1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which Cirque du Soleil show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Disney Fan, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, if you had to pick only one Cirque du Soleil show for a coiuple of 21 year old Vegas virgins, which one would it be and why ?? Thanks for any help...

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMHO, Ka, because it has a storyline and a unique feature (the moving platforms)

From the wiki:

" is a show by Cirque du Soleil at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada. describes the story as "the coming of age of a young man and a young woman through their encounters with love, conflict and the duality of , the fire that can unite or separate, destroy or illuminate."

Unless, they are die-hard fans of the Beatles or Michael Jackson in which the answers would be Love or MJ One, respectively.

Another NGO trip. QQQQ/NYNY
  3. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you picked Ka as my daughter picked that one to, plus they are staying at the signature at MGM Grand so close to the showroom...

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our 20 - something kids have been to LOVE twice and none of the others.

Michael Jackson maybe.

If you are in that 5% that love Chris Angel, then go there, otherwise steer clear.

MEANWHILE - ou mention Vegas Virgins but you show 28 trips.. maybe this is for your daughter and friend?

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Criss Angel but his show is bad. I'm a Beatles fan but was underwhelmed with Love. Over hyped IMHO. I liked Zumanity but it's very raunchy (but less so than Absinthe, which is the better show).

6. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about O or Le Reve?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Le Reve isn't a "Cirque" show per se, but imo, that and "O" are the best shows of that nature on the strip.

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Happygirl21

Happygirl21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not Ka. Just sayin'..

My boy's 21st Birthday count down is on!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen O, Mystere, and Ka. Mystere is my favorite out of all those.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with Dailun. Wife and I hated Ka. It seems there's no middle-ground for Ka, people either love or hate it.

Our favorite is Beatle's Love, wife and I have seen it four times. Our son is 21, has seen it twice and likes it.
    We saw Michael Jackson One a week ago today. I liked it a lot, my wife liked it but not as much as me.
    I loved Mystere but my opinion might be biased since it was our first Cirque show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Niteshade

Niteshade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved Mystere, enjoyed O, but basically it comes down to what
    people like. Some love KA, some hate it, Some love Mystere, some hate it.
    You could go on the internet and look them up to get more info on them. Then
    go from there. Ask them what they like. If they are fans of MJ - go there - if they
    love the Beatles - go there, if they like acrobatics - pick one of those like Mystere
    or O. Everyone is different. I hope they have fun whatever you decide - so much
    fun taking newbies to stuff. See it through their eyes again.
    Have fun!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Disney Fan

Disney Fan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So sorry, yes my wife and I have been a bunch so this is the first trip to Vegas for our daughters who are now 21...Decisions, decisions...

13. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mystere was the original on the strip and it's still a good option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "O" might be boring for a 21 year old. KA has lots of action which would be more to the liking of a 21 year old. It is so hard to say. Our then 25 year old totally loved those Motown Guys that all us old folks were reminiscing about.

15. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Ka, for all of the reasons Dai Lun suggested. I really enjoyed it. I would say it is the most "linear" of all of the Cirque shows I have seen.

16. Rick K

Rick K Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We haven't seen all the Cirque shows, by any means. But of the ones we have, they all have a, shall we say, thin plot line, but the acrobatics are great. We liked O but there's so much going on in, around, and above the water that it can be hard to take it all in. I like Love best, and my wife liked it a lot, too. I guess I'd blindly recommend KA. It was fun and maybe it was the origin of the "climbing wall."

17. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Mystere, Ka and O. In that order. I never wanted to bother with a Cirque show but my wife was relentless so I suggested that we see a Cirque show. I was really impressed with Mystere. I had no clue what was happening as far as story line goes, but I was really impressed with all the acrobatics. I could follow Ka's story line and the acrobatics were pretty good but the stage was really impressive. O was really good. I enjoyed the cheap humor of the clowns but I'm a dad and dad's love corny humor, I'm not sure how 21 year old girls would take it, but that isn't the focal point of the show. For me it is a coin flip between Mystere and O.

18. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  19. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd start with Mystere. It's a solid, basic Cirque show. If you start with a high production show like Ka or O, Mystere will disappoint, at least that was my experience.

20. roycpa

roycpa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming they haven't seen any Cirque shows anywhere else, Mystere is the best bargain and great general cirque type entertainment. We've seen them all except O and really enjoyed most of them. Our only exception was the MJ one, which we nearly walked out of. Of course we're old enough to be your daughters' grandparents. We really liked KA, as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.