1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

WSOP 2017?

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by TRN, Feb 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeonTurtle14

NeonTurtle14 I Run the Vegas Hotdog Stand

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I watch the Jeff Boski vlog, not sure I necessarily agree with him very often (sounds like a good topic for a new posting), but this is one I can agree with. In tournaments which allow re-entries, you typically get the people from the other flights starting over and semi-tilted trying to make some $ back, down multiple bullets. In the WSOP Main, no re-entry is allowed, even in other flights, so that logic doesn't hold up, but I've still seen larger (and in my mind larger = softer overall) field on the last flight. It's all luck of the draw on your table, so it may not even matter.

To Tringlo's point, shorter overall time commitment, which is part of it for me (leaving family home for another week+ now), but that actually may impact the reason the last day 1 flight is often the largest also, and why there's more amateurs in that flight.

2. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my own incredibly small sample size as to this issue, I'd have to agree with what's been said above and conclude (loosely) that the last starting day in the ME is overall going to have the softest field of the three starting days. Though as TRN mentioned you could still end up at a table full of pros or otherwise solid players and it doesn't even matter.

I started on Day 1A the last two times I've played the ME, will be starting on day 1C this year, not for any particular reason than to mix it up from the past, and it fits better with my travel schedule this year. Wish I could get out for some earlier events, but work/family does not permit that this year. So looking forward to July 10.

3. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll assume we're starting at the same table then, and can wipe out the table multiple times throughout the first day. If I tap my nose 3 times, just fold k? :)

4. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha!! Deal!! If I'm in first in a hand, then you fold. ;)

5. BoostedRS

BoostedRS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have kept an eye on the results for the last few years and they seem to get pretty juicy at the end of June. I remember there being around 3,000 entries if recall. The only thing bad thing I read is people complaining about how long they last and it being hard to play in bracelet events the next day if you make it far with the final table being until 6 AM at times. I don't think you can chop though from what I had read about them.

6. Barney

Barney Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Wheels up for me in about 20 hrs. Been a while since I've been this excited about a trip to Vegas.

7. NeonTurtle14

Trips to Las Vegas:
    See you there soon :)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.