1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

where to stay in vegas for winter

Discussion in 'Living in Sin (City that is)' started by tom, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    looking at renting condo for 60 days, safe, nice areas to rent?? vegas country club for example, others??

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    there are only a few that will let u rent for less than 6 months or a year. so keep that in mind when looking.most of the nice ones have a minium.

i know palms and the signiture dont.
    so probaly want to see wich ones do i think that will help u exclude most.

3. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    southwest? got it

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    but thats not on or near the strip

6. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was on/near the Strip a mandate? I didn't see that.

7. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tom, as Other Tom did, try a service like VRBO, and then go from there. Or maybe Trulia or Realtor.com??? You have a sense for Vegas and where you'd like to be, then search geographically. Good luck.

8. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i like by vegas country club, does not have to be on strip just a safe nice area

9. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On VRBO you can search by "Vegas County Club" you should know that is not the safest area IMHO. Convention Center UNLV and strip can make this a very congested area. I personally would not want to be in the middle of that for a couple months, but if you like it that's all that matters.

Check link below for crime patterns for different areas.
    http://www.crimemapping.com/map/nv/lasvegas

TomTWI

• Like Like x 1
  10. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    any suggestions on other areas

11. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're going to need to do some leg work. Find a place that looks good on the Web sites mentioned then crosscheck with the crime stats. That's how I found what I wanted.

I only know the southwest area well. Summerlin is nice as are parts of Henderson. It's a big city with lots of nice and not so nice areas. Once you narrow it down come back and we can tell you what we know about the area.

Good Luck

TomTWI

12. vegasbound

vegasbound VIP Whale

I enjoyed living in the Southwest I think it's gotten a bit congested in recent years, but still convenient to most everything. I've been in the Silverado Ranch area for the past three years. I prefer it to more desirable areas like Green Valley or Summerlin, but still with all the conveniences and traffic isn't quite as bad - yet.

The Northwest is typically good for more bang for your buck, but I'd avoid the area for the next few years. Project Neon will have traffic snarled coming and going to the strip/airport. South East has been tricky too for closures on 215/airport connectors.

13. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we will be at Harrahs (where we always stay) for 5 days in march. i can get on vegas country club so i like that but, if we were to stay for 60 days would want to be somewhere safe and peacefull. wife likes the sun, i like golf and can play anywhere, maybe pool access for her any suggestions let me know and thank you guys!!!

14. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For a 2 months rental, you may want to search for furnished apts on Craigslist, postlets, apartments.com, zillow, etc, or maybe house sitting opportunities or sublets. All the caveats regarding location cited above apply. Las Vegas has a large transient / desperate population and consequently some very sketchy neighborhoods.

15. ken2v

ken2v Wear a mask

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What you are seeing here is that you are not going to get many recommendations for specific developments. I'd make a checklist of what is important -- location/proximity to _____, crimes stats (though they still are only stats), neighborhood amenities, development amenities, high-rise or low-, transit options other than car if needed, etc. As noted several times, Vegas has become a huge sprawling metro, you can find good and bad anywhere but good is more likely to appear in Summerlin or the Henderson foothills than two blocks off the Strip.

How well do you know town? Does anything jump out? Or if it just needs to be LVCC then the first part of your search is done.

16. tom

tom Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i know the town a bit. will have a car, Ive been in Summerlin nice area, would jump around to play golf anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.