1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Why I love vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Miller12pack, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Miller12pack

Miller12pack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will probably be long and rambling, but Miller light will do that. My husband was 35 the first time we went-he is now 70. We stayed at Westward Ho on a junket, and loved it. Champagne Fountains, Bloddy Mary Fountains, free goodies for the kids. Circus Circus fanny packs, decks of cards,white gloves,ashtrays,and coin buckets. We never stayed on the strip again. My sister worked at Gold Spike, and she got us free rooms at Nevada Club. Over the years we upgraded to Gold Spike, Then El Cortez for many years. We met and talked to Jackie Gaughan many times, but then when the tower rooms went non smoking, we moved to the D-Fitz. I dont thinkt that we ever paid for a room. There are so many stories we have-just like you all do. Vegas then or now is something you love of hate. We love it.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great memories.......I have never been on a junket.....always really sounded like fun even if you were sort of marooned at some property.

Wish I had kept way more coin buckets.....went to Vegas for spring break in '78 and brought back a ton of unused coin buckets from the Stardust for kegger cups. Wish I at least one left, stoopid kid :(

Our local paper, Seattle Times, on Sunday would have Vegas World junkets in that middle shiny ad section, Pacific maybe ? I was too young then, when I was old enough to gamble, junkets were either Laughlin or Wendover, maybe Primm ?

.....are there still junkets.....?????

Fun post :beer: