1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What's everyone's preference when boarding your flight?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by calcuttaman, May 17, 2017.

?

When do you board the plane?

1. Early

30 vote(s)
    56.6%
  2. Middle

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  3. Last

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  4. Doesn't matter

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calcuttaman

calcuttaman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm definitely a late boarder.

2. CaptCampion

CaptCampion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who stand up and grab their overhead bag the second the plane stops, so they can complain about how long it's taking to get off the plane.

And me

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly Southwest as much as I can so obviously I board early. If I'm on another airline with an assigned seat I board late.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Fligster

Fligster VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I have a carry on bag I board early to get a good overhead bin location, otherwise late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ezzy711

Ezzy711 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First class so I always board early. Since I'm pretty much guaranteed overhead space it does matter when I board but to me the greatest perk is the preflight cocktail so I'm primed before takeoff. If there is a delay in boarding or people slowing down the action, I can get a second.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have no problem flying but get a little anxious in long lines. More like antsy, so I just wanted to get it done quick, so I prefer to board early. Plus I've been doing carry on more and more, so I want to get on quickly.

7. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't really have a preference about boarding planes. When I fly to Vegas I usually fly premium so you get priority boarding included in it anyway.

8. RibbonCat

RibbonCat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont like to stand in line or wait on the plane while everyone boards so I sit and wait and get on closer to last.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personal travel I'm almost always on Southwest, so I try for an A boarding. Business travel is either United or American and our tickets are always in the third or fourth boarding group.

11. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually fly southwest so as early as possible. If assigned seats as late as possible I always check bags and carry-on will fit under the seat in front of me so no rush.

Fall Spectacular...
  12. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always bought the Early Bird Boarding when I flew SWA, sometimes I was A, sometimes C (which is absolute horseshit imo)..Last few flights have been American Airlines 1st Class, so again board early...I'm also the dickbag that wakes up at 4:30 a.m, and likes to be the first guest at the party you're hosting..

Reno to Las Vegas...and other places in between..
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. tmoney25

tmoney25 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We flew to Hawaii with our daughter when she was 8 months old. Since we had a child we got to board first. Originally we thought that it was going to be a sweet deal. No, not really. Because then your're in a smaller space trying to keep an infant content and entertained while it takes what feels like three more days for the rest of the flight to board.

Any other time, I don't care. I don't stuff much into my carry-on, so it easily fits below the seat so I don't need to worry about overhead storage.

14. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am in the belief that if you are not early you're late.
    There is no worse feeling than having to rush every where without a plan or plans going to hell in a hand basket.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. h0llywood

h0llywood VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We must be cousins LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that I fly predominantly FC I board early. If I fly coach I wait until the very end.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Roccoscollar

Roccoscollar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends - Southwest - first - always A list - I no likey being monkey in the middle
    Other airlines - if i have an aisle then last. No need to watch the fest that goes on during boarding
    If i get my upgrade to First then I'm on first. Get my drink and watch the others walk on by.

18. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a regular Southwest passenger and though I don't fly as much as I did when I was Business Select companion-pass level, I'm still A-List Preferred. I always seem to be able to get "my" seat... I usually sit in row 4 or 5 on the left side as you walk down the aisle in the window seat. I always used to check my carry-on sized bag, but after having it lost a few months back, I now put my new one in the overhead across from me and my laptop bag under the seat in front of me.

19. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends. Most of the time I sit in the back of the plane so I rather board early. That way I can walk all the way to the back and not have to wait for the people in the front and middle get settled or put their bags in the overhead.

When I sit in the middle or front I don't really care as much, I rather let the people in the back board first so I don't disrupt the boarding process in back.

I hate it when people in front take their sweet time to get settled in or to put their stuff in the overheard, it always slows down the process for the rest of the people in the back and we end up waiting until those people get settled before we can continue on to the back.

I don't have a problem with carry ons, just fill the plane from back to front. Unfortunately there are so many people that go first that the back to front fill process doesn't always work anymore. You have the elderly and handicapped, the first class/business class people, then the families with kids, then the premium members. Sometimes by the time I board I feel that 85% of the plane already boarded before me even though I am in the last section of the plane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NYNYGirl

NYNYGirl VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People like that I don't use overhead bin for my carryon but there's always the fear of someone dropping a suitcase on me when I am in that aisle seat....

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.