1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who from Hawaii relocated to Las Vegas?

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by Lulu4545, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to see who on this board is from Hawaii & has made the move to our favorite fun place.
    I've been looking to move for over 10 years but due to various family obligations I can't pull the trigger yet. My mom moved up there a couple years ago & other than the loneliness that she's experienced from being away from family & friends, she seems to like it.

What are your likes/dislikes about living in Vegas?

Rescheduled for the last time, hopefully...
    First-timer! So excite!
  2. Deevil

Deevil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Moved from the 808 in 2016. Aside from the obvious weather and lack of beaches, life isn't much different. Lots to see and do, from free activities to baller status outings. Still have the comfort food from home, even if the restaurants are different. Only things I don't like are the terrible drivers and the people don't live aloha like home.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lulu4545

Lulu4545 Super Jeans

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @Deevil How difficult was it to find work up there? I work in accounting & there seems to be a good amount of jobs in that field. I remember back in 2009 when I first began entertaining the idea of moving there wasn’t a lot of poke & local food available. Now it’s everywhere & I’m super excited, lol.

Rescheduled for the last time, hopefully...
    First-timer! So excite!
  4. Deevil

Deevil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on n the field. For you with an accounting background, it would be like you said, fairly easy to find a good job.

5. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my community of homes (57), I would say there are about 7 or so who came here from the Islands. Lots of cars still with Hawaii plates and stickers. You would be fine here and there's no mosquitoes.