn. The room itself is absolutely gorgeous and service was great, but the menu wasn’t anything special. After dinner we walked around the casino a bit and DH played some more blackjack while I lost more on the slots. Had a few drinks and finally went up to the room and fell asleep on one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. I actually slept til 7:30 am!! This is a record for me, as I am usually up at the crack of dawn.

    Day 3

    Woke up at about 7:30 feeling great. The beds at Wynn are amazingly comfy. I was a bit sad because we were checking out today and heading to the Mirage. We were going to cancel, but then hubby decided he wanted to go to the pool there and since I usually pick the hotels, in my drunken state I gave and changed our ressies at Mirage so that we did two nights everywhere. WHAT WAS I THINKING????????? Alright so it wasn’t bad, and we were meeting friends who were coming in, otherwise I don’t think I would have done it. I knew staying where they were would give us more time with them. We got up, got packed and headed down to the casino, they gave us til 1pm to get out so we were going to enjoy it. We got coffee at the café which seems to be part of the gift shop. I had a latte and it was probably one of the best I have ever had.
    We then hit the casino, hubby played some more WTP, and got pocket aces which pays 20/1 on the bonus bet. He played a few more hands staying pretty even and we decided to go have the lunch buffet, I of course had played some slots and lost a few bucks. I like that stupid taxi game!! I did recoup a little on Texas Tina though. At this point it was around noon so we headed back up to have the bellman come and get our bags. They were very quick, but he told me I didn’t need a ticket, just to give my name and room number when we went down to check out, more on this later. Anyway, we decided to have our two free buffets. I have to admit I was not impressed, the selection was limited and the food just okay. I should add however, that we truly are not buffet people, but we figured we had the free buffet and we should check it out. Service was excellent and at noontime there was no line to get in really, so we were sat almost immediately. After lunch we decided to head over to Mirage, so we proceeded to the bell desk to retrieve our bags. It appears the kid that picked up the bags was wrong and we should have gotten a ticket…..it took about 15 minutes but they tracked down the bags and we were on our way.
    One final note, we absolutely loved the Wynn, the service with the exception of the bell man not giving us a ticket was excellent. Housekeeping did a great job, the room was cleaned twice a day and they even left me some of those great lotions they had!! I was sad to leave but knew one day we would return. It was that nice. When we got home from the trip I already had an offer of pay two days stay the third free, which I know to most of you is nothing, but to someone who barely ever gets offered a free meal, it made me happy. We have no problem paying for our rooms and will continue to do so if that is what it takes to stay where we are most comfortable.
    So we headed over to the Mirage, hubby went and parked the car while I went to check in. There was only one group in front of me. They checked us in, but our room was not ready , No worries though, my friend had called and they were there already, one of their rooms was ready the other was not we made plans to meet in a little bit, hubby took a quick walk and I went to the new bar off the lobby which is part of Kokomo’s I had a paradise Breeze I think, and lost $20 playing VP. My friend called and said she was coming down to the casino and we met her over by Carnagie Deli, we said our hellos and now sooner was the rest of her party there, they were headed to the Venetian to pick up tickets for a show. We made plans to have dinner at California Pizza Kitchen and too meet at the Sports Bar for a drink first. The original plan was to watch the Red Sox/ Angels, but they kept breaking my heart over the weekend so I just couldn’t do it.
    After we parted company, I went back to the front desk and got our room key, we were in room 24-022 which is a tower deluxe room. The room is nice, but was disappointing after leaving Wynn. To top it off, the turndown service was lacking, she didn’t leave but two towels each night and forgot my chocolates one night!!!! We unpacked and decided to head to the pool for cocktails. Service was lacking at the pool bar. Very slow, and it had a bar smell. Those of you who have at some point worked in a restaurant will know what I mean by that. To those of you who don’t, it smelled like sour fruit. Not very pleasant. We sat down there for an hour and headed back to the room to get ready to meet our friends. We took showers and headed down, of course I was late!! No worries, they were there waiting for us. We had a few drinks and headed to CPK. I can’t tell you what the wait was, because my friend and I sat and talked while our husbands stood on line. We were seated and we split a pizza, while my friend and her hubby both had salads. Portions were large and the food was very good. We sat and talked for awhile, then headed our separate ways. They were hitting the casino and we went out to Silverton again.
    Silverton is a great place to play and we enjoy the pit bosses and the cocktail service is always good. On the way in, I decided to hit the Star Wars Machine while hubby hit the BJ tables. I made $25 and joined him, or should I say, went to steal some chips and found my own table. I did okay playing and think I walked about with about $30 from that. We played for a few hours then on the way out I went back to my Star Wars game. I put in $10 and 15 minutes later cashed out with another $20. At this point we were getting tired so we headed back to the Mirage. We walked around hitting a few slots, then hubby went to bed. I played a bit more, staying pretty even, until I found the cheese caper machine. It wouldn’t stop giving me hits. It did eventually go a little cold so I walked away with a small profit and headed to bed. Another perfect day in Vegas had ended!!
  2. timmysmom

    timmysmom Low-Roller

    Apr 26, 2006
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great trip report; looking forward to Part II. Sorry about the Red Sox/Yankee series; it was brutal for a Sox fan!
  3. DaveP

    DaveP VIP Whale

    Aug 24, 2004
    At work
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wasn't so boring. Pretty good so far. Except for the pro-Red Sox stuff. Keep it coming.
  4. Jer

    Jer “Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica”

    Jan 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, whats boring? It just makes me miss the Wynn.... :)

    Great job so far!
  5. dscs007

    dscs007 Tourist

    Apr 20, 2006
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoyed part 1. Can't wait for part 2. I hope your losing streak ends ....... lol.

  6. Dean Martin

    Dean Martin VIP Whale

    Jan 16, 2003
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told you you'd love the Wynn:) I'm w/ Jer....not boring at all...just makes me miss the Wynn too. Nice hit on the room and WPT win:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.