1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When do you plan on returning?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by pressitagain, Dec 14, 2020.

1. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally see some light. Looking and booking around early May. I plan on getting the vaccine shots and masking up. Not perfect but better than what it’s been...

When do you plan on returning to Vegas?

• Like Like x 2
  2. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Memorial Day. If I can get double vax by then and I've had both shots, I'm going. Period.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Headache 21

Headache 21 High-Roller

I'm also looking at early May... 6th to the 9th to be exact.

Had November booked back in March with the hopes that we'd be in a better place... clearly that didn't happen.

Nothing has moved me off that early May date yet. I think I'll be good. The main thing that would change is if there are still any quarantine rules on place. I'm truly hoping that between the vaccines, treatments and testing that we'll be in a place where a quarantine isn't necessary - or at least is short and can be bypassed quickly with a negative test result - but we shall see.

Southwest just put the flight I want to take on sale, but I'm not going to bite on it just yet. I may get the flight out sooner than later as long as SW is still letting you cancel wanna get away tickets (or at least put the money on credit for a year, which is what I think it is).

If May doesn't happen I will likely have to wait until fall - as my work schedule starts to get busy from late May through August. So if not May - September.

• Like Like x 2
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming the conference I want to attend is still on in August, that will most likely be it. Of course if things clear up before then, I may make a special trip.

My longest non-Vegas stretch in the last 30-some years was 1 1/2 years, and that will probably tie it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At almost 70 years old with a couple of underlying conditions, I'll wait until we get to that 70% vaccination level they talk about. Hopefully by then, masking and distancing won't be required. First and foremost will be the vaccine levels.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like many others, I'll be going back right after being fully vaccinated and will probably book when I have some certainty when that will be.

• Like Like x 2
  7. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back November 29 and returning February 25.

• Like Like x 2
  8. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    January twice, and Fabruary. Then skip March and off to Asia (hopefully) in April.

NY-NY. mLife comp. 16 oz. bone-in filet at Gallagher's!! Woo-Hoo!
    Slot tournament at Venetian, then on to Cosmopolitan
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Basil

Basil VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most importantly, once I feel comfortable. What does that look like? Not sure. Probably widespread vaccination, significant reductions in cases nationwide, and significant increase in hospital capacity. But in the end, I'll know it when I feel it.

Also would like to see some things return: hotels opened all week. Restaurants opened all week. The poker rooms all open and running. The bars open an running. At this point, I'd say no need for masks, but I'm not sure when that will be a reality, so maybe that's not really a requirement. Time will tell.

In the end, I've been lucky enough to go to Vegas once or twice a year for the past decade or so. And hopefully will be able to go again for many decades to come. Given that, I see no need to rush if it's not going to be an experience I want.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. LVisBeautiful

LVisBeautiful High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as I’m vaccinated-
    probs like 2 weeks afterwards

• Like Like x 2
  11. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    June or July. I figure I'll be vaccinated by then and everything will be open.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ken2v

ken2v That was awesome

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    No idea. Late-spring if a conference is re-scheduled otherwise no concrete plans. We have quite a few other make-up places ahead of Vegas in line.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mudhen

Mudhen Always in Dutch

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have any timeline in mind, as I don't typically plan my Las Vegas trips that way. I just go when I get the urge, and right now, I don't have the urge. In reality, I won't likely be going until things are pretty close to "normal". And for me, that means when everything in Las Vegas is back open, and operating. So it may be a while before I get the urge, again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. woodsie

woodsie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not coming back until masks, barriers, and social distancing measures are gone. Don't confuse this as me advocating that they should end those measures prematurely or that I'm against them. I'm just saying that's when I'll be ready to come back.

Vegas trips are an escape for me and I can't escape if I have to bring all of the current pandemic hardships with me.

I'm hoping that this can happen by June but I have no confident expectation that it will. Might not even be until 2022 for all I know.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  15. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my boyfriend and I get vaccinated, or if we get sick and recover. I've got a suite booked for MDW just to give me something to look forward to, but I'm fully prepared to change it based on what happens between now and then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked end of April.

I think there's a small chance I could get a vaccine (or at least 1st shot) by then, but go / no go would still depend on what the overall conditions are then.

Previous spikes took the same amount of time to subside as they did to build and peak. If this wave peaks end of January, we are looking at a 5-month long spike buildup. The downslope could be faster this time because of vaccine distribution into the general population and sheer penetration of virus into the population. Remains to be seen.

Where they're implemented, mask requirements and quarantines and other restrictions are usually based on targets of rolling averages of positivity rates and new case incidence per 100,000 population. I'm not sure states are going to move the goal posts on those, although at some point, if there's plenty of vaccine and the number of people getting vaccinated trickles off to nothing, then it's going to be hard not to just say, "OK that's it, everybody who wants the vaccine has had a chance to get it." Both things (relaxation of restrictions and tail end of vaccinations) could end up happening at about the same time.

I'm also booked end of August and I may be overly optimistic but I think the mask requirements in a lot of public settings, and quarantines, will be gone then. Or let me put it this way, the math says they could be.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. booker

booker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our experiences are exactly the same.

I'll soon be 71 and have one of those damned comorbidities, so as soon as I get my final vaccination then wait the required amount of time afterwards, I'm a-goin'!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Calder

Calder High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Feb. 15-18

• Like Like x 1
  19. Catzilla

Catzilla VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have flights and rooms booked every month until June. I'm hoping that May or June will do the trick, but if not I'll try September. The problem I see is that once everything opens up, the prices of both flights and rooms may go through the roof, maybe comps are harder to get. Who knows. If that happens and presuming that my locals will be opened back up, I'll probably stick with that for a while. Right now going anywhere would be a treat, so I think that going places here, eating out, playing locally, etc., would make me very happy. Vegas is just one thing I'm looking forward to.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm with all the posters who decided to wait it out a bit longer and see after the vaccines are implemented and the infection numbers go down to levels where masks and restrictions can be lifted.

It may take a while, but I'm ok with it. Very strange that I started to lose interest in visiting Vegas before the pandemic hit. Strange because I thought after I retired I would go more often. The opposite happened, and it's not because I financially couldn't go. More like....meh.

Maybe because now I can go whenever I want to. When I was working I would get so stressed when I wanted to go but work got in the way.

And I plan to do Vegas way different than when I was working. As a retiree, I plan to do more fine dining (well, I'm not really into "fine" but will go to nicer places) explore more restaurants, and stay at local upper scale properties like Red Rock and M resort.

And I will spread my play all over. I will comp myself. I won't play for comps anymore.

• Like Like x 5