1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where would you stay for a week with $2000 budget?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Rbroz, Jun 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cosmo for me! Great vibe and great drink service!

2. bigalbr

bigalbr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first thought was a suite at a mid-tier property. I checked Flamingo with no TR card. 7 days/6 nights in a Deluxe Suite (1200-1600 sq ft.) for $1571.36 including tax and resort fee. If I were going to spend big money on a room, I'd go for the biggest possible room at my price point versus a lesser room at a better property.

3. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would stay at a standard Aria room and use the rest for gambling. How much better than an Aria standard room does someone really need?

• Like Like x 1
  4. chiil1974

chiil1974 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, if I was there for a full week I would probably split my time between two properties. In July, I would also factor in the pool as well. i would go for Aria for part of the time and maybe a property I have never stayed at but wanted to try (in my case that would be MGM Grand). Some people hate to repack to spend 20 minutes in transit, but I like to break up the trip a bit. ADDED- Just saw you made your decision three days ago. Now you have my two cents for the next time this comes up for you! Aria, good choice. Have fun.

5. caretaker77

caretaker77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is an interesting question but a hard one to answer as I don't know what levels you like to play at and what your bankroll is aside from the $2k. That's a generous budget though and if I'm spending 6-8 hours a night in a room and have a gambling/entertainment budget set aside, I'd shop the dates and look for the a good value at a top end place like Cosmo/Bellagio/Aria, etc.

6. Kkirk777

Kkirk777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage is a nice option. And if you gamble where you stay, use your players card and at the end ask them to rate you, maybe com your room. You might get lucky and the room maybe not be as much as you think! Worked for me.

7. Drc517

Drc517 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a personal choice, bottom line is where you'll be happy. We're all there to enjoy. If you'll be happy squeezing every $$ out of your room budget to increase bank roll, then go ahead. If you'll enjoy a fancy hotel then do so. As mentioned, prices fluctuates but generally speaking on an average day with no big convention or event, 2K is about enough for 6-7 nights on a standard room on most fancy hotels in the strip if I recall it right (less four seasons and mandarin oriental). Do consider the location, crowd and loyalty program you want to be with. I usually stay at the Cromwell- boutique victorian style, center of strip, younger crowd, but that's my preference and where I enjoy the most after trying several fancy hotels when I started Vegas. I did pay long time ago but now I'll feel bad paying anything for rooms.

8. Jackpot Johnny

Jackpot Johnny Wynn Fan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo or Treasure Island are well located and terrific values.

9. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kind of lean towards the idea of spending the weekend someplace cheap and the rest of the trip at the Cosmo. Of course, that would depend on the dates. Would be kind of annoying to move three times in seven days if the weekend is in the middle of your trip. If you want to pick one place, I am fond of the Mirage and you could probably do an upgrade over a standard room.

10. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rent a timeshare resort room on eBay or home away. You should be able to get a very nice 2br suite for a week for about $1000, maybe less if you are aggressive in searching. Timeshare presentation not required, although they Will ask you. Just give a polite but firm "no, thank you".
    It doesn't include daily housekeeping but it is really nice to have a full kitchen. Eating out every meal can get old after a few days.
    Wyndham grand desert is very nice, on koval ln. If you want to be on the strip, try Elara, signature, veer tower, etc

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  11. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How is it that someone is willing to blow 2k on a room they use only for sleeping but can't figure where to stay? Wouldn't it make sense to look for a place that meets your needs first?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.