1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where Are You Spending Christmas?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Oct 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

    VegasGroove VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2009
    Messages:
    2,935
    Location:
    3H-45M Away
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    57
    Home or . . . ?

    I am spending Christmas in AZ, which will be a welcome change from COLD Illinois!

    I am a bit apprehensive due to C-19. But if travel is still open, I will PPE-up, bite the bullet and go.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Marky147

    Marky147 VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2009
    Messages:
    4,987
    Location:
    England
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    14
    Vegas, hopefully.

    If not, will be home with the family (UK)
     
    HGS at the Bay!
    Circa Shenanigans!!
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Texas Steph

    Texas Steph A Work in Progress...

    Joined:
    Jan 10, 2016
    Messages:
    753
    Location:
    Houston, Tx
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    20
    Vegas!! [emoji2]
    This will be our first Christmas AND New Year's Day there, can't wait!!
     
    • Like Like x 5
  4. SMG

    SMG VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2018
    Messages:
    1,514
    Location:
    Chicago, IL
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    47
    Most likely, I'll be staying home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years this year. I've never visited Vegas over these holidays, but I wouldn't mind doing Vegas over Christmas, maybe next year depending on how things go.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  5. smartone

    smartone VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2011
    Messages:
    8,823
    Location:
    Northern Nevada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    235
    Right here at home in beautiful N. Nevada.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bshowell

    bshowell VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2004
    Messages:
    3,920
    Location:
    DMV
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    Probably in Philly as usual. Sister should have her twins by then.
     
    I'll be in California and Vegas is like...right THERE. So...
    • Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Sonya

    Sonya Queen of VMB

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 1999
    Messages:
    39,429
    Location:
    Western Washington
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    25
    Home. Every year someone from Dan's department has to be on call. This year it's his turn.

    Last year was spent in Vegas with so many friends. This year will pale in comparison.
     
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  8. ken2v

    ken2v This Space For Rent

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    27,803
    Location:
    A nice place
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    110
    Presently scheduled for NOLA but that might change to the PNW.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mgugs46

    mgugs46 Tourist

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2010
    Messages:
    70
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    1
    Plan right now is Vegas 12/22-12/28
     
    • Like Like x 1
  10. breanna61

    breanna61 Super Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2008
    Messages:
    13,413
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    118
    Hopefully Vegas. Last year was the first Christmas we spent in Vegas and hoped it would be our new tradition.

    If not Vegas, home and probably just hubby and I and the pups.
    Family is spread around the country and COVID has made gathering a challenge for various reasons.

    I like to tell myself it will be Christmas at Cosmo but time will tell.
     
    Christmas at Cosmo
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vegas superfan

    vegas superfan VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Sep 14, 2010
    Messages:
    1,892
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    30
    I have no clue.

    I was planning to go to Croatia/Serbia/Montenegro for a month or two since they are allowing Americans in. Then I realized my passport is expiring. I have to see if I can get a new one on time. If not, Vegas is open. But I would really rather be living in an Air BnB on the water in Europe.
     
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  12. Hockeylade

    Hockeylade Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2019
    Messages:
    152
    Location:
    Chicago by Birth, NorCal by circumstance
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    36
    Plans are to be in sweet home Chicago, followed by New Years on the slopes in Tahoe.

    Contingency plans are to head to Cabo or Punta de Mita.

    Doomsday scenario is we're stuck at home in CA where my wife and I will take turns beating our sons with their hockey sticks. Ok, so this one is a bit of an exaggeration, I would never risk breaking a stick off the ice

    Plans subject to change based on whatever is open and most normal. The one silver lining in this whole Covid shitshow is that there is no change fees on plane tickets
     
    • Funny Funny x 2
  13. mdee

    mdee VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2010
    Messages:
    2,344
    Location:
    Orlando
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    37
    I've been told the fake tree is going up this year.
    Other than that we have no plans due to Covid19.
     
  14. Mudhen

    Mudhen Always in Dutch

    Joined:
    May 1, 2018
    Messages:
    1,229
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    1
    At home.
     
  15. westexrancher

    westexrancher Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2010
    Messages:
    323
    Location:
    Edmonson, Tx.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    25
    Wynn 12-25, 12-30. I cant wait.
     
  16. MawBoi

    MawBoi Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2020
    Messages:
    154
    Location:
    Idaho
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    12
    A resort in Montana .
     
    • Like Like x 1
  17. LolaDoggie

    LolaDoggie VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2009
    Messages:
    4,299
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Probably working.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. BlacklabberMike

    BlacklabberMike MIA

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2014
    Messages:
    5,375
    Location:
    Where's Ware?
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    25
    99% chance of home,but that 1% is for Santa to deliver and early present trip to the Holy Land in Nevada
     
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Richard Alpert

    Richard Alpert LOST

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2015
    Messages:
    9,952
    Location:
    The Island
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    14
    We will be in our Wisconsin winter wonderland. :santa:

    The minions are excited as it's the only time of year--Christmas Eve at my folks' place-- that all of their cousins are in the same place.

    RICHARD
     
    • Love Love x 1
  20. bull0120

    bull0120 VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2014
    Messages:
    1,367
    Location:
    Virginia
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    30
    Work, as always. Haha people are a little crazy during the holidays, so I'll just sit back and make money rather than deal with all of that. I just play it off like I'm the good guy and say "Well, my employees want to be with their kids or grandkids. I don't have to worry about that so I'm happy to work so they can be with their family."

    3 weeks later I use Christmas, New Years, and MLK for a paid 5 day ski vacation with my buddies, who all do the same thing as I do during the holidays.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.