1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn "invited" promotions question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Dean Martin, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we got an invitation to a "Give Away Promotion" Wynn is doing from 1 May thru 10 June. You get a ticket for every 1000 points you generate in play and then on the 10th, they have a drawing for 10 winners. The first 3 places are $90K or a car, your choice...."if" you're one of the lucky ones. You have to be there on Sat night the 10th for the drawing to be eligible for those top 3 prizes. The other 7, you do not. They also sent me a decent sum of FP on a promotion but the kicker according to my host is, you can only do one promotion at a time. We would prefer to head home on Saturday but if we opt for the Give Away, we'd be foolish not to be there on Sat night. I'm trying to decide which one to do, the guaranteed FP or and the Give Away. The invite says the prizes are based on 250 entrants so I'm thinking there will probable at least 5000 tickets in the drum (250 people x 20 tickets each). 10 winners out of 5000 isn't great odds but much better than the Lottery...LOL

Anybody ever go to one of these and does anybody know if they actually limit the people signing up to the 250 number they throw out in the invitation? Because if not, I could see that number getting a lot bigger when you have 5 1/2 weeks to qualify. Trying to determine my approx. odds for the give-away versus the "bird in the hand" FP.

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends on how the number is stated:

If it says "limited to", then 250 would be the maximum.

If it says "based on", then the number could be smaller or larger.

There are people at those Wynn giveaways that generate a whole lot of entries, especially if there are 5 1/2 weeks to qualify. I think that your estimate is rather low, and since it's probably a "virtual drum", you have no way of knowing.

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. I'd agree that I'm low...in fact my # is probably the "floor". I know too, if any are locals, they could generate a ton of entries. Based on the fact we really should head home Sat, I'll probably take the FP and use it in the HL room. Some lucky (3) people are going get a nice $90K payout and the other 7 prizes are I think $10K to $2500 in FP:)

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done a few Wynn events but am far from an expert on the subject...

The first thing I'll say is that, as I'm sure you'd imagine, Wynn does these things right. They're a lot of fun - good food, open bar, sometimes some entertainment or even some pretty nice swag.

But, you're going to be a minnow if the expected value is decent. The one time I did a drawing, the "ticket earning rate" was a little higher than the promo you're considering. I think I ended up with a half dozen tickets or thereabouts. When I went to put them in the hopper, I had to wait in line forever as everyone in front of me had multiple dozens/hundreds of tickets. And the earning period for my event was only 3-4 days, not a month and a half!

As I said, it was a lot of fun. And the chance, however slim, to win big money was exciting. But, as DaiLun said, you're going to be up against some really long odds. In your shoes, Dino, (especially since you don't want to stay for the drawing), I'd probably bypass the two in the bush.

5. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Carve....I think that's what I'm going to do. Going for 4 nights in June. We usually go for 6 but this was kind of a last minute decision. We're going to my nephews wedding in WA state so I started thinking....Hmmm....we're already be close and it's a fairly short flight out of SEA to LAS and we'll already be adjusted to west coast time so no problems staying up late the first night and the next 3. Let's do it!! LOL I usually struggle to stay up past 10 that first night when we fly in from VA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.