1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's so bad about a good club sandwich? Your favorite Vegas late-night Comfort food

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ardee, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Market Street Café in the Cal has half sandwich and soup, and I'm guessing it costs less than Dupar's.

• Like Like x 1
  2. alanleroy

alanleroy Click my avatar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Steak and Eggs w/Toast and Hash Browns. Maybe Pancakes instead of Toast depending on the Jelly vs Syrup offerings.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yall

Yall Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered a club sandwich, but I'm not even a member. "I like my sandwiches with three pieces of bread." "Well, so do I!" "Then let's form a club." "OK, but we need some more stipulations. Instead of cutting the sandwich once, let's cut it again. Yes, four triangles, arranged in a circle, and in the middle we will dump chips." "How do you feel about frilly toothpicks?" "I'm for 'em!" "Well, this club is formed."

Mitch Hedberg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most nights I would split an Earls with the wife but the last few trips it's been a slice from Pinup Pizza.

Mark

• Like Like x 2
  5. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always try to pick up something that's close to or in whatever resort I'm in so I can get it up to the room still warm. When it's late night and I'm tired and inevitably sauced and just DONE, I'm not in a social mood anymore. I just want to grab something quick and get up into the room and relax.

Mid-strip Earl has done the trick many times, have also done the legendary tot nachos at Cosmo, the Pantry at Mirage, Off the Strip at Linq or lately Blue Ribbon at Bally's. The food court at Caesars took care of things several times on my Xmas trip last year.

South strip I've done America at NYNY many times, Citizens at MB, and I have to admit that the one time I stayed at the Ex years ago I had McDonald's (no longer there, thankfully) 3 nights in a row. Not proud but comfort food is all you want at 4 in the morning.

I still have yet to give in to the room service thing late night in Vegas. I can forgive a lot of expenses in Vegas, but waiting an hour for a $25 club house is not one of them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm playing late and plan to continue - a slice of pizza or quick cafe break of bacon, eggs and toast.

If It's late and headed to the room but have the munchies, I detour for an E.O.S. to take to the room or order a club to take to the room or order room service.. Husband wakes from a deep sleep and joins me - I always order for two :kiss:
    Actually I'm good with almost any late night food :feedme:.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 2
  7. MrBBonz

MrBBonz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy a club, but usually on the sober side of things. For some reason the texture of any veggie (beside potatoes) doesn't agree with me while drinking. So my late night will usually be your usual bar fare, like chicken strips and fries or a greasy burger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Geogran

Geogran Whooo. Whooo.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are speaking my language @Niteshade - I don't do omelette's very often - but spinach, tomatoes, and a bit of ham or bacon is my favorite too! I might be weird but no cheese in my omelette - so maybe it's not a true omelet? o_O
    Love breakfast at night.

• Like Like x 1
  9. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a downtowner, so that is often where I go for a late night fix, or the DTG for the 2-5 a.m. specials. or 4Q.

10. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you’ve seen the way I eat dinner in Vegas, you understand that I seldom need a late night snack (or breakfast the next day for that matter) :feedme: :rolleyes:...but Wynn room service makes a damn tasty burger that I’ve Hasselhoffed on a handful of ocassions. (Their spring rolls are pretty tasty too.)

And I’ll never turn down a good club - as long as the mayo is decent and the bacon is crisp - at any hour! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  11. OhioStateAlum

OhioStateAlum High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I’ve had too much to drink I just want something quick so I’ll usually opt for Earl of Sandwich or whatever catches my eye at Cafe Bellagio. When some zzzz’s aren’t calling my name too badly and I’m with some friends, we’ll go split something at Hash House.

My go to here has always been a gyro. Never had one in Vegas, though.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here, @ardee ! I like to eat my club sandwich with a hot big bowl of tomato soup!

I also like pizza and sometimes I love to eat steaming hot bowls of ramen noodles with bubbling hot broth. It seems to settle my stomach after all that drinking, lol!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Laugh

Laugh High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room Service of Pepperoni Pizza & a Grilled Cheese with Fries.
    Grilled Cheese @ Vdara knocked my socks off.

Birthday Bash!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually play till I'm ready to drop into bed, so usually nothing big. I always bring spicy trail mix for a few bites if I'm hungry before bed.

The one exception is when we're at Cosmo, we do at least one Secret Pizza run per trip. We (ok, "I", I get food run duty) buy a whole pie since it's big, and you can get a couple snacks out of it. (Versus $8 per slice.)

I'm just sad about no microwaves now....I have a feeling I'm probably not the only one who weasled their way out of a breakfast bill or two with some Secret Pizza witching hour shennanigans...

I also liked Pantry at Mirage for late night waffle fries, but next time I'll get them plain. (I prefer a fondu/bechamel/homemade style cheese sauce. I'm not a fan of the stadium-style cheese sauces...)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Film-Noir

Film-Noir High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sherwood at 3AM,
    also had delicious Crispy Belgian Waffles :love:

16. MikeOPensacola

MikeOPensacola VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only beef I ever have with a club sandwich is if they put cheddar or American cheese on it. I prefer Swiss, provolone or even pepper jack. A decent amount of mayo is always welcome.

:peace: :beer:

Two Weeks at Aria
    One Week at MB
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife's "go-to" sandwich is ALWAYS a Club Sandwich, but for me... late at night... a good greasy cheeseburger is hard to beat!

18. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not totally sure what constitutes a club sandwich; there are so many variations! Personally, I consider a club includes: turkey, ham, cheese, bacon, lettuce, and tomato with three slices of bread. However, it seems half the so-called "club sandwiches" out there are just glorified turkey sandwiches. The Country Club sandwich at the local dive sports bar down the street from me describes their club as: "A tripple dekcer sandwich piled high with grilled chicken breast, applewood smoked bacon, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato, swiss cheese and our honey mustard, all on three slices of wheatberry bread." Fortunately, the food is much better than their spelling!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. ken2v

ken2v Wish I was in Bend

America's most valuable agricultural expanse
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    And a martini isn't vodka ... and a pizza ain't a dish ... and ... lol

20. ScottE

ScottE Roller!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last stop of the night Henry's in Cosmo. Can't beat the grilled cheese...

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.