1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Wow Flamingo and Ballys NO MORE!!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Chris9494, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris9494

Chris9494 Tourist

Just returned from a 9 day trip and while the location of each hotel is GREAT the hotels have gone way down over my 20 plus years going to Vegas!! The Go rooms at Flamingo are AWFUL and Ballys unless your in the new tower forget it. I switched rooms 3 times at Flamingo and 4 times at Ballys. The furniture and bathrooms are Nasty. Most times I can live with this but no more while in Vegas. Until they are forced to sell of some properties these locations will get no love!!

Tip stay at Linq Stay at Linq Stay at Linq!!

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - I've not had a bad experience in about 15 years. Stayed in a Deluxe Go strip view for NYE week & it was very nice....no complaints with the hotel at all...this was our 1st stay at Flam. Our usual home is either Bally's or Paris.....will stay at Bally's for the near future since we always get a deluxe Jubilee room & love them. I am Diamond with CET and always get a nice room with no issues....do check-in at the Diamond/7 Star desk and they are very accommodating. Sorry you had a problem ( our experience of 2 visits a year - stays have been great) but everyone in our traveling group loves Bally's.

3. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Bally's in both towers over the past 2 years, never had a problem in either. Rooms were clean. Never stayed at Flamingo, so can't comment on that.

4. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have stayed at Flamingo at least once a year for the last 3ish years.
    Locations and Price are nice, Go Rooms are decent for the price of them. Fab rooms are terrible.
    Considering the price I have never been disappointed with Flamingo. (you have to understand you are not staying at the Wynn and that you get what you pay for)

The worst part about Flamingo was always how long it took for Check ins when I had people in my party who did not qualify to use the diamond line skipping option.
    Everyone has different opinions though and that is the nice thing about Vegas... So many options! :)

5. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My stays at both properties over the past couple of years also has not yielded any problems.
    While both the Indigo Tower and Flamingo Go rooms are showing some wear, both were still in decent shape and clean. Jubilee Tower rooms were always in excellent shape

I am a CET diamond player, so I never experienced check in delays at either property. The worst I could comment on would be the Flamingo non remodeled or Fab rooms with older style bathrooms. These desperately need a full remodel which I believe the property is getting around too. While Flamingo is showing wear and tear, its not in as horrible shape as some other properties I have seen in LV including Luxor Pyramid and well worn Excalibur room.

Would I pay rack rate for Flamingo, no way. However for a player comp room or a good discount they are still decent enough in the under $100 a night category.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have avoided Flamingo and will continue to do so

Ballys isn't so bad though. I haven't stayed there since the remodel but I stayed there twice in the past; once each in the north tower and south tower. It wasn't like the upper crust rooms but I found it better than expected and perfect for a solo trip. Yeah it had some wear but it was serviceable. I'd choose it over many of the other places.

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree with everyone. No problem at either property. I would prefer Ballys. Nice jubilee rm.

8. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at both Flamingo and Bally's. Rooms were fine. Not sure what was so nasty about the furniture or bathroom that housekeeping couldn't accommodate. For the price we pay, the rooms are good enough for us. I'm not expecting Venetian caliber rooms for 1/3 the price at Bally's.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are more than just a bit vague as to what was so nasty on the properties. I can't believe that the same issue would have occurred 7 times over 2 different properties.

I haven't had any issues with Flamingo or Ballys and have stayed at both numerous times. (Including Indigo Room). BFF also stayed at Ballys & paid for an upgrade to a Jubilee room - her son stayed in Indigo. She said his room was very nice and she felt she should have just saved the upgrade money as she would have been happy in the Indigo.

10. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

Yeah I've heard flamingo has taken a slow till going downhill room wise. Haven't heard much on ballys. Usually if your signed up with Cesar's ent. And you log on you'll get free rooms or great discounts for all their properties. I got harrahs for the weekend at no cost. But I avoid flamingo. My dad doesn't like staying there because they had legions air disease haha

11. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at both within the last year and thought the rooms were just fine in both. The Flamingo elevators and some of the common areas are pretty bad but I had no issues with the rooms.

No offense to the OP but changing rooms 7 times seems more of a you problem than a hotel problem.

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep I'm thinking the OP must be one of those "there was dust above the door frame" people. I have not stayed at Bally's but I have stayed at the Flamingo 13 times and never had a problem. Remember OP, you get what you pay for. If you're trying to save money by booking a lower end hotel then you have to accept that not everything will be perfect. Hell, even the high end properties have complaints.

13. mattMN10

mattMN10 Minnesota living. Las Vegas dreaming.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally haven't stayed at Flamingo, but my Aunt and Uncle did on our last trip out there last April and it was in pretty rough shape. I believe there are nicer rooms there, but I know they were pretty disappointed. If going when it's hot, the Flam pool alone is enough to justify some of the negatives on a cheap/free stay though IMO. :wink2:

As far as Bally's goes, I stayed a few years ago in a large room in the newer tower and it was just fine! Clean and larger than several rooms I've stayed in before. :peace:

Buddies 4th of July Bash
  14. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Linq is my absolute go to now. I've stayed there 4 times in the last 14-ish months and I absolutely love it. I've never had a bad experience and have been pleasantly surprised by new additions each and every trip. Wouldn't consider staying at Harrahs, Bally's or Flamingo again. PH, Caesars and Cromwell all offer their own appeals that are different from the Linq, but unless I'm bringing a lady friend with me, I'll be at the Linq for most of my trips going forward

15. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm

Ballys and Flamingo are 2 of my favorite places to stay lol

16. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol. I gotta admit, Ballys has been fine ( either tower) for the past 12 visits over the past 8 years! Can't speak to the Flamingo since I haven't been there in a decade. Will be staying at the Linq next month for March Madness. First time there, only because I took the Brooklyn bowl hoops party offer!

17. Brad8173

Brad8173 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I disagree with O P. Stayed at both in 2015 and both were fine. In fact, I think the Ballys Indigo rooms are the best value. Yes dated, but huge and clean.

That said, I'm not fussy..moving rooms 4 times?

B

18. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Possibly your expectations are above your budget OP? I can't imagine what would be so wrong at that price point that you needed to change rooms 4 times to try and solve it?

19. eksantirik

eksantirik High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On this board, a lot of people keep bashing Excalibur, Luxor, Monte Carlo, heck even Mirage. But I always thought these properties beat the hell out of Flamingo, Harrah's and Bally's. I suggest you give them a try next time.

20. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it really depends on your expectations going in. If you know what level of hotel you are staying at (low, mid, or higher end), you should set your expectations accordingly. I don't know who would ever expect Excalibur to be perfect when you are paying $30 per night instead of $200 at the higher end places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.