1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots Which slot strategy works best

Discussion in 'Slots' started by luckydude, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luckydude

luckydude Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that slot machine spins are determined by RNG's and that winning is a matter of being on the right slot machine at the right time which is pure luck. However, I know two avid slot players that argue that their slot strategy is better than the other. Player A puts in $20.00 and leaves if they loose it quickly due to what they perceive as a cold machine. She will then start over with $20.00 in another slot machine. Player B will stay at the same slot machine for long periods of time figuring it will hit sooner or later. Player B definitely wins more than player A.

Listening to these two have these discussions for several years now made me wonder if there has ever been an analysis of these two methods to see if statistically one method outperforms the other. Are any of you aware of such analysis?

2. pultzar

pultzar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you assume they were playing machines with the same payback and betting exactly the same amount each spin, the strategies are equal since every spin you have the same % chance to win for that initial $20. Statistically over the long term, the person who plays less, loses less so if you wanted to declare a "better" strategy, I guess I would take the person who moves machine to machine with the assumption they are playing less overall.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.