1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wynn Buffet Open for reservations

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd like to try their buffet again, but not sure I could handle an hour wait unless it involved someone paying me.
    I guess there's no tier/line pass? That saved us oodles of time at the MGM Grand buffet.

2. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to Flowers, Black tier or being a Tower Suites guest will get you into a separate (shorter) line.

• Like Like x 1
  3. billcasa

billcasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a separate line for Black Tier and RFB guests.

EDIT - When I looked more carefully at the picture Flowers posted, I think the separate line is for Black Tier or Tower Suites guests with access to the RFB lounge - the Tower Suites key pictured in the line pass sign has the star on it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry for the late reply. I was having a great time during my trip, especially gambling, and put this off until I got back. Here are my thoughts on the buffet...

I made a couple of rookie mistakes that shouldn't have happened.

First, I didn't go in hungry. I had a Buffet reservation for 5pm on Saturday but made the stupid mistake of having a walk-in lunch at Wazuzu only 4 hours earlier. That's not enough time between meals, let alone a buffet. I knew I had the dinner reservation; I didn't forget. I should've skipped lunch altogether that day and gone in at 5pm for a "linner".

Second, I wanted to take pictures and got a few of them. I couldn't get more because my hands were sticky from the crab legs, which was the first item I started with, and I didn't want to handle my phone with unclean hands. I didn't see nor ask for the leg-cracker tool. The waitress was really attentive though. She noticed that I was wiping with my napkin furiously while staring at my phone and brought over a wet nap. But that time, I had already mentally decided to focus more on the meal rather than snapping pictures. But kudos to her for paying attention to my needs.

This brings up something I want to mention. You pay at the table and can tip according to service, rather than tip first (or not tip/low tip) and hope for decent service. Yes, there was a wait even with reservations, and depending on the time, the wait can be significant. However, I think paying at the table saves a bit of time, operationally, versus paying while in line and then dining-and-dashing after you are seated. An argument can be made that tables turn over faster if you let people dine-and-dash. But my counter-point would be that there needs to be some sort of "grace period" to ensure that an abandoned table is truly finished and not just diners out of their seats grabbing another round of food. With pay-at-the-table, the waitstaff knows exactly when tables are done and can be cleaned for turnover.

I've been to the Wynn Buffet before Covid and I would rate those experiences as one of the best buffets. And this felt like pre-Covid. The selection is on par. I was informed that there were 80+ different dishes available from the various stations. I want to say the quality is on par, but again, I was not hungry so I didn't eat much. Therefore, my sample size was quite small. I had a giant plate of warm crab legs (there's also a cold variety, but I didn't try them), 3 cuts of prime rib, some pork ribs with diced potatoes, and dessert. All very good. Had I been hungry, I could easily have eaten twice as much if not more.

I am not a drinker, but there was an option for unlimited alcohol of some sort for an extra $25, I think. Didn't really pay attention.

My waitress was really nice. Other than the wet nap I mentioned above, she was very attentive to my water and ice tea needs. The check for the room charge came quickly when I asked for it. Overall, a good experience and would do again. Next time, I will go in hungry.

20210703_175341[1].jpg
    20210703_175127[1].jpg
    20210703_174350[1].jpg
    20210703_173105[1].jpg
    20210703_171223[1].jpg

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 1
  5. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Sucks you had to go into this buffet without much of an appetite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TarainVA

TarainVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very excited to enjoy the new Wynn buffet in a few weeks! My hotel reservation includes a $100 resort credit. At the time the buffet was closed, so it was not given as a dining option. I called Wynn last night, and they confirmed resort credit can't be used at the buffet as it's not owned by Wynn or Encore...rather a 3rd party. Don't know if that's a new arrangement or not...but FYI to anyone that has resort credit. On the bright side, it just means I get somewhere else there now too :)

• Wow! Wow! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The birthday celebration terms doesn’t list the buffet as excluded (yet?!?). I hope it’s not true. This don’t smell right.

