1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where do you park at airport?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by AcesFull72, Jun 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesFull72

AcesFull72 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For all those that fly to Vegas or anywhere for that matter, where to you park your car when you fly? Anyone that flies out of Midway in Chicago, your responses would be really helpful because that is where we are flying from next week. Parking at the airport will run us nearly $100 for the time we are gone.

2. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many days? Obviously the economy lot at $14/day is going to be the best official airport parking.

If you want to save a little, there is a well reviewed lot called Midway Park, Ride & Fly. Once you exit at Cicero, you make a right at the first major light and go down about a mile and there is a lot on your right. Well protected, you give your prepaid reservation to the gate agent, they tell you what aisle to park, the shuttle bus will literally follow you to your car and help with luggage if you need it. The bus driver will give you a little slip giving you the phone number to text or call when you get back (along with the space you are parked). Every time I have come back they are usually already there.

Make sure to use a coupon, there is usually one on the main page!

http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/mdw-chicago-midway-airport-parking/

http://www.yelp.com/biz/midway-park-ride-and-fly-chicago-2

3. nuggetboy

nuggetboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might check with the hotels around the airport for park n fly packages or free parking after a stay.
    I've never flown out of Chicago but here in Atlanta there are several hotels that will let you leave your car in their lot for as long as 14 days if you spend the night. I get a room on the night of my departure for $80-90 and get over $170 worth of free parking. Since I live almost 2 hours from the airport, we always spend the departure night at the airport.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry, not answering your question, but here in Milwaukee, the airport parking is $13 per day. We park at an independent, off airport location and they just recently raised their price from $5 to $6 per day. Free shuttle included.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Locally, I use Fast Park & relax (it's a national chain but I don't see any Chicago locations....)

I get a discount because of where I work, but anyone can rack up points toward free days - which we do. They're great! My mom - a consultant who flies every week and has her parking paid for if she wants to use the expensive lots next to the terminal - uses them as well - she likes the perks (also get a car wash and cold bottled water when you leave....it's the little things:peace:)

My in-laws have done the hotel/free parking thing too (thank goodness, because their alternative is to get their son - my husband - to drive them to the airport at 3 am and pick them up at midnight....)

6. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last trip, I used http://midwayparksaver.com/. It's right across from the Orange line terminal so you can walk into the airport complex from the lot. It's not a choice if you are hauling a ton of luggage, though, because they don't offer shuttle service to the terminal.

7. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i park in the economy lot at Ontario.. and its 9 bucks a day..

8. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always park in short term parking. Why? Because it's close to the terminal and I park on the same parking level in the same section.
    That way I don't have to look for my car when I come home. Sure it cost extra $$ but I chalk it up to the over-all cost of a vacation.

9. KnowItAll

KnowItAll VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One tip - leave cash to pay for the parking in your car to pay when you return. Nothing worse then going broke in Vegas and your car is stuck with no funds and CC maxed out. :)

10. brownies95

brownies95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always park in the lot closest to the terminal.

Tim:peace:

11. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably not practical at Midway, but I do the car service or shuttle door to terminal. You'd be surprised how close it is to the parking fees. Best part is starting your vacation earlier - as soon as you leave your house. I don't have to pay attention to traffic, finding a spot to park etc. It is even better on the return when you are dead tired and out of the airport in a blink. You can even doze on the way home. I have a CC on file with the company I use so set up is just entering my flight times on the web.

12. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    valet parking at Nashville Airport- yes its expensive and I love it!

13. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've looked into this, but thought it was too much. A shared ride shuttle from our house to terminal is $70 each, one way and if you want a private shuttle that is $132 each, one way. Off airport parking with a shuttle to the terminal, costs $6 per day. I just have to drive the 30+ miles each way.

14. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

For past 10 years, I've been using www.midwayparksaver.com. Website will provide cost-savings coupon.
    It's a bit of a hike to terminal, but at least a shuttle runs gets you back to entrance of the lot (and also back to your car).
    This location is cheaper than regular Midway parking rates.

15. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It cost me 42 dollars to park in the economy lot in Milwaukee for 6 days. They have shuttles every 10 minutes, But I have never had to wait for one. They usually help me find an open spot...then load my bags and drop me off curbside at my airline. Very friendly and helpful. Gets the vacation off on a great start.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.