1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Would you do a weekend trip without a hotel room?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Jidery, May 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sister and I tried this in Atlantic City many years ago, her idea. She fell asleep in the bathroom and I had no idea where she was.

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Akala

Akala Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we really try and avoid early flights leaving cause we always start drifting to we can always sleep on the plane...

3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Short answer, NO. But I'm confident, regardless of the weekend (unless maybe July 4th) that you could find a room for under $75, if not on the strip then off the strip (Palace Station) or at one of the downtown hotels. Gambling when you are dead tired can be REALLY expensive (more than one or two nights might cost) so for your physical and financial heath and overall enjoyment, I'd book a room for at least one night.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joke's on him, I can sleep anywhere! Including during college and law school classes.

I was supposed to be meeting a friend at NY-NY around 3am a couple NYEs ago (she was performing at a party). I straight-up passed out at a slot machine. Security came over and asked if I was okay; I responded, "Yeah, I'm good", turned my head and went back to sleep. They didn't bother me after that.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also bear in mind that between resort fees and Uber/Lyft costs, you might wind up only saving a few bucks versus doing Excal or Linq.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    been there and thought that, but never did it....You can in theory. Go shower at the spas, or if you have a planet fitness membership etc...If you just want somewhere cheap, check out the local hostels. you go shower, take a nap and then be out.

7. Timothy

Timothy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me? Never.

That’s not to say I’ll never stay up very late/early in Vegas, but ultimately I need to crash.

Also, how much can a room at Excalibur or Circus Circus really cost? What dates are you looking? If it’s really that bad, I’d rather not go at all but hey, that’s me.

4th time's a charm?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola El Jefe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The other thing to consider is what if you lose your BR? I suppose you could drive home at that point, but what if you’ve been drinking and can’t get behind the wheel? IMHO, the only thing worse than losing my BR would be losing my BR and not have a room, to get some rest and lick my wounds, before the drive home.

Dec 23rd - Dec 26th
    Last Solo Trip of my bachelorhood. Wedding is set for June 2022.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. poidawg

poidawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve done that once, spent Sat night in the Bellagio poker room only playing AA or KK, actually made money. Luckily I had a Sunday morning flight so could sleep on the plane. You might try getting a room for Sunday night with early check in, the rates are super cheap and you can catch some Zs before heading home that evening.

10. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YES. Ignore the haters. Everyone should try this at least once in their lives. You were going to be up all night partying anyway. Put the money you could have spent on a room on a field bet and let us know what happens.

That said, if you are taking the time to ask, it may be too late. This is the kind of decision that should be made in the spur of the moment. As in: "It's 8 pm. Want to drive to vegas?"

• Like Like x 2
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Haters," eh?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They know who they are.

13. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    playa.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see no haters; he asked if people would do it and they gave their opinions.

Christmas at Cosmo
  15. TableToddyy

TableToddyy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya everyone should make that mistake at least once. But the bright side. I'm sure it will deliver on a few good stories.

16. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My apologies, I didn't intend for that to sound hostile or judgmental. A poor attempt at a good natured ribbing that clearly did not land as intended.

(Full disclosure: I did once or maybe twice succeed in pulling an all-nighter in vegas many many years ago when I was much younger, stronger, and poorer. It was incredibly fun and I have no regrets. At my present advanced age, I have no immediate plans to repeat the experience.)

• Like Like x 3
  17. AbFab

AbFab Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG I tried it and failed. I ended up going to the airport, just to be able to lie down. I don't remember if I knocked out. Seriously the longest and lowest day of my life.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.