1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP circuit event planet hollywood

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by JTC_, Oct 13, 2019.

1. JTC_

JTC_ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New to the boards. Haven’t been to Vegas for almost five years, will be going up in November to play some WSOP circuit events. The last time I played in a WSOP circuit event was back in 2010 at caesars palace. It was a $350 buy in and 500 players. Two day event. I got knocked out as the 300th person. I remember playing from noon till well after 8pm that day.

question: since I haven’t ran deep in a big tournament before, what should I expect if I make it for day 2 of an event? Say if I start a flight at 4pm rather than 11am, do they both end at the same time or if I’m in a later flight, should I expect to be playing well into the wee morning hours?

2. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 Poker and Hot Dogs

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will play flight #2 to end at the same level/clock position as they end flight #1. So if flight #1 at 11am concludes the day at the end of level 10, flight #2 would also conclude with end of level 10 (which would be 5 hours later than flight 1 ends).

When they combine day 2, you'll get a new table draw (you'll find out at the end of day 1 when you bag up your chips where your day 2 table/seat assignment are). Typically more difficult competition on day 2.

3. JTC_

JTC_ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahh I see now. Debating if I should multiple events since I’ll be there for ten days or just one event then cash games the rest of the time.

4. Solar

Solar Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wasn't aware of this circuit event series, i am there just for Event 1 so will probably give that a spin

Structure sheet appears to be here

https://www.wsop.com/2019/circuit/$250%20NLHE%20Ring%20Event%20Structure.pdf

30 min levels so typically 16 levels in a day in my experience, 8 hours of poker plus probably 1 hour of breaks so 11am flight day 1 should finish by 8pm and 3pm flight should be done by midnight.

Day 2 harder to say as it is play down to a winner, it is only 10k starting chips but to hit $75k it needs 375 runners, your 500 runners from last time is probably very achievable if not a little low.

Dave