1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

When do you book your flight ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by mike mc, Jun 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I already have booked the Paris for Sept 4 thru the 8th but air fare for Jet Blue has been very high, last week was $250 and $235 each way for my non stop, yesterday dropped to $215. I checked the seating and there was only like 25 people on the plane. I told the wife we need to wait a bit longer, is it the usual 6-8 weeks before departure they make a push to lower or should I take them now?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book my flights as soon as I have confirmed:

1) Time off from work
    2) Hotel dates

However, that being said:

1) I always fly SWA and there are no change fees
    2) I never pay more than $100 one way unless it's something I can't miss.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are talking about the 5:00pm non-stop out of BOS, my guess is that's very close to as low as it will go, based on the fact that the 8:00pm non-stop is currently priced at $145, which is almost surely as low as that one is going to go.

There's no "usual" time when prices drop. It's different for every flight in every market. You might get that 5:00pm flight $20 or $30 cheaper, you might not.

4. lsiunsuex

lsiunsuex Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Must be nice! SW non-stop / direct from Buffalo, NY is about $250 / person / flight - comes in around a grand for both of us, both ways. Lands around 8:50am LV time which is nice - first day there is a full day.

We usually book 2-3 months in advance. Most all jobs I've ever had need 2-3 weeks notice for vacation. The additional time is just to plan out what we want to do; read reviews for shows, etc...

5. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book between 1 month to 6 weeks out. Haven't booked for August yet...

6. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book 2-3 months prior to my dates. I go to www.hopper.com to see the dates with the lowest fares and then book on the airline site.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. DRPinVA

DRPinVA Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked our flights for late October last week, which is much earlier than usual for me. In this case, I was using ff points, and I had been checking the various airports just to gauge what sort of flights to shoot for. I happened to find us flights for only 25k points and with very favorable legs - about as good as I have ever seen for freebies...so I jumped on it. But normally, out lead time is 6 - 8 weeks. Now of course, the lonnnnnnnnnnnnngg wait is killing me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. drdestructo

drdestructo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like DaiLun, I book as soon as I have confirmed time off from work. It is usually 3 to 4 months in advance, so I manage decent airfare most of the time. Hotel dates are not usually a concern as I receive offers from several properties, and have a lot of flexibility on that end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!
    just booked Oct. One reward/ one not. Wanted EconComfort and needed the seats together. Got a descent deal out of PHF rather than RIC. Score!

10. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just checked again today still straying the same price. I am able to view the seats and still only 18 on incoming and 25 passengers on outgoing would think they want a full plane with 125+ empty seat hoping for another price drop Kinda like playing the market

• Like Like x 1
  11. BobLasVegas

BobLasVegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As soon as my work vacation days are locked in. I start looking. Usually I book 3 to 4 months in advance,
    assuming of course that I can get a good non-stop airfare. My days of changing planes are long over unless
    they bonk me in the head with a really super price!

12. mike mc

mike mc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just a follow up my gamble paid off, the flight I was watching dropped again to $195 so I snagged it. on my way whoo hoo :woot:

• Like Like x 1
  13. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I book as soon as the SW schedule opens for my chosen dates. Each year, I pretty much know the dates of my three trips. Barring any unforeseen changes, I stick with those dates and book flights accordingly.

I am rounding out this year in September, flights are booked.

14. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. Tarstarkas

Tarstarkas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Waited for SW to open schedule and booked RT for $150 in Jan. Now the long wait!

16. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    booked on SW for Oct/Nov as soon as SW schedule comes out and check prices often. Book with points so easy to get them back if change flight. Lucky that anytime we book the 1st RT non stop, out of Tampa leaves early and usually in Vegas by 9AM. and last non stop out of Vegas leaves late afternoon

17. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I decide to make a trip, I pick some tentative dates. Check airfare. I've flown to Vegas often enough to know what decent airfare is - so if it's good, I'll book then. Else I'll just monitor to see if the price drops. I always book months in advance.

Sister Trip - New Dates (Again)
  18. VPDana

VPDana High-Roller

I live in the Midwest, St. Louis, MO to be exact.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    We go in April & October every year. As soon as a good deal shows up (Southwest) for those months, we book it! We are both retired so we can go whenever we want. Our room is comped at The Cal and have never run into a problem.

19. Red18andRed23

Red18andRed23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello :)

I haven't been to LV in a few years so I don't know if the $216 non stop one way with Southwest from Buffalo is a good price for February 2018...to book or not to book??

Thanks from Toronto

20. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually book months out, then watch prices if I need to call in and adjust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.