1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

when are the worst times for traffic on the strip?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by random512, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. random512

random512 Low-Roller

I was in Vegas this past weekend driving around at various times. In general traffic seemed to flow fairly smoothly but traffic b/t 6-7pm was *horrible* bumper-to-bumper, really frustrating. What would you say are the worst times for traffic on the strip? You can use 6-7pm on Saturday night as a benchmark.

2. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think any time is a good time unless it's like between 3am - 7am. But who would be driving down the strip at that time. You have 100,000s of people condensed into a few miles. There's almost always going to be traffic. It's like Los Angeles.

3. random512

random512 Low-Roller

I drove at several other hours of the day and didn't think it was horrible. I've lived in a lot of big cities but b/t 6-7pm on Saturday it was really horrible. I guess a lot of people are going out for dinner at that time. Has anyone else here experienced some specific timeframes on the strip that really stand out?

4. lp670lambo

lp670lambo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your best bet if you are trying to go north or south along the strip is to use Sammy Davis Jr. Drive or Paradise Rd to navigate where you want to go and then cut it. Those streets are always free and run directly parallel to the strip with quick access to all the resort's.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. random512

random512 Low-Roller

thanks lp good tip

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've always considered Friday and Saturday nights to be the worst. Getting in and out of Caesars and getting to/from the expressway can take 1/2 hour or so.

7. VegasTravelNews

VegasTravelNews MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used Google Maps/navigation on my most recent trip to Vegas. It did a decent job of routing me around the strip traffic, when that was an option. If you are going to a place on the strip on a Fri/Sat night, especially during a peak time (vacation weeks, major trade show/event, etc), I would try using the parallel "back" roads or just leave extra time.

8. sukiran

sukiran Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SHIFT CHANGE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.