1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which type of trip report to you prefer?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BlackJackLady, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whichever have the most pictures! Best way for me to live vicariously...

2. darlene

darlene Low-Roller

I enjoy both, I like the vicarious thrill of the daily updates and also the more in-depth after the fact recaps. The more pictures the better.

3. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems like the younger, party-hardy members are the ones that post live. The older members prefer after trip reports and pictures.

4. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm old.. The problem with post tr's for me is I forget the details. Shoot I can't even remember what I had for breakfast so I do it live. The reason I'm doing them at all is really for all of you. As I said earlier I like living vicariously through your tr's so i give back. But shoot after reading this I might have to reconsider.

5. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No - you need to continue to do live reports!! I think the number of views reflect that your live reports and others live reports are extremely popular. I think there is a difference in a trip report from a high roller than someone like me. For example when you are playing something and have thousands of dollars at risk on one hand/roll etc and you are posting about it live, we are all living your rush - at least I am. BUT - say you are me and I am playing "stinkin rich" at $2 a spin my live report would be quite boring for the most part. I would be reporting "put $20 in and lost it, or put $20 in and took out $40" But at the end if I said "Monday I played slots - had a bankroll of $300 ended up with $800 at the end of the day. I had a great run on "stinkin rich" put in $20 and took out $300 from a good bonus" and then went on to define the winning day it would be an okay trip report.

6. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I generally like all trip reports as long as there is detail, be it detail on food, gambling, shows, etc. The short ones that have no detail I just can't get in to, hard to live vicariously through somebody if its just a quickie point form note trip report...

7. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All trip reports are good. The post trip ones are generally easier to read, but each type have their merits.

8. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer reading retrospective trip reports. Live trip reports are just too fragmented to keep my attention.

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read both, but I prefer all inclusive vs live. I sometimes forget to follow along with the live.

10. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the oldtimers kicking in man. :evillaugh

I've done both. But, I normally do a live one, so I don't leave out anything. Only problem I had last time was it was harder doing it with a group of us going everywhere. But, I do tend to put in more pics in a live one.

11. hoochiemama

hoochiemama Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy reading the live ones. Mainly because I feel like I can keep up :). It keeps me entertained a few days.

Although I have enjoyed writing the long post trip reports. It helps me relive the trip plus I enjoy reading them before the next trip. When I'm live I take brief notes on my phone to help remember some details, etc.

12. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the the full trip reports after the trip.

13. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really don't have a preference, since I usually end up reading either thread after it's fully complete. Live reports can be fun because the details are fresh in the poster's mind. After the fact can be better because you have time to sit down in comfort and put it together versus entering it on your phone in your hotel room.

I used to take notes.

14. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I prefer after the fact reports, reading and writing them. Maybe because I have a pretty good memory, even after all the partying. I like to personally reflect on the trip as well. I feel like doing a live one would take away from my enjoyment of the trip itself. I've started outlines and beginnings on the plane back but typing out a TR days or weeks later is part of the fun, extending the vacation almost. A few photos in mine would definitely enhance my TRs, but if I can let the words convey the experience, I feel my pics would only detract from the story. Maybe next time I'll add a few photos. Good discussion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.