1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's it like having a host?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Bluegrass527, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bil is new to hosts. When he complained it was his second time with the host. I asked him are you sure you played close to how you played the last time? He claimed he did. He also told this to mgt. and mgt told him they are sorry that he is not happy with the host but also stated that the host in question is highly regarded by her clients and by mgt. as being fair and upfront. I mentioned to my Bil that he should have been more polite when talking to mgt about their employees because the new host he requested never contacted him back.

2. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When my Bil complained it was only the second time experience with this host. And he claimed he played close to the same as the first time. But I'm thinking his first time comps were based on the previous time he was there, not his first time with this host.

No, mgt. did not give him what he felt he deserved, only listened to his complaint and then assigned a new host to him. The new host never contacted him. Mgt. also praised the host in question and also added she is highly regarded by their clients and is considered one of the top hosts there.

I told my Bil be careful when complaining to mgt. about their employees. I say this because I know how my Bil is and I should leave it at that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Retrobabble

Retrobabble Director of Fun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's nice having a host. If I want something outside of the corporate offers, I reach out to him for, say, comping a weekend visit when the standard offers are for Sunday-Thursday. He may also add in a few buffets or drinks and some freeplay. That works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, if you BIL is a seven star player.

5. alexm

alexm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is kind of exactly where we are too. If we play to our level we get RFB, but the FB is usually held until back end after the trip. Having an assigned host makes the process so much easier. Our host usually finds one of us on the floor and asks if we need reservations for anything and then leaves us be.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shokhead

shokhead No big spender unless eating drinking having fun!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I got back to my host and said I wanted a suit which I know is offered. He e-mailed back and said he made my resver for a suite at Bally's and got me a $100 food credit. I said great and thanked him. This morning I checked my resver and it said Jubilee King Non-Smoking strip view. No suite. So now what?

Fury vs Wilder 2
Tags: