1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Worst trip ever!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Turtleman, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the sympathy votes. Today marks the first I've felt "normal" since arriving in Vegas exactly two weeks ago. It feels so good not to feel so bad, and my sense of smell has finally returned.

Amazingly, Ms Gecko felt fine the entire trip and still does. I felt sorry for her, as the only thing worse than being sick in Vegas is dealing with someone who is. Not to give yucky cards and sanitizers a bum rap, the bug probably began its attack a day or two before I arrived. Should it happen again, I think I'll stay in my shell or at least not gamble very much. "The show must go on" isn't what it's cracked up to be!

We're beginning to think about the St. Patrick's Day trip, and with four free nights at the Orleans, it's a good chance that'll be one of venues. (We spent a little time there after touring Aria and it's still one of our favorite places.)

I'll try to post a much more positive trip report next time. This last one should be an easy act to follow.

2. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you shoulda tried that $1 hot dog at Orleans, that could have either CURED or KILLED you on the spot!

3. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's when I knew I was cured from my stomach bug after I choked that puppy down! :licklips:

4. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry you had such a bad trip...
    but that means karma OWES you a good one! Right?:wink

5. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turtleman.....that sux. Long time ago now, but after arriving in Vegas in Dec '99, my first order of business was to find out the location of an emergency clinic, good thing too....the Dr said if I'd waited a day I would have landed in the hospital. I spent the entire trip in bed (Paris); I've never warmed up to Paris and I think that's why.

I hope your next trip more than makes up for being down for the count on this one and hope Mrs. Gecko managed to have some fun!

6. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You need to go back and fast. The Vegas gods have to pay you back....and the sooner the better!

7. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Major bummer having the flu in Vegas. But on the bright side you'll get back there soon! People swear by taking that Airborne stuff. I just make sure I take my multis and extra C before and during a trip.

8. IWantToGoToVegasToday

IWantToGoToVegasToday Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow - just think how many people you shared that flu bug with while you were there.

I bet you made many other peoples trips miserable too.

9. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Turtleman,
    Sorry to hear it.
    One of my biggest nightmares !
    What's the guy suppose to do ?
    Walk home, instead of fly ?
    Stay 24 hrs a day, in a VEGAS hotel room, for a week ?
    Not gamble ?
    Not touch anything ?
    You think those chips, cards, slots are all clean of germs ? :eek:

10. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're a peach IWantToGo.....a real peach! I'm sure if he could have teleported himself home he would have..what was the poor guy to do?!

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, I probably passed my germs along to others, as someone evidently passed theirs to me. It seems to be a sorry fact of life; and other than the simple precautions of washing and such, I don't have a clue how to prevent catching or spreading something in the future. (It's sure nice to learn from experience, isn't it?) Oh well, I'd hate to think I did so poorly if I had felt well! We'll get 'em next time!

12. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go get 'em Turtleman!

13. FL Mary

FL Mary Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a bummer to get sick on a Vegas trip. Sorry you had a bad trip. I'm glad I got a flu shot so I won't get sick on my January trip.

14. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read that if someone in your family has H1N1, the odds are 1 in 8 you will get it.

Harrahs pays this off at 6:1 though.

15. iggler

iggler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RE: spreding germs on cards

If you are worried about the germs on the cards, then you are in the wrong place for sure......to be safe, you need to take care of one self, and wash your owns hands and sanitize them after toughing the cards, or the slot machines, door handles, elevator buttons, hand rails, back of chairs when you pull them out, the poker chips that you bet with ect ect ect. I think you need to give the guy a break here and just remember to wash your own hands to avoid the germs getting into your system.

16. mjamesp

mjamesp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quoted for Truth!!!!

Only sickness in Vegas for me is the daily "3-2 flu". Usually worse in the mornings as it eases with the 1st few drinks.

17. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you had such a rough time. Here's to hoping 2010 trips are much more pleasant and fruitful.

18. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

T-Man,
    Being the avid gambler that you are, you should know it's all about the odds. For the inordinate amounts of trips you've made to Vegas, it was just a matter of time that a bug would pop up in conjunction with a trip.
    I know that doesn't sound too sympathetic, but then again, you don't won't to be overwhelmed too much with all these well-meaningT2V folks and their condolences.
    Take care buddy.

19. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Unfortunately, Turtleman getting sick and a Vegas vacation will happen; that's the odds. The best thing you can do is survive it and know that your next trip will be 100% better.

20. dwood443

dwood443 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see it as a problem if someone is sick while gambling. I'd have to understand that its just bad timing for them. And if if bothers me I move away. As for the germs on everything I'm kind of a germaphobic anyways so I'm always worried about touching things.. Just wash your hands a lot, take emergenc (packets of vitamin c) with you and you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.