Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Colesc15, Jul 6, 2020.
I would have gone if my airline would have flown me there, sadly i have had to re-book for next year
I canceled my flights/hotels last night. Wasn't feeling the trip and the 2 week quarantine when I returned. Trying again end of August.
LOL I'm the same way. The less I read Twitter, the better I feel.
My flight and Reservations are in points and Comps, so no last minute penalty when cancelling it all. Slated to fly out July 24, I will make my final decision on July 23. A part of me thinks the governor is going to shut down before this date, but who knows. I’m not concerned about the COVID aspect as I will follow all the safety rules, I’m more concerned about how lame it may be.
Just had to cancel my trip about 6 hours before due to a potential (albeit unlikely) covid exposure. I am now eyeing late July, but any plans made will be subject to last minute cancellation.
Realistically (or not) hoping for late fall.
due to my rosy working her salon 6/7 days a week, she is in high risk contact, thankfully she has been very strict in her policies for her and her employees, I love vegas etc.. and we did a small trip to winstar this saturday for a few hours.. we mostly mingled to ourselves and sanitized hands constantly,
for her that may be the only trip we take this year.
hopefully the rumors are true and a vaccine is in the pipes early 2021.
I know a guy that would be there that will buy you a beer.
We postponed our big trip from end of July to end of Nov now. We have 2 seniors in our group and a few of our travelers in their early 20s either have or have friends that have tested positive.
Is that when you're there? I'm not sure the DTG could handle us there at the same time my friend.
But I'll absolutely take you up on that and return the favor.
Thank you so much!!
Are you guys there between July 24 and July 29? @bull0120
fwiw i just finally booked my return airfare (SW) for later this month and prices were lower and there seemed to be more flights.
I picked, Yes I'm going. I have a trip planned early Sept. And Yes, is my answer today. However, that is subject to change. September seems like a long way off and many things can happen.
Sitting on a plane heading home from our July 4th trip! It was a blast!
Masks were well enforced, more so on the strip (with the exception of the Cosmopolitan).
Downtown was amazing.
Countdown to my August trip for my birthday celebration!!!
Dates are undecided. I am looking at flights now and am likely arriving on Sunday or Monday (26/27) and departing on Thursday (30th)
Good catch. I just checked SW from Columbus Oh and see the same. Whereas before they were only running maybe 1/2 their usual flights to Vegas and charging about 50%+ more, for the week I am considering and beyond they have opened up their entire schedule and rates have gone back down to the pre-Covid levels. That is probably a good sign.
I'll be arriving on the 29th. If you're still in town come on over to the DTG that night and we'll throw back a few!
We are flying out Saturday 7/11 for 4 nights at Aria. We were supposed to go in April so rescheduled to July.
Flight leaves at 3:25 PM on the 29th
Crap, crap, crap. Still on the fence, but then I see Nevada in bright red for spikes—I shouldn't watch the news.
But, here's the plan if I go. Driving south to visit my sister in central coast Cali (she's 75 and has been very careful—masks, distancing, groceries delivered, etc.) I plan on being very careful on the way down as well and although I usually stop overnight before getting to her, I will drive straight through and use gloves, mask wherever I stop. Couple nights of good food, good conversation and some wine. I usually like to visit old friends or go to dinner but not happening this time.
Then off to Vegas across Cali. I haven't been to Vegas since last November which marks my longest absence in over 30 years. Check in Wynn—room service and take out, BYOB; some sports book (should have MLB and NBA to bet on, hopefully, and racing at Del Mar, Saratoga—definitely opening an online betting account with Wynn), video poker, but probably no blackjack unless I think it's safe. One day to Charleston to hike to the Raintree and one day possible to Zion, although I think that's a trip to do at a different time, judging from the great feedback I got from this forum.
Of course, all could change and I could bail last minute. It seems that during the present situation, three weeks is an eternity.
I'm a week out and the uncertainty may drive me insane by next Wednesday lol. One second I'm canceling and road tripping to Iowa casinos, next minute I'm amped for Vegas. Sigh.
Separate names with a comma.