1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the skinny on VP free drinky?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by spinette, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spinette

spinette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sorry for coming across a bit green, but how do free drinks at the bars work when you're playing video poker? Do you just ask for a drink and get it for free if you're playing the machines? Thanks!

2. CaptCampion

CaptCampion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Generally, sit at the bar. Put a $20 in and start playing VP. They will ask you if you want a drink. Obviously it takes a little longer if the bar is really full. Those drinks are free as long as you are sitting there playing.

Disclaimer: I typically stay at Main Street Station or Southpoint, which a smaller more "locals" places. I'm not sure if things have changed at the big fancy hotels on the strip.....

3. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some places on the strip like Cosmo and Mirage are printing off drink tickets but I never saw any of them on my trip a few weeks ago so I have no idea how they work.

I played VP at Harrahs and at the Extra Bar at PH.

The bartender at Harrahs just kind of ignored us for a few minutes (although he was busy) and then when we noticed we were playing he took our order for a drink and then just did his rounds coming back asking us if we wanted anything else. To me it looked like he just wanted to see our cards in the machine and that we were playing.

The bartender at Extra came over and I said do we have to set off a green light before we can get a drink and he smiled and said yes which made me believe there was a light on his side that I couldn't see because after a minute or so he came back and gave drinks to the three of us that were playing and even asked my wife if she wanted anything and she wasn't playing. He could have just been humouring me because it was late and just wanted to make sure we were playing before he served us.

If anybody else can confirm I am curious how it was working as well because I never saw any lights or machines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.