I’ve got reservations at 1:45 pm today. I hope to be held over for dinner. I’ll ask around regarding ownership. I booked it yesterday after cancelling my Monday dinner one.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. VaDreamer

VaDreamer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AF134011-4C18-44D7-96F3-631B56E3D3B1.jpeg 5F34A3C5-D0A0-419D-9062-EFA2F7938080.jpeg 49FC4AFC-12D2-4A84-B2FA-44ED0F14668B.jpeg 40310718-F9E5-423C-8E96-35F9F247219C.jpeg 477CE64C-FD0D-4401-BAC5-4D00449DBD26.jpeg 7BE34BE7-5870-4F22-A63C-3308365C15C9.jpeg 0B2CE2FF-0C16-4D39-8028-AEEC898A9381.jpeg A296D6F0-7259-4B14-9AC2-3085EFBE4C00.jpeg 21AA5864-BA3F-4806-A2AC-295B3C7187C9.jpeg I went to the buffet July 4 for brunch. I had a reservation and only waited 5 minutes or less. There were people in a different line who didn't have reservations but the hostesses were seating them fairly quickly as well. I felt the selections were on par with the pre-Covid buffet. I can't remember if this was an option before, but there were 3 (that I noticed) stations where you could customize your order (the omelet station, a pancake station and a yogurt parfait station). I liked all of them. During COVID, before the buffet closed, I went to the dinner buffet, and I much prefer the "serve yourself" concept. I enjoyed my breakfast and would go back.

• Love Love x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:

Interesting. My experience with this on Jul 3 was that it was covered by resort credit. I was on a comp offer that included $250 resort credit. After eating there on Saturday, I didn't check my account activity for a couple of days. I think it was Monday morning while I was eating in the room that I noticed that the Buffet wasn't comped off when I checked the TV.

So, I called down to the front desk and asked. The employee said it just wasn't "moved over" yet, and that she would have it moved over. I didn't double check after that.

On Tuesday, I checked out at the registration desk in person, because I wanted to swipe my players card to burn some Comp Dollars. The employee there told me that there was only a room charge for the Cafe, which I visited that morning, and gratuities. And that was exactly what I was expecting. I was there specifically to get the Cafe room charge covered with my Comp Dollars. Therefore, there was no longer a charge for the Buffet and it was covered by my resort credit.

I wonder if this policy of not being covered is new. If so, it literally just changed within the last few days.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Cageet

Cageet VIP Cow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just double checked my folio, and indeed, there are only gratuities on there. Buffet was covered by my resort credit. And my remaining Comp Dollars balance matches what I spent.

• Like Like x 3
  11. TarainVA

TarainVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for responses on resort credit. I spoke with an associate in reservations. Sounds like he gave me incorrect info. I'm going to call again today and update.

12. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Confirmed at the rewards desk that the buffet is still good for the bday celebration. You don't even need to be staying. If not staying, you have to go to the rewards desk first. If it's during your stay, you just do a room charge.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner was too rich for me so I cancelled my dinner reservation for Monday and booked yesterday for lunch at 1:45 pm today. Got in line at 1:40 and it took 40 minutes to get seated. I grabbed whatever brunch items I wanted that they were going to change out for dinner. Shortly before 3pm the crab legs, oysters, mussels, and other dinner items came out. After a little over two hours, I was done. Saved $20 by hitting the end of brunch.

The line wasn’t too long but people were not happy their reservation still meant they had to wait.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TarainVA

TarainVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an update on this...I called back and got another associate who explained to me the resort credit will cover the Wynn buffet. Just have to give room # or confirmation # when booking. Thanks everyone for chiming in you got it covered by the credit. Nice!

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you got someone the first time that was clearly confused! The three restaurants that are "independent" at Wynncore are Urth Cafe, Cipriani, and La Cave. With rare exceptions, they aren't covered by RFB and so I would assume wouldn't be covered by a resort credit either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    what does this mean? You can eat at the Wynn buffet for free on your birthday? what are the steps?

17. billcasa

billcasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have a Platinum or Black tier player card you get an extra dining credit during the month of your birthday ($150 for platinum card holders and $300 for black card holders). midliferetired was confirming that you can use the credit at the buffet if you want to.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.