1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's the closest you've ever been to hitting a new tier but now you're at home far away?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by c2cali, Jul 30, 2020.

1. c2cali

c2cali Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my 250 bonus points hit from the Caesar's July leaderboard promotion (I am shocked I made it, I guess the 5x promo plus COVID etc...) I will be just 9 points away from Diamond Plus. This would upset me very much but I think I can buy something from Lowe's and get 100 points due to their "in person" linked credit card offer from the shop.

Anyone been closer to 9? I bet someone has been 1 away, I would die!

2. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in the 190k range at MLIFE the last two years just missing Platinum - I hit it this year on my trip a couple of weeks ago.

Vegas Trip #42!
    Vegas Trip #43!
  3. c2cali

c2cali Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Kills me that you were so close. It is hard to monitor too because sometimes you're just not sure when the restaurant purchases or hotel stay / resort fees are going to hit. Is there no way to earn MLife tier points outside of Vegas? If you get crazy desperate for Caesars, you can at least refer new members online to sign up if they're going soon (I've tried, and failed, but I know I can succeed eventually).

4. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can get MLife Tier credits by using your MLife Credit Card - I have one and I use it in Vegas and also if I have to purchase any high ticket items so I can build up credits and freeplay... like any credit card - I use it and pay it off right away...

Vegas Trip #42!
    Vegas Trip #43!
  5. taylor99b

taylor99b Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if there is a way to earn MLife points without the MLife Credit Card. Unfortunately with the Canada/US border closure it doesn't look like I will be able to make it back this year. I am trying to keep my express comps/point play active (approx. $500/each). I had 3 trips booked between April and August that had to be cancelled due to COVID-19.

Thanks for any help.

6. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has mLife done any extensions? I believe CET is out to 1/31??? for reward credits now?

7. vegasvstr

vegasvstr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are those tier points or rewards credits from Lowes? Not sure I've ever seen CET give a way to earn off property.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020 at 9:36 PM
  8. c2cali

c2cali Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 250 are from gambling on site, they do a leaderboard for most TCs earned per month at a primary property and I never expected to hit it... but the 5x plus low attendance rate due to COVID worked in my favor. The 100 however, are entirely earned off site, but I think the promo ended. It still shows live, but the terms also say expires July 31, 20. You link a debit card and shop online or in person at one of several stores, like Lowes.

9. ACSCLE

ACSCLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This isn't really that close but I'm 900 points away from the next tier at Cosmo and am not sure if I plan on returning within the 1 year earning period. If I buy a $200 gift card that would give me enough points and give me the new tier for a year. So if I will not be visiting Vegas before then I'll definitely buy the gift card.

10. alexm

alexm High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @c2cali maybe this is a silly question, but what's the rush? You have until 12/31 to earn those 9 points, I would venture that at the very least someone you know may be going to some Caesars property and would be willing to play on your card for 5 minutes to accomplish that. Ideally it would be somewhere other than LV so as not to completely mess up the ADT there, but it also sounds like you earn a bunch of points through spending too, so ADT may not matter as much as Diamond Plus does.