1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Who flies southwest?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Bryan84, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What? You don't want to fly PDX->LAS->RNO? It's only an extra 3 hours!!!

2. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it makes me a little crabby to spend a whole day screwing around for what used to be an hour flight. I have not been back since they discontinued the direct flight.

Edit to add...then there's the fact the flight now costs double what it used to.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alaska flies direct from Portland to Reno. Price isn't that outrageous, really - low 200s if you book the right days

4. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me as well.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Walter W

Walter W Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If always travel in pair, companion pass is a huge deal, get two sw credit cards and use the companion pass for one and half years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wait until about 2 months out. Right now, they do not know if the flight will be full or not so they can charge the standard full price.

As it gets closer to the flight, about two months out they will have a clearer window of how many seats they actually have booked. They will adjust the prices accordingly at this point. Might of course go up but if it were me, i would be willing to roll the dice on it. I have never paid more with this strategy, I am not mr travel by any stretch but i also use the same thinking with booking rooms and it works with that as well.

Wait too long though and the prices will go back up as they know for certain how many seats they have left and can sell them to last minute people at a premium.

7. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get it for 2 years if you time it right under person X, then get it for the following two years under person Y. Just have to time the applications and spending right

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.