1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What was your shortest trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by user3657, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our trips are all 7 days. I wouldn't bother for less than 4.

Let's do this!
    Let's do this!
  2. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A little under 2 days.

Got robbed staying at The Riviera back in the 1990's

Bastards swiped all of our cash, my medications, jewelry. Inside job, everything was in the safe..

I was in my early 20's, no credit, and had cleaned out my bank account prior to arriving in Vegas.

Called mom and dad had them wire me money to pay for the fee associated with changing a flight.

Went home.

• Wow! Wow! x 3
  3. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a 40 hour trip, kinda a detour home. I did a TR for it - I won 1K on a $2 bet!! Maybe I should do more short ones!

2 trips cancelled = absolutely doing all the things!
  4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I flew down on the state's small Gulfstream for a 3-hour meeting once and we held the meeting in one of the upstairs meeting rooms at McCarran. Lunch was brought in... back out to the hanger and away we went!

5. GilGunderson

GilGunderson Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shortest was 3 days, this year. I was coming off of 3 days in NorCal split between SF and Sacramento. 6 total Vacation days, which I had to spare, but 3 days is way too short of a trip for me normally. 4 is absolute bare minimum to really enjoy my time. Coming from NJ it's a bit of a ride, gotta make it count. I've gone as long as 8 nights and was perfectly content with that. I think 6 days is the sweet spot for me.

Trip #10 : Celebrating Life through Excess and Culinary Decadence
    Pools and more.....
  6. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Three days. Four is the best for me.

Had a friend who went to the airport after work (2nd Shift) and returned in time for his 3rd shift schedule the next day. There and back punch out to punch in 24 hours.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My shortest trip, #13, was 3 nights at the Luxor 18 years ago, when for some inexplicable reason, my then gf and I took my 13 year-old son. The only thing good about that trip was that it was only for 3 nights! I think my other short trips have been for 5 nights, while most are for 7 or longer.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  8. LVRaiders

LVRaiders VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from the East Coast went 2 days - never again

Big Game Wknd
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One night, unintentional, three years ago. Returning to Seattle from Reno on Southwest via Las Vegas (that's SW! But the fare was right.). Arrived in Vegas about 7:30 pm. Flight to Seattle had not yet arrived. Said delayed three hours, was supposed to leave about 8:30 pm. I talked with the SW agent, saying there's no way that flight will ever fly, so please put us on a decent non-stop tomorrow. She put us on one leaving around 1:30 pm the next day (sure enough, at 3 am we got a text saying the flight was cancelled).

We'd checked our bags, so had nothing, but it was only going to be one night. I said to my wife "Let's catch the WAX downtown. I think we've got a decent offer from the Downtown Grand." The bus came pretty quickly, we were downtown in less than half an hour, got off in front of the Walgreens, went in and got deodorant, toothpaste and toothbrushes, and went to the nearest trinket shop and bought a couple of $5 Vegas t-shirts for the next day. We walked to the DTG, talked with the check-in clerk who said we could have a room for $20 based on our latest offer. When he saw we were from Seattle he said "I used to live there" and upgraded us to a suite.

We went to the Cal for dinner, came back and sat down to play some VP. We each had $10 free play, so I played dimes to stretch it. Got dealt a royal flush. The security guard behind us said "Don't see that happen very often." Cashed out later for $430 using only the $10 free play. Gave a little back playing various places the rest of the night, hit Main Street Station for the breakfast buffet in the morning, went to the airport and flew home without further incident. Best airline screw-up we've ever had!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. rebirth

rebirth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3 nights, for a few trips.

11. Robin W

Robin W Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I needed to get away to anywhere last summer and Vegas was the cheapest option. Got there Wed night at 7 and left on Saturday at 3 and it was the best trip. Now I'm in love with relaxing solo Vegas trips.

• Like Like x 2
  12. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Arrived late on a Tuesday, had one full day in town, then flew out on the Thursday morning. Snap last minute decision to go for my birthday a few years ago. Not a great experience, I felt like I had to jam all of my normal spots that I hit on a full trip into one day and spent way too much time in taxis trying to cover all the bases. Spending the two nights in a base Flamingo room (all I could get comped last minute) didn't help the situation.

Don't think I would ever book anything less than a full 3-day trip again.

13. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Friday to Sunday, that’s the shortest. Although it was 8am Friday to 11:30pm Sunday..

Trip 55 Super Bowl weekend with some friends
  14. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same day. Arrived from CA around 10AM after leaving in the wee hours, on the road back by 5PM. My dad wanted to check up on an investment property. I kept him company on the drive, then drank and gambled at MSS until he was done with his business. My usual preference for "real trips" is more like 2-3 nights, and never more than 4.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've done anything less than 5 nights if I'm just flying to and from my home in CT. I usually piggy back my Vegas trips with other destinations on the west coast, so sometimes my visits may only be a couple of nights. My shortest trip thus far was in April where I got in at 6 PM on Wednesday night and flew out at 7 AM on Friday morning. Nice taste of Vegas, but exhausting.

16. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2011 I had a meeting in Denver on a Monday/Tuesday and talked my boss in to letting me and a coworker that was also attending spend the weekend in Vegas. We arrived Saturday afternoon and flew out on the first flight to Denver Monday morning.

Mark

17. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On a four week work assignment in Oklahoma City I booked a weekend in Vegas due to sheer boredom. Flight scheduled for 8pm Friday, weather delays arrived 11:30 pm Vegas time. Return flight left 3pm Sunday. So I arrive in Vegas with 40 hours until I leave and I’m supposed to sleep twice? I don’t regret the experience, but in retrospect it was pretty stupid. Minimum stay now is four nights with excellent flight times, five nights otherwise.

Endlessly Postponed
  18. user3657

user3657 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is what im feeling! Feel like i need to drink from the bottle and vegas would be the most fun/safest bet. I just dont know what to do lol.......

19. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from Illinois and the shortest for me was 2 days. Just enough time to get checked into a comped room for my son and handed him the keycard. Then I had a couple nice meals, gamed a bit and then back home. It was odd being in Vegas for such a short time, but the silver lining was I had a trip planned 3 weeks later.

20. BillDonovan

BillDonovan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a few hours. Flew down from Seattle, no luggage, went over to the MGM sports book and made some bets, drank a few beers, back to the airport, fly back to Seattle. And the wife never knew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.