1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which MyVegas buffets?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ryan25, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan25

Ryan25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was wondering which buffets are good. We are going next week and wanted to know which ones to hit or to miss. Also what are the differences before lunch and dinner? For the ones that serve crab legs, is it only at dinner? Any advice would be nice.
    Thanks

2. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as breakfast, we have done Bellagio, Aria mostly and both were fine. Monte Carlo not so much.

3. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Deleted....it's funny, I originally responded to this question as a myvegas response, then couldn't find it in the question afterwards so re-wrote it. Didn't think to look for it in the title.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  4. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which MyVegas buffets

5. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somebody else can confirm but I believe Aria has crab legs 24-7,

We do the Aria breakfast every year and love it. Lots to choose from. We are doing the Aria lunch and dinner MyVegas this year.

We always do the Mirage as well mostly for the free beer and wine and that we tend to hang out there more than anywhere else. It's pretty much standard food nothing over the top but not bad. People complain about the lack of deserts but I'm not a big sweet eater. I believe they had crab legs at dinner last year.

Been to Mandalay for lunch and I wasn't a huge fan but my wife enjoyed it.

6. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MB buffet is usually very good and has a room with 'windows'! Makes a huge difference.

GG

• Like Like x 1
  7. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought after I posted that the room was pretty nice. We had a nice corner table if I recall or a table at the window and it was a really nice setting. I may have been buffeted out when we there.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is our favorite. Mirage is decent. We thought Bellagio was a bit too exotic for us for dinner. MGM wasn't very good in our experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. justdeb

justdeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm probably one of the few who didn't care for the Bellagio buffet. we got it thru MyVegas, so it was BOGO. Went for lunch. the food was just so-so. not very many choices
    for a carving station. This was in June so i'm hoping it changed.

i used MyVegas for a free dinner Buffet at the Mirage. I was pleased with it. neat, clean, lots of food choices. Big room too.

10. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We hit Aria and Bellago regularly with myvegas, we've enjoyed both. We don't go crazy for them like we do with Wicked Spoon (Cosmo), but they've always been solid.

People may throw peanuts at me for this, as I've read other's that like it, but the buffet that shocked us was MGM over lunch. It was awful, izzys awful. Maybe it was a bad day, but the roast beef was dry and overcooked (brown, not even pink), the pasta was spongy where you cook it way too long, and everything tasted procesed and flat yucky. I expect any buffet to have some good dishes and some not so good, but there literally was not one dish we enjoyed. Maybe the cook was quitting that day and it was his revenge to MGM! :) Ok, sorry for MGM rant, but I'm still mad about that meal, and I'm pretty low maintenance.

If you're on a budget, I'd suggest do a nicer buffet over lunch than a lesser buffet over dinner. The price will be about the same, but the quality way better!

First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother Daughter Tower Suite!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. irmster

irmster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have an Excalibur brunch buffet from MV for my upcoming trip, as nothing else was available.

From my one previous Excalibur buffet experience, it will be more nutritious eating the coupon.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Drewby2b

Drewby2b Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any buffets that don't require an MGM prop stay?

Woohoo!
  13. shokhead

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2for1 don't.

14. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As hard as it was to get the MC buffet earlier this year, I was vastly disappointed. However, as with any free buffet, I'll find something decent to eat. Not much there, but I found something. Luxor was better, IMO. I had brunch at Bellagio, and have to say the experience was slightly overrated. The "unch" portion was good enough, but I wasn't feeling the breakfast part at all. Stayed at MB twice, but can't remember having their buffet. No MGM or Excal, either.

So, personally, my go-to myVegas buffets are Aria and Mirage. Can't go wrong with either, especially Mirage for overall value.

15. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree completely. MGM not so much, Aria and Bellagio both good choices.

16. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done Bellagio, mgm, mirage and mandalay bay , all from myvegas.

My standards are pretty low keep in mind,

To be hinest, I really was sort of turned off by Bellagio. First of all the line is a cluster and slow and long even if you have head of the line. It just seems like a regular buffet in a decent room. They did have buffalo meat and a restroom inside the buffet area so that was a plus. i would not have paid to go, maybe bogo but not full price.

mgm was cheapo.

mirage had booze so i liked that but was sort of lack luster, not muh personality.

really enjoyed mandalay bay. booze, nice relaxing room that was not packed, windows with a garden type view. Smaller selection but it was tasty and had what i liked. this was far and away my favorite.

17. Ryan25

Ryan25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you every body. Where we are from we don't get crab legs expect red lobster. We wanted a time for just crab legs, who has the best, dinner or lunch? We will be trying out mb buffet at least once, and maybe 2 or more.

18. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Izzy's awful??? Wow you Oregonian you... and you are right, Izzys has gone downhill.

19. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha!!!! Dang it someone busted my incognito "west coast" heading.

First time in Tahoe!!!
    Mother Daughter Tower Suite!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. dreric

dreric Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL Yep!!! I eat at the mothership of Izzy's.... only reason to go now is the steak pieces.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.