1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the more "elegant" rooms on the strip?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ruark, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering, among the low to medium tier rooms on the strip, where is the more/most ornate, elegantly decorated, that projects more opulence and luxury? I'm not talking about the "movie star" $5000-a-night gigs, but more in the $300-$800 a night range. I've seen the rooms at, for example, Ceasar's, Palazzo, and Venetian, and they look awful. They use WAY too much of this ugly, muddy, gray-brown color. Yuck! Wynn and Encore are a little better, but theirs look cold, angular, sterile, like a doctor's office. Are there ANY "elegant" rooms left on the strip, say in some kind of red/gold/black, for example?

2. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Perhaps the Mandarin Oriental is closer to what you're looking for? I can't think of anything like what you're looking for at that price range.

3. Farner

Farner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the the price range that you cite, I prefer the Aria Sky Suite Penthouse decor. This is the most modern and clean look, I could find in the Vegas higher end suites. The penthouses are not really penthouses (confusing) rather refer to the design of this variant of the Sky Suite. The Mandarin Oriental room are not as modern, but do have nice designs. One has see, however, what the new owners are planning there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Curious which towers you're referring to at Caesars. They have several, and they all look different, so I would encourage you not to write them off prematurely. Based on the parameters you described (opulent, ornate, red/gold/black) I would have suggested the Encore but it seems that's not what you're after. Four Seasons has the opulence but not the color scheme. All the upscale hotels in town that you didn't mention tend to skew more contemporary. Maybe Bellagio? Their color schemes vary by room type so I suggest checking out all room categories in your price range before making a decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your version of opulence sounds like what I would call gaudy. My apologies.

Mandarin is not opulent as you'd want: It's Asian, clean and concise.

The best bet would be a mid-level suite at Paris or Venetian. There are also several Airbnb houses that have that Liberace-chic thing going for them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Packrat1

Packrat1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might check out the Wynn Rooms way different interior designer than the run of the mill strip rooms.

7. Audible Nectar

Audible Nectar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get on YouTube and look at rooms, property by property. Pretty much every major Las Vegas resort room is shown on there. You'll get a great feel for the various styles of Las Vegas "luxury", which I can assure you is in the eye of the beholder and a matter of taste. Venetian/Palazzo/Bellagio/WynnCore tend to be that "old school" luxury that doesn't really work for me as a "preferred" style - I like Aria's more modern look/feel, as an example.

But I would spend some time on YouTube, and it helps when you find something you like to look at recent vids of that hotel's various rooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gs32794

gs32794 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. mikel123

mikel123 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really on the strip, but the Trump has a lot of gold and is pretty opulent. Bellagio might fit that as well. Personally, I like a more modern luxury like Aria.

10. Double Nickel

Double Nickel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll second the Aria Sky Suites.

11. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite "elegant" rooms would be at Aria Sky Suites. It's very clean looking. I love staying there.
    The Mirage "penthouses" are okay. Kinda old-school nice.
    SkyLofts are nice, but kinda loud with the art.
    Err, the Bellagio Cypress suite was pretty cool, I liked the colors.
    Luxor recently remodeled their rooms and I kind of want to see them. They look very nice!
    I'm a sucker for nice rooms. People always say "But you're never in the room." It's a lie. Ladies take forever to get ready and I admit I do too sometimes. Nice showers are a plus too to detox with a steam. This is why Sky Suites has me locked. Free waters too.
    Vdara "penthouses" are beginning to look a little run-down. Can't blame them since they were supposed to be condos.

As for red/gold/black. The Miarge penthouses are red and black.
    Bellagio has red and gold.
    Sky Suites is... black and white.

30th Birthday Bash!
  12. Chrisbeans

Chrisbeans Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say Venetian and Palazzo before I read your entire post. I guess everyone has a different opinion on what “elegant” is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandarin Oriental, Aria Sky Suites, possibly Four Seasons is what you are looking for.

14. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never stayed there, but Wynncore probably has the most tasteful injection of color in the decor.

Everybody else who strays away from neutral tones when they renovate tends to pick two colors that don't necessarily play well together in reality.

Suites at Aria, Bellagio, and the upper level suites at MB (like a Skyview) all seem OK to me but none of them scream out that anybody spent more than 5 minutes thinking about color.

And yeah. opulence and luxury are a matter of taste. Some people like spare, clean lines, and some people like overstuffed flowery cushions and claw feet.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really appreciate all the replies! Thanks. Of course, tastes are personal and individual, I understand that. The "muddy gray-brown" carpets certainly hide stains better, I can see the reasoning there. Of course, I don't like gaudy fake bling any more than the next person. As far as the "modern" stuff goes, I think there's a fine line between "clean lines" and "office" ambiance.

Take this Ceasar's room, for example. Yuck. The room views start at 5:00.

16. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Point in case... I really liked that room and I’ve never considered staying at Caesars. Partially because I’ve never played there so they wouldn’t comp me a room. The warm tones and wood seem comfortable and luxurious at the same time. I would find the old school red, black and gold to be gaudy.

17. jmiller31

jmiller31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree on the Aria Sky Suites especially the 1 and 2 bedroom penthouses. Last year we had an interesting chance to compare and contrast Aria and Mirage. One trip we had a Sky Suite 1 Bedroom Penthouse and absolutely loved the look, it was modern but still warm. A few months later we got an amazing deal on a Mirage 2 Bedroom Penthouse, the room was renovated but I felt the colors were too dark. The interesting thing is the layout was virtually identical to the Aria one with the exception of having the second bedroom but the decor made it feel VERY different and actually smaller than the Aria one.

Oh and I noticed nobody mentioned Delano, the lobby is very modern and beautiful and they treat you exceptionally well. It's the closest I've felt to being at a Ritz Carlton in Vegas. If you like white (I mean WHITE) then their biggest suites are perfect for you, I felt like I was being blinded by all of the white in the room.

18. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree most rooms veer towards modern/clean lines, but it makes sense...the more unique the design, the smaller your "thumbs up" audience will be. Clean = neutral = less alienating.

While I have really enjoyed many of our Vegas rooms...none has caught my eye to where I said "wow...I want to decorate like this"....in part because they're too modern for me. I prefer a more Hemmingway look, dark, heavier furniture with carvings, leather couches, rich fabrics...(raw silks, etc.). So kind of understated oppulance/old-world, not what you find on the strip, but I have still found rooms I really enjoy.

I agree with others... Geek out and look at rooms online. You might not find your dream room, your "I want to decorate my house this way"....but with the budget you're looking for...you should be able to find something you like more than others.

Black red and gold might be tough, but I'd love to hear what you find that you like most!

If we all had the same taste, it'd be boring world :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  19. jdk

jdk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like Cromwell may be more to your liking

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.