1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Slots Wynn buffet reward now available

Discussion in 'Wynn Slots' started by michael cadena, Nov 13, 2019.

1. freefalcon

freefalcon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally buffet has different prices for brunch/dinner, weekdays/weekends and holidays are generally much more expensive. Current same price for all days is surprisingly good. If you are planning to use it, I would suggest to buy it now. I think pricing model can change in the future. Currently if you cancel you get your gems back without penalty for buffet.

2. VegasTravelerBuddy

VegasTravelerBuddy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And when that happens, I'll be looking forward to all the whiners and complainers stating this is the death knell and that they are "finally done with this app!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A reasonable stance, but the question becomes whether, with your level advancing, likely continued gem devaluation, and a need to maintain tier, it will be feasible /preferable to save gems for a THIRD stay once you are done the next.

This is what I am evaluating now. It was a great room, but timing wise with tiers, and the game likely to see gems further devalued or restricted, and earning getting tighter as level increases, I'm leaning towards a clean break after my next stay. In which case things like a room comp for checkout day, and one or two buffets could come into play.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
  4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reminder: Per our rules, any posts that discuss ways and methods to circumvent the rules of the game will be removed from VMB.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MNDadof5

MNDadof5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To answer one of your questions you get 2 free buffets if your VIP1 which is two single uses or you and a guest in one sitting.

If you hit VIP2 you get 4 free buffets per month.

You book one day for buffet then depending on level you can get more the following days up to 10 free per month VIP5.

hope that helps

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. stinnymn

stinnymn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    QUESTION: I'm Level 2 and can use 4 buffets per month. I just reserved one buffet for myself for April 03rd, but was unable to reserve additional buffets for April 04th, 05th and 6th. Does this mean you can only reserve my first buffet on one date, and then redeem my 3 other buffets after I've used my first buffet on April 03rd? In other words, if I qualify for 4 buffets per month, I can't reserve in advance one buffet each day from April 03rd to April 06th?

7. PressThe5n9

PressThe5n9 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is that the buffet reservation works the same as the room. You have to complete the reservation (in this case the buffet) before you can book any additional meals. You probably won’t run into any issue trying to redeem daily, but there might be a small chance of them being off the calendar if you try to get one for another day while waiting for your comp meal to be completed.

Youngest Son’s 21st Birthday Trip to the Desert
  8. stinnymn

stinnymn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply, but I'm able to to book multiple free room nights consecutively per each trip reservation, example April 03-06th. I do not seem to similarly be able to book consecutive buffet days, April 03-06th, despite having 4 buffets to redeem per month at my current VIP Level 2. Does anyone else have a similar experience/question regarding buffet redemptions?

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think of it as you are allowed to have 1 RESERVATION on the books with them, no matter the number of nights.

Same goes with the buffet, you are booking a reservation.

10. Oceanpoker

Oceanpoker Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m trying to understand the VIP levels. If I’m level 1 today and book a buffet for couple months away then stop playing and lose my VIP level, will I still be able to use the already booked buffet?

11. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it will show in the app so you can redeem it at the cashier. Once it's purchased in the game, it's yours.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. stinnymn

stinnymn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point > thanks!

13. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, which actually kind of stinks. By the time you redeem your first buffet on April 3, the April 4th buffet likely won't be available. The 5th may or may not be, but then you'll have the same problem on the 6th.

14. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you really want to eat at the same buffet two nights in a row anyway?l

15. VegasJuan

VegasJuan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean many people do. If you have hotel status and you're at a beach resort, a buffet breakfast will often just be given to you. Free food is free food.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NickG

NickG Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure, if it's literally free. And I feel like breakfast is a little different because a lot people eat very similar food for breakfast almost every day anyway.
    But the Wynn app buffets are not free. They are actually quite costly in terms of the time you have to put in to earn 1200 gems. And also quite costly in terms of the room value you could be getting instead.

Personally, I would find any buffet a much less satisfying experience going on a second consecutive night. But obviously everyone has different preferences and can eat wherever they want to eat.

17. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I mean, its a buffet. Nothing says you have to get the same thing every night. Especially one like Wynn. You could stick asian one night, and surf and turf the next, and still have an obscene amount of calories with no dish crossover.

Whether you want that many meals at a buffet is another question, but many do.

And as for loading up on the buffets from Wynn, the gems are already earned,so those costs are sunk, and for each person it is about the optimal way to get the value OUT. If they won't have two stays, it doesn't matter that room nights are more efficient. If they won't have another trip for a year, saving for future rooms means continuing to play, potentially buying chips again later, and the risk of further degradation or restrictions coming into effect before you can use it.

In other words, it is not in the least strange or unreasonable for someone to want to book redeem buffets on back to back evenings.

Tentative booking CETDorado farewell tour ends?
    • Agree Agree x 2