Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Colesc15, Jul 6, 2020.
What would make you un-cancel? Bars being allowed to re-open? I doubt that would happen in 10 days.
I may do a live report, but, doing diamond jo, q Casino and Isle casino, Prairies meadow, then two nights in council bluffs at harrah's, horseshoe and ameristar, then hard rock Sioux city, grand falls, Mystic Lake, treasure island and a few more lol.
Covid to disappear, Lol.
That definitely would be the miracle you’ve been waiting for.
Right now my mega 2-week trip is still in place for mid-late August. In fact, I've added to it as I just double booked some fantastic Venetian/Palazzo offers as well as a Wynn buy-in slot tournament, the first I believe at Wynncore since Vegas re-opened. And I'm checking on availability now for solo dining at Guy Savoy using a lot of food credit I'll have as I'll be combining a bunch of different Seven Stars related promos.
I'm not optimistic but still hopeful, if that makes sense! My fall back is shifting the same two-week trip to late September/mid October, including when my brother and SIL plan to be in Vegas in October. I'd much prefer August as it is my birthday and it will likely be a tad more mellow work wise (I work pretty hard WFH), but am resigned that it may have to be moved and that even late September/early October may not work. We shall see. Right now though the planning itself is fun and a stress reliever to boot, plus I'm learning a lot as I plan to do many different things (mostly outdoors) that I've never done before, including staying overnight at El Tovar/the Grand Canyon.
The Governor's recent order makes sense to me to try and reduce the spread of the virus and keep Vegas open but admittedly the order is not negatively affecting my plans as I didn't plan on bar VP, though I did plan on visiting The D briefly during off hours. If anything, I'm hopeful that the Governor's order will make a positive difference for the health and safety and economic vitality of Nevadans and increase the chances that I'll be able to go. I processed a couple of months ago when I was thinking about this trip that it was going to be different and I would do some different activities -- more outdoor things in lieu of concerts -- so I'm good in that respect and believe, especially with Encore as my home base, that I can have a fun and relaxing trip.
My rough proxy is New York's order. If Nevada stays on NY's hot list in August I'm unlikely to go and it's not because of self-quarantining as I basically do that anyway. Rather, Nevada being on the list is more a proxy of concern regarding the conditions there.
Edited to add: And I'm out ZERO dollars if I change my mind. Even my reservation at El Tovar, which I had to pre-pay, is fully refundable as long as I don't wait until the last minute to cancel or move the reservation.
I was supposed to fly out on Monday for a short solo trip, but just don’t feel comfortable getting on a plane.
Me and my sister were scheduled to go in September, but she has decided instead to go to Deadwood with her husband, so we are cancelling that trip as well. I’m going to book at MB again for May of next year.
Looks like I’m approved to get staged/based over in Europe for a few months for work using my non-US passport, so I won’t be coming back to the US during that time. Combined with the worsening trends, I’m out for 2020. Vegas 2021 I hope.
I held out hope for the end of July, cancelled & rebooked it for end of August & 1st week of Sept. Still holding the reservation but also booked for the middle of Oct just in case. Unless we get ffejry's wish of the beer virus to disappear, I think I might take a pass on Vegas this year. I think I will survive if I can get some White Sox, Blackhawks, & Bears and my liquor store doesn't run out of my favorite beer. Cachic, I just made up that word for popping a new beer. Trying to see a light at the end of the tunnel but not yet. Good luck everyone, whatever you decide on your trips.
Leaving in 2 weeks to head out there for the 2nd time in 6 weeks. Headed out for my birthday
We are targeting Sept/Oct. All the major sports will be in action then. Although the social distancing setup of the chairs in the sports books will make getting a seat tough. Vegas bars open or closed? Who cares. We almost never buy booze at the Vegas bars anyway as the drinks are way overpriced, too expensive. Much better to get bottles of brews or cans of seltzers at one of the stores. Will be wearing Masks for sure! We’ll have a great time & look forward to it.
With a heavy heart and not so sound mind we pulled the plug on our July 25-Aug. 1 trip. On a better note booked offer from Mlife for free flight, four nights , $900 FP to the Beau Rivage on 7/26. It’s not vegas but right now neither is Vegas. Couldn’t take a chance of getting stranded as I feel another shutdown is possible. I’m hoping for an Xmas trip with the whole family as younger daughter turns 21 and wants to be a degen.
Haha my hopes that Furnace Bar could stay open since it served food was destroyed by the front desk at DTG... I'm probably out, but may keep my flight. It's been a while since I've set on the edge of the Grand Canyon with a bottle of Wild Turkey and pondered my existence.
I don't think I'd ever do this as I'm likely to jump in.
I’m scheduled for July 25-28 with my friend, but I have a feeling we will be cancelling. If pools are open we will go, but I need to cancel before the 24th so hopefully there’s a clear idea of if they will be closed or not by then.
We both work very closely with the public, my boss has admitted he won’t get tested even if he has symptoms, and since he never gets the flu he isn’t worried (??). Our town is full of Covid deniers, anti maskers and a meat packing plant. So basically we are at a huge risk of contracting it anyways, and are probably safer in a place with mandated masks.
At least that’s our rationale
Trust me, I hang out with anti-maskers, covid-19 deniers as well. i know the feeling
well IMO closing things is counter-productive... if Vegas wants to stay open then open up everything (as much as possible) with making sure mask and distance guidelines are followed... open the shows with every other seat empty, all resorts open to 50% capacity, sounds like I'm guessing but so are the "experts", remember these are the same folks who brought us the "Food Pyramid" - aka, roadmap to type 2 diabetes!
Yeah, it’s tough to get control when upon reopening there were rules but upon trying to determine how far you could go, no one played enforcer. Lesson learned. Spoil a child as we all did / do but carry it to age 12 or 13. Then go ahead and say there are going to be restrictions and inability to access all things good. Hmmmm?
That’ll get the party started. Change is not accepted well by most.
Be on the plane this time next week!
I'm not in an "at risk" demographic. I had a May trip planned but that was obviously squashed. At the time I was hoping to reschedule for October-ish, but that is out now, too. I now have no plans to go anywhere until early next year, and depending on how things are by then (Covid-wise) I might be canceling those trips, too. I'll feel a lot better about going places once there's a vaccine out. If this goes on for much longer I'm going to have to force my wife to learn Pai Gow.
Leaving in less than 24 hours. Cannot wait.I understand I wont be able to do much, but I am mostly a craps/slots player anyways.
Separate names with a comma.