1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who's Had a Cabana - tell us about it!

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by DonnyC, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NebulaTig

NebulaTig Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we had a cabana at Flamingo it came with a bottle and your choice of mixers. That was a few years ago though.

We have one "booked" for Mirage in a few weeks. Apparently you can no longer book one, you are only put on a waiting list. I guess if we don't get one we'll spend our money across the street. :beer:

2. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I'd agree it does come across as a bit 'customer-servicey'. And it seems theres plenty of examples it seems of non-guests renting Cabana's. However its actually made me consider MC instead and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for them now.

3. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got another email from MGM:

"I am so sorry I double checked and they have changed the policy and I was not aware. If you rent a cabana you do not have to be a guest."

Seem's that has always been the case, covering her arse one thinks! Oh well love, just lost yerself a Cabana customer!! haha!

So how do people compare MGM Grand and MC for both their pool facilities and Cabanas?

4. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Mirage reserves their cabanas for their high rollers. You will most likely get a call the morning of the day you are on the waiting list for. The last time I did a cabana at Mirage, they called me the morning of and 1/5 of the cabanas remained empty throughout the day. This was the middle of August last year.

5. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have done both and MGM wins for the size of the complex vs MC.

Service wise was better for us at MC.

We did MC on a Saturday vs a Monday for MGM.

We did the executive cabana at MC which personally MGM's regular cabana doesn't compete.

6. bring_the_rukus

bring_the_rukus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have friends who at this very moment are in an MGM cabana and they are all staying at the Luxor. After i saw this thread i let them know about the f&b cost being the price of the cabana and they reserved last week for one. its costing them 400$ plus the gratuity/service fees. Its unfortunate that the information is saying two separate things. I wanted to come here though and confirm that right now this is not the case with my friends in las vegas.

7. owenmc60

owenmc60 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So many conflicting stories about MGM has really put me off. Including their own so called 'Head of Concierge" getting it wrong (looks like all email responses are signed off with this lady's name). MC it is for me I think! :beer:

8. celt

celt Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

that MGM cabana looks very poor to be honest. i was hoping to book one as a group of us are staying there in august but having 2nd thoughts after seeing this.

are they all like this or have you the option to pay abit more for better ?

thanks

9. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The cabanas were all the same. We were there on a Sunday in September and told we would be able to watch all the football games, unfortunately they meant some of them and we missed the patriots game which was disappointing. Our cabana was off with a group of others and the pool was quiet but after staying at MCs executive i would stay there in a heartbeat

10. jfiello

jfiello Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a cabana next Monday at the Wynn. I hope it's worth it...but who cares, I'm at the Wynn pool drinking beer!

I will let peeps know how it is...or isn't.

11. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The great thing about the Executive Cabana at Monte Carlo is that it holds up to 20! Most others are 4-6 or maybe up to 8.

Last year, it was $800 F&B min for the Executive (they only have 1). Keep in mind you have 30% taxes/gratuities on top of that...so basically $1,000. If you have a large group, that's pretty easy to hit in a day.

12. bolo1g2

bolo1g2 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had cabana 12 at Luxor last weekend. It was totally worth it. We were there from 9am til they kicked us out Friday and Saturday. Service all day and a nice spot between pools.

13. disasta

disasta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

I chuckled when i was there because the wading pool had a sign towards the back that says the limit of the pool is 54! We though about trying to see if we could fit that many but thought better of it.

14. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paris cabana

The cabanas at Paris ARE pretty far back, and the pool there is really not a party pool. I have never seen anything close to the scene in the second video! I would love to have a cabana there. Maybe I can get our host to hook us up!:beer:

15. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I cannot wait to my first Cabana Rental. I have one rented for a Sunday in August at Cosmo . 500 min food +bev + 21 percent gratuity and 8 percent tax

16. ajumn311

ajumn311 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just reserved our cabana at PHo for June 6th, at the all ages pool. $200 includes a liter of vodka and mixers. The 21+ pool was almost double the price, never really had an issue with too many people under 21 in Vegas so we figured it wasn't worth the extra $. Group of 5 Minnesota guys, still pasty from the never ending winter so we'll be happy to have a place out of the sun to recharge once in a while!

17. Redbirdjen44

Redbirdjen44 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've rented a cabana at Paris and loved it. We've also had cabanas at TI, Caesars, MGM and elsewhere. While the Paris pool is just a big circle/nothing special pool, a day hanging out in a cabana near a pool in vegas is much more about who you're with than what's going on with the pool 'scene' -- in my humble opinion. We had great friends from all over the country meet us, were able to chat and drink quite a bit with other Paris guests, and just had a blast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.