1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where would you play?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tatertot, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I heading to Vegas for 3 nights comped (Monte Carlo) on an offer from my local gaming outfit, Pinnacle Entertainment. I typically split my action between them and am starting to visit my local CET outfit, but haven't gone in a long time.

I plan on heading back to Vegas in a month with my wife for our anniversary and am trying to judge where I should best spend my gaming time if trying to maximize my value for the return trip from a comp perspective. My CET calendar already has comp rooms available at the lower end properties for next month (even though I haven't been to a CET property in a couple years), but I haven't been to an Mlife place in 4-5 years and have never been to Cosmo/TI/etc.

I am just trying to figure out if it is best to leave the MC and head over to PHo and play for CET action, or try something like Cosmo to build up some rapport. Not sure what is best - input is appreciated!

2. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that, for the higher end CET properties in Vegas, they seem to want to see some decent play over a couple of visits before most nights there are comped. That being said, it doesn't take that long for your play to change the rate calendar. Sometimes just a couple of days. Might hit Planet Hollywood hard one day and stay away otherwise.

3. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll try that. I get in late on Thursday, so maybe Friday I will stick to Aria/Monte Carlo and Saturday I willl spend my time at Planet Hollywood and Paris and see what happens.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria is pretty tight on comps... just sayin.

5. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not looking for comps from Aria that day, their BJ rules are just more advantageous than what I would find at MC and is the closest walk and haven't been there so looking forward to that.

6. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My understanding is you are not allowed to combine your Pinnacle Vegas offer with an offer directly from Mlife. That becomes an incentive to not play at Mlife properties because you're essentially just recreating an offer you already have. Because of that, if it were me I'd play Cosmo and use that for a return offer and then if you have a 3rd trip in say spring of '18 you can use your Pinnacle benefit again.

Same concept applies somewhat for CZR. Play at home to generate Vegas room offers and save your Vegas play for properties that are independent like Cosmo.

7. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vetsen, so since the current Pinnacle trip doesn't benefit them at all (only Mlife), but it isn't on an Mlife comp really, do you think my Mlife play has any effect on the Pinnacle comps for vegas in the future? Do they relay the play information back to Pinnacle for the future? Or are these Pinnacle offers solely based on Pinnacle play, so I could literally sleep at the MC and never play a penny there and have zero effect on future offers? I would love to give the Cosmo a run.

8. vetsen

vetsen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No. Pinnacle Vegas comps are based on your Pinnacle tier.

Preferred: 3 nights, $150 resort credit $100 freeplay
    Elite: 3 nights, $225rc, $200fp
    Owners Club: 3 nights suite, $600rc, $500fp, airport limo, show tickets

I suppose there's an outside chance that if you totally stiffed them they might give you a hard time about using it again in the future but I'd be really surprised.

9. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET will give you offers based on your total play at any property and give out the lower properties with minimal play. Mlife is more property specific and Cosmo, V/P, Wynncore are entirely property specific since they basically have one property each. If you are going to play at the higher end properties other than CET make sure your play (you didn't state your daily play) will get on their radar otherwise you will be wasting your time as far as future offers are concerned.

10. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a blackjack player that will throw some money through slot machines in my free time. On an average day, I will play 6-7 hours of Blackjack at $50-75/hand average, and I usually allocate $200-300 available for slots on a given day.

11. annbrown57

annbrown57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About 4 years ago I used my Pinnacle offer at Mirage, went to the Ultimate Texas Hold Em table game and the pit boss wouldn't even rate me because i was playing nickels - still $20-$35 a hand. It's nothing to the Mirage, but I usually play 4-6 hours a day - sure adds up. I picked up my money and headed out to CET properties each of my 3 days. Wrote them a letter and they said I should probably visit Excalibur or Luxor to get my level of play rated (this was before they started scanning player's cards at the tables). Each year I check in,and head across the street.

I have my 4th Pinnacle trip scheduled next month and never give them but about $100 in VP on top of the Pinnacle freeplay. Has never affected the Pinnacle offer.

Have a great trip!

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds good if your still getting comped rooms.

13. annbrown57

annbrown57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, free room, free play and resort credit.

14. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome, this is the sort of info I was looking for.

15. Colesc15

Colesc15 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where can you view the comp calendar?

16. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Login to the total rewards website at totalrewards.com , click Book Now at the top of the screen to start a reservation. Select where you want to go (Las Vegas for instance), and the time period, and it will pull up a calendar on the right side of the screen with all their vegas properties and a month calendar of your rate by property. Some may say COMP or may have a daily rate. You can book well out into the future, and once you book it is locked in and cannot change (I believe).

17. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What he said! ^^^^

18. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tip for Mid and low rollers (not sure if it helps others) but when looking at the calendar rates on CET you can often improve the rate/comps by entering in a companions total rewards number regardless of their level of play. Important Note: Your companion MUST be with you at check in or they won't give you the room at that rate. My wife has a CET card that she barely plays on (plays on mine the rest of the time) just for this purpose.

19. annbrown57

annbrown57 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tater,

FYI - Preferred and Elite Pinnacle tier's now have a notice on the Ameristar site that effective 4/1/17 these tiers MAY incur the resort fee at the Las Vegas hotels, only Owner's Club tier will still be exempt. I booked back in early March (I'm Preferred tier) but I will have pics of the screen handy to question if they try to add on. My reservation says nothing about the resort fee which has never been charged on the prior year's trips.. The effective date doesn't specify if the 4/1 applies to the date the reservation is made or is used.

Guess we shall see next month what happens - that would take a hunk out of the resort credit really cutting down on the offer's benefits. I'm DIamond Aspirations II at CET so everything is "free" (cough, cough) at their properties.

Higher tiers - the result of both boats being between my office and home on evenings that traffic messes up:nono:

20. Tatertot

Tatertot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ann,

My trip starting tomorrow at the MC is subject to resort fees. I took a year off from gambling and had zero Pinnacle TCs, but still got the vegas offer and had no problem booking it with a week's notice. I will have to pay the ridiculous $35/day or whatever, but hoping to have it either taken off on the back-end, or maybe the $20 trick will do the trick at check in.

Based on others recommendations, I think I am going to continue to focus my play on CET properties and spend a decent amount of time at the Cosmo. My local property of choice is Pinnacle (although CET is just as close) so I assume those offers will continue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.