1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When staying on the strip how do delivery services like uber eats, postmates, and doordash work?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas for the Frugal (not Cheap)' started by romeocasido, Jan 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romeocasido

romeocasido Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rather than going to the walgreens on the strip and loading up on over priced toiletries and drinks and snacks is it possible to use app delivery services? like uber eats, postmates, and doordash. Do they deliver to your room or do you meet them at self parking?

Veterans Day Weekend
  2. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tried ordering through Grubhub from a Vietnamese restaurant not terribly far away from Luxor, where we were staying. 10 minutes after ordering I received a call from Grubhub customer service telling me the restaurant had nobody that could deliver my order and they had to cancel. I really felt they just didn't want to come to the Strip and deliver. Obviously that's one attempt from one place, but it definitely turned me off from trying again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's no way ubereats drivers are going to park and bring food to your room. You're paying, what, a $5 delivery fee? Maybe - MAYBE - you could get someone to meet you at the uber/lyft pickup/dropoff spot. That's the absolute best you could hope for. Even that might be wishcasting.

Football Weekend
    • Like Like x 1
  4. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

They’ll meet you in the valet area. It’s a pain in the butt though. The one time I tried it at Encore, traffic was so bad I waited for about 40 minutes. I could have walked to the Walgreens by Venetian and been back in that time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